Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My neighbour has just started blasting dance music from his stereo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

LH Pathe wrote: »
    that irrelevant he's just declared his true regularness / little girlness by blasting rave. he is not weird, he is "mongo" now blast him with fists

In fairness we've not ascertained the genre here, the OP has by their own admission said they've no idea what style of music it is! Unless we can catagorically state he's playing Acid House or Breakbeat hardcore circa 88-92 then we shouldn't be calling it 'Rave'

For all we know this guy is blaring out some Tiesto muck which quite frankly is disgraceful at any hour!

Neadine wrote: »
    Ok, but who or what is 'mongo'?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

EarlERizer wrote: »
    In fairness we've not ascertained the genre here, the OP has by their own admission said they've no idea what style of music it is! Unless we can catagorically state he's playing Acid House or Breakbeat hardcore circa 88-92 then we shouldn't be calling it 'Rave'

For all we know this guy is blaring out some Tiesto muck which quite frankly is disgraceful at any hour!

Are the important facts in this situation not the time of night and the volume of the music, rather than what genre the music actually is?

Not sure I am any the wiser, but thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I have no time for dance music . Maybe the old stuff , here comes mongo sounds like its been done like 5000 times. Is there a beginner Dj set out there that you can buy .
    Anyway has the music stopped yet? Drill a hole in his wall and just stand there staring through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Obvious mongo is obvious

that metronome should not be permitted low frequencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Honestly, the shyte they're listening to today, it's just woeful , any decent dance music fan will tell you it should be 4 big booms, a bass drop followed by 4 smaller bo-bo-bo-bo's and intermitant de der's throughout, ffs where has the class gone from dance music these days...... 4 to the floor ya know or atleast a decent 2x2 :rolleyes:
    Eh... Yeah.. Like that. :D I hear ya.
    Nah it's not the volume, it's the tempo.
    I'd rather more easygoing laidback stuff and you can play that as loud as ya like.

cloptrop wrote: »
    I have no time for dance music . Maybe the old stuff , here comes mongo sounds like its been done like 5000 times. Is there a beginner Dj set out there that you can buy .
    Anyway has the music stopped yet? Drill a hole in his wall and just stand there staring through it.

Nope, music is on going, have banged on the floor, but not sure he would have been able to hear anything with the noise.
    Maybe I should return the favour one morning at 6am when I am up for work, or better still set the timer on my stereo to start blaring in the wee hours when I'm not home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

You really are in a tricky situation. If you pick up the courage to ask someone who weirds you out to turn down the music, he will probably do the opposite. But I do think that maybe you should just casually ask if you see him.

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    You really are in a tricky situation. If you pick up the courage to ask someone who weirds you out to turn down the music, he will probably do the opposite. But I do think that maybe you should just casually ask if you see him.

I know. Fortunately I rarely actually see him.

Are the important facts in this situation not the time of night and the volume of the music, rather than what genre the music actually is?

Well each to their own I suppose, but if i'm going to suffer sleep deprivation at the hands of some pilled up knobhead and his music then my tolerance levels would be dependant on what it was, if he's playing some 'rave' (circa 88-92) I could tolerate that no problem (aint nothing like the oldskool) ..... if he's playing the latest shyte from Tiesto or Skrillex or some such other superstar KJ then (as I've suggested) I'd be round there belting out some repetative beats of my own!

No matter, point is, your still sat here complaining to people on boards (in after hours no less) knowing full well there's no remedy here for your suffering ........ close the PC call the police and with a bit of luck the noise will come to an abrupt halt in 15-20 mins!

Sorry I can't be there the old red mist tends to comes down whenever I hear that beat encroach. I have pulled people from their cars n wrenched out their stereos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If you are too nervous just call the police. Having had manys the house party shut down by the boys in blue in my day, I know from first-hand experience that the boys in blue mean business. I was dipping in and out of this thread earlier on, and I must say I am shocked to see that it's still going on. Either stand up for yourself by going over there, call the police, or just get ready to sit up for the night. Might I suggest Channel 4 if you're going to break on through. Amelia is on. But hammering it out here ain't gonna fix it.

Nope, music is on going, have banged on the floor, but not sure he would have been able to hear anything with the noise.
    Maybe I should return the favour one morning at 6am when I am up for work, or better still set the timer on my stereo to start blaring in the wee hours when I'm not home.

:D Is that the sound of the penny dropping? ...... now whatever you do,if you decide on this course of action, be sure to place your speakers face down on the floor, if you've got lamenate flooring all the better!

If you are too nervous just call the police. Having had manys the house party shut down by the boys in blue in my day, I know from first-hand experience that the boys in blue mean business. I was dipping in and out of this thread earlier on, and I must say I am shocked to see that it's still going on. Either stand up for yourself by going over there, call the police, or just get ready to sit up for the night. Might I suggest Channel 4 if you're going to break on through. Amelia is on. But hammering it out here ain't gonna fix it.

