Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My neighbour has just started blasting dance music from his stereo

• 13-02-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how I could cut his electricity or something else to shut the moron up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How inconsiderate. You should knock on his door and politely murder him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Blasting eh?

Hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Why don't you blast out some dubstep on your end???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Neadine wrote: »
    Anyone know how I could cut his electricity or something else to shut the moron up?

What era of dance music is it? anything after 98 and I'd be kicking his fookin door in and shoving his stereo where the sun dont shine!

although some the newer drum n bass isnt that bad........what genre of music is he playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Carmeldansen --- play it as HIGH as you can. He's probably a skanger beats snob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

How inconsiderate. You should knock on his door and politely murder him

Was considering that but all my knifes are in the dishwasher, and he kinda weirds me out anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

its 1am and tomorrow is a working day.

simply go over and ask him to please turn down the volume.

cutting his electricity might lead to more music or violence if he finds out(happened to me before)

You what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Just throwing it out there, go over and ask to turn it down in a nice calm manor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Write him a strongly worded letter, that'll teach him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Jesus Nut

Contact your local Garda.
    It is an Offence to "Blast" music after 2300Hours untill 0700Hours from a Private non-commercial property.

I think the fine is about €800 on the spot

EarlERizer wrote: »
    What era of dance music is it? anything after 98 and I'd be kicking his fookin door in and shoving his stereo where the sun dont shine!

although some the newer drum n bass isnt that bad........what genre of music is he playing?

I have no idea, it's all trash. It's 1am, is it not unreasonable to assume that people may be trying to sleep??

You what now?

ye sorta stuff...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Senna wrote: »
    Just throwing it out there, go over and ask to turn it down in a nice calm manor.
    Thats an awful lot of effort dragging a house along with him just to tell him that, if I was him I'd go over and tell him to turn it down in a nice calm manner.

Burn down his house??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

If you can't beat them, what do you do?

You join them.:D

You what now?

although he might be a bit of a dubstepper himself

try Adele as a retaliation.......they hate that shyte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Jesus Nut wrote: »
    Contact your local Garda.
    It is an Offence to "Blast" music after 2300Hours untill 0700Hours from a Private non-commercial property.

I think the fine is about €800 on the spot
    That's a council matter and not a matter for the gardai. After numerous houseparties i know for a factalls the guards can do is askthem to turn it down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I'd say it's the BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOOM BOOM etc. genre.
    Horseshite, in short.

Burn down his house??

I'm sure that would solve the problem, but may cause me to be homeless too, I live upstairs!

• Advertisement

Johro wrote: »
    I'd say it's the BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOOM BOOM etc. genre.
    Horseshite, in short.

Yeah, it sounds just like tht!

I have no idea, it's all trash. It's 1am, is it not unreasonable to assume that people may be trying to sleep??

...........or have some quiet boards time! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Horseshite, in short.

This?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Get some drums.
    IF its a once off maybe you should just sleep in another room. No need to be so tightly wound.
    If its all the time get some drums and learn to play.This will annoy him and give you a valuable skill you can always use for enjoyment.

Or maybe just blast him with piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Thats an awful lot of effort dragging a house along with him just to tell him that, if I was him I'd go over and tell him to turn it down in a nice calm manner.

*that's

Horseshite, in short.

Ah just as I thought, post millenium euro trash techno ........ go on Neadine get yourself round there and give him what for!

Yeah, it sounds just like tht!
    Yeah, thought so.. Buy a crossbow and show it to him, then smile in a deranged manner while drawing your index finger across your throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:D

Presume it's house music? :pac:

• Advertisement

Is it a regular occurance or is this just out of the blue? , might it be a party.........and your pi$$ed off you weren't invited/couldn't attend :pac:

Dudess wrote: »
    :D

Presume it's house music? :pac:

I neither know, nor care, about the specifics of what it is, it's a racket, and it's late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That you Richie Winter?
    (Nobody will get this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I remember when I used to live in Union Place, Sligo, it was the Haight Ashbury area for its time in the early 1990s. Anyway I had a neighbour who lived above me who played relentless techno all day and all night. At one point in the early hours of the morning I snapped and went out to the hallway and flipped his electricity off, he was crashed out with his stereo blazing the numpty. Next morning he was fuming as I ended up killing all his fish in the aquarium when I switched his leccy off.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Just wait till the morning when hes sober and say in a nice way "hear <insert gobbos name> go easy on the bleedin techno at all hours will ye,
    Say it in a jokey sort of manner, not in pencil neck angry sort of way.
    It is better to get on with your neighbours and complaining usually just leads to anger and a big **** you hire up the volume whenever hes drunk .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Advertisement

Is it a regular occurance or is this just out of the blue? , might it be a party.........and your pi$$ed off you weren't invited/couldn't attend :pac:

There tends to be a lot of noise coming from his apartment all the time, like he is moving furniture, or hacking up bodies, but this is really bad tonight.
    Don't think it's a party, there are no voices, just racket.

I remember when I used to live in Union Place, Sligo, it was the Haight Ashbury area for its time in the early 1990s. Anyway I had a neighbour who lived above me who played relentless techno all day and all night. At one point in the early hours of the morning I snapped and went out to the hallway and flipped his electricity off, he was crashed out with his stereo blazing the numpty. Next morning he was fuming as I ended up killing all his fish in the aquarium when I switched his leccy off.

Would love to do that, but pretty sure I can't get access to his power supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It's rave, isn't it. Staple of the nation. The ultimate computer generated degeneracy little girls do weird shît to

.. I feel for you. theres a generation of parents today, and possibly grandparents too that grew up in some seedy degenerate 90s discos lumme tell ya

There tends to be a lot of noise coming from his apartment all the time, like he is moving furniture, or hacking up bodies, but this is really bad tonight.

So he has a tennis court in there??

If all else fails you can always retaliate with Rick Astley too...

• Advertisement

I neither know, nor care, about the specifics of what it is, it's a racket, and it's late.

I'm sensing this thread might keep you up longer than his music.

You could always grab a rolling pin or some such other device and go round and give him some repetative beats of your own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

cloptrop wrote: »

So he has a tennis court in there??

That'd be "racquet", so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Order a few pizzas to his house. He'll turn it down when he sees the delivery heavies on his doorstep looking to get paid.

I'm sensing this thread might keep you up longer than his music.

You could always grab a rolling pin or some such other device and go round and give him some repetative beats of your own!

Would love to, but at the best of times this guy weirds me out.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Order a few pizzas to his house. He'll turn it down when he sees the delivery heavies on his doorstep looking to get paid.

That would work, and be rather interesting to watch, but no one round here delivers this late.

HazDanz wrote: »
    No that's too refined. Six big booms, eight short bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-booms just like that, ad nauseum. Over and over and over. I got a neighbour who gets about twenty to forty mates round and plays that stuff while they all wig out on speed, from about 8pm til around 4pm the next day. But that's once or twice a year so I live with it. I get invited but I can't stand the noise for more than 2 minutes. It's a windup. Think boy racer and boombox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

That would work, and be rather interesting to watch, but no one round here delivers this late.

Throw a rock through his window then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Would love to, but at the best of times this guy weirds me out.

that irrelevant he's just declared his true regularness / little girlness by blasting rave. he is not weird, he is "mongo" now blast him with fists

No that's too refined. Six big booms, eight short bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-booms just like that, ad nauseum. Over and over and over. I got a neighbour who gets about twenty to forty mates round and plays that stuff while they all wig out on speed, from about 8pm til around 4pm the next day. But that's once or twice a year so I live with it. I get invited but I can't stand the noise for more than 2 minutes. It's a windup. Think boy racer and boombox.

Honestly, the shyte they're listening to today, it's just woeful , any decent dance music fan will tell you it should be 4 big booms, a bass drop followed by 4 smaller bo-bo-bo-bo's and intermitant de der's throughout, ffs where has the class gone from dance music these days...... 4 to the floor ya know or atleast a decent 2x2 :rolleyes:

LH Pathe wrote: »
    that irrelevant he's just declared his true regularness / little girlness by blasting rave. he is not weird, he is "mongo" now blast him with fists

Ok, but who or what is 'mongo'?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement