Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Ted

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

saabsaab wrote: »
    Must put a visit to Ted's on my to do list.

Just bring cake.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

nthclare wrote: »
    Bishop Len, one of the hardest men :)

Don’t call him Len you little bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I wonder did the actor Jim Norton model Len on old-school Catholic bishops, because he's very much my idea of what the likes of John Charles McQuaid would be like in the flesh. Very secure in his authority and no problem bossing people around, but still quite worldly and possessed of a streak of dark humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I wonder did the actor Jim Norton model Len on old-school Catholic bishops, because he's very much my idea of what the likes of John Charles McQuaid would be like in the flesh. Very secure in his authority and no problem bossing people around, but still quite worldly and possessed of a streak of dark humour.

I think he said he was thinking of some priests he had when in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Dognapper

Had the pleasure of meeting Jim Norton last year whilst doing road works in Kilkenny city , lovely man , he mentioned the traffic congestion and I said they are even coming from Gdańsk to see the roadworks . Not even a chuckle but still he was a nice guy.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just bring cake.

What kind of cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just bring cake.

And a jumper.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dognapper wrote: »
    Had the pleasure of meeting Jim Norton last year whilst doing road works in Kilkenny city , lovely man , he mentioned the traffic congestion and I said they are even coming from Gdańsk to see the roadworks . Not even a chuckle but still he was a nice guy.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT !

Aglomerado wrote: »
    And a jumper.

Cross between a sheep and a kangaroo!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Greatest comedy ever made in my opinion. Not a single line is wasted. Will never never tire of it.

• Advertisement

Dognapper wrote: »
    Had the pleasure of meeting Jim Norton last year whilst doing road works in Kilkenny city , lovely man , he mentioned the traffic congestion and I said they are even coming from Gdańsk to see the roadworks . Not even a chuckle

At least you didn't try to kick him up the you know where...

At least you didn't try to kick him up the you know where...

And if you did you pretended it never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,503 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's been so long that I forgot that Steve McQueen was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

saabsaab wrote: »
    What kind of cake?

With cocaine in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

After ted announces that there is foul play at the sheep contest everybody is in uproar.

When the uproar dies down silence returns and two words are spoken in a delayed reaction in the unseen background.

Fookin hell.

When the uproar dies down silence returns and two words are spoken in a delayed reaction in the unseen background.

Fookin hell.

by Graham Linehan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Probably said already, small - far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

After ted announces that there is foul play at the sheep contest everybody is in uproar.

Fookin hell.

And the Fookin hell was repeated again when after Giant Reed and Hud Hastings were outed then Fargo Boyle was revealed as the mastermind of plot to fix the sheep competition. It was also followed up with this line

Alan: Should I call the police, Father?

Father Ted: No. He's lost the trust of his sheep. That's punishment enough for a farmer who deals primarily...............with sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And the Fookin hell was repeated again when after Giant Reed and Hud Hastings were outed then Fargo Boyle was revealed as the mastermind of plot to fix the sheep competition. It was also followed up with this line

Alan: Should I call the police, Father?

I

Father Ted: No. He's lost the trust of his sheep. That's punishment enough for a farmer who deals primarily...............with sheep.

It’s graham Linehan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Address him by his proper title, you little b****ix!

• Advertisement
Advertisement