Like someone said earlier on it's best to make an effort to get on with your neighbours, and for the moment I am living here - something I may have to reconsider - but is calling the cops not, maybe, a little excessive?

• Advertisement

Sorry I can't be there the old red mist tends to comes down whenever I hear that beat encroach. I have pulled people from their cars n wrenched out their stereos

If they're playing Tiesto,Skrillex or the like then serves them right!

Well each to their own I suppose, but if i'm going to suffer sleep deprivation at the hands of some pilled up knobhead and his music then my tolerance levels would be dependant on what it was, if he's playing some 'rave' (circa 88-92) I could tolerate that no problem (aint nothing like the oldskool) ..... if he's playing the latest shyte from Tiesto or Skrillex or some such other superstar KJ then (as I've suggested) I'd be round there belting out some repetative beats of my own!

No matter, point is, your still sat here complaining to people on boards (in after hours no less) knowing full well there's no remedy here for your suffering ........ close the PC call the police and with a bit of luck the noise will come to an abrupt halt in 15-20 mins!

Ah come on the police are busy enough , just stick some cotton buds in yer ears and go to sleep in the quietest part of the house. Hang around outside tomorrow and bump into him and mention it in passing. REporting him and all is only going to lead to uncomfortable atmosphere.
    Knocking in at this hour is bad news becuse hes drunk and probably knows he is being an arsehole but loves being an arsehole when hes drunk .

Or you could wait till about half an hour after he turns of the music then go out and slash all his tyres. He wont be blaring music for a while if hes spending his days wondering whos out to get him and peering out the window.

Any chance you would like to call round??!!

Any chance you would like to call round??!!

Another woman seduced in after hours with a story of stereo wrenching .

You should probably call the Garda n strike up some audio level restrictions if his bass levels are newtered the fukkin smurfette or anastasia on vocal duties shouldn't penetrate too much anyhow.

• Advertisement

Like someone said earlier on it's best to make an effort to get on with your neighbours, and for the moment I am living here - something I may have to reconsider - but is calling the cops not, maybe, a little excessive?

Is it any more excessive than 'blaring' noise at 1.45am on a Sunday night/Monday morning?

Are you up for work in the morning? or had you planned to have a quiet night on boards into the early hours? if it's the latter then why not stik some headphones on and type away here to your hearts content whilst listening to music of your own chosing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Live and let live OP

Live and let live OP

How about live and let sleep. Some of us have work in the morning.
    And I'm pretty sure my job doesn't interfere with his partying.

Live and let live OP

:D Tune

No probs with the neighbours belting this one out ........ that said, I have my own copy! \o/

with a bit of luck, he'll play this one.......ohhhh you'll be up and dancing in no time!

\o/

with a bit of luck, he'll play this one.......ohhhh you'll be up and dancing in no time!

\o/

I'm pretty sure there is NOTHING he could play that would have me up dancing at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I know. Fortunately I rarely actually see him.

Is there any chance he might be trying to get your attention?

We're almost 2 hours in on this thread, your getting nowehere near a solution,music is still going and your still awake, he's none the wiser and all thats been achieved is your level of irritation has increased.

might be time for the 'excessive' approach and calling your friendly neighbourhood gardai.

Yeah just go in and give him the ride. Its a known fact men fall straight asleep after the sex . Knock his radio off on yer way out.

Yeah just go in and give him the ride. Its a known fact men fall straight asleep after the sex . Knock his radio off on yer way out.

and it'a also a known fact that a good ride reduces stress! ......winner all round AND it's good neighbours from here on in or ackward silences ...again win win :D

• Advertisement

I'd rather have to tolerate the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Drill a hole in his wall and just stand there staring through it.

Lol ! Great image:D

I'd rather have to tolerate the noise.

Hed prob rather tolerate the fact you cant sleep rather than turn down his radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Well that's neighbours for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's a bit of noise, just go alseep and don't mind what your neighbors are doing. There are more important things to worry about.

It's been awhile, either gone for the 'ride' option or has fallen asleep reading the replies!

It's a bit of noise, just go alseep and don't mind what your neighbors are doing. There are more important things to worry about.

Really???

I could care less what that muppet is doing.
    And if it wasn't for that 'bit of noise' I would be asleep hours ago.

Imagine if hey ever started making rave for boys n the term hardcore started to be done justice I heard an example of some from holland, still just such a tweeny girl dominated market though I doubt it'd take hold...

Think the boys prefer it too maybe it's a case of "whatever the girls are having" n they stay sober then move in for the kill whe the girls are intoxicated on their choooon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Anyone know how I could cut his electricity or something else to shut the moron up?

You could buy earplugs,as a short term measure,Neadine,and try here to get it stopped once and for all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement