Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

short fillum idea..

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

nice_very wrote: »
    cloptrop, humberk, overheal and liam.................. GET A ROOM :D

Get an AGENT! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Would a strawberry pop tart look any different to an apple pop tart in black and white. Apart from the fact tht one would have strawberry on it and one would have apple.

Anyway op you need some sort of story to your film , not just some charlie chaplin impersonator sending off letters and looking sad. There have been a million films and series made about people on the dole.
    The full monty , shameless are the first two I could think of. The success of these is because they dont just have the dole as the story . You need to layer it have a beginning middle and end. What you have is the title to your film nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

...I was hoping people would see my idea as a possible eye-opening truth, that we are not all layabout spongers and we do want to work, with the depression and desperation that being on the dole brings about.
    Oh yes, and I don't mean to criticise that at all.

I would rather enjoy a documentary such as you have suggested.

As a mid-20s Irish male I could very easily have found myself in the position of a lot of my compatriots, were it not for the intervention of fate that I didnn't get involved in the construction boom.

Mere co-incidence saved me from my fate, and I am eternally grateful for that happenstance. The idea that those who have to rely on the dole do so out of laziness (as much out of resignation) is as it is as puerile is tragically deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I know this is AH and I expected the trolls/idiots.. you have shown yourselves.

I know this is AH and I expected the trolls/idiots.. you have shown yourselves.

And knowing that you still posted here? Hmmmm...poptarts.

Thats not very nice now is it.

later10 wrote: »
    Oh yes, and I don't mean to criticise that at all.

I would rather enjoy a documentary such as you have suggested.

As a mid-20s Irish male I could very easily have found myself in the position of a lot of my compatriots, were it not for the intervention of fate that I didnn't get involved in the construction boom.

Mere co-incidence saved me from my fate, and I am eternally grateful for that happenstance. The idea that those who have to rely on the dole out of laziness is as it is as puerile is tragically deluded.

again.. thanks later... I also would be in worse circumstance if not for not being here during the boom..

"The idea that those who have to rely on the dole out of laziness is as it is as puerile is tragically deluded" there are some on the dole from pure laziness, I am trying to put forward that not all of us are

humberklog wrote: »
    And knowing that you still posted here? Hmmmm...poptarts.

yet you keep posting...... QED

Yep. Well, 'til now. Bed beckons shortly.

It's not to blow holes in the idea but how you go about it. There are plenty of stories already out there saying (rightly) what you say and very few (if any?) saying that people on the dole are spongers. However: on line it is more common to come across this attitude, it's easy to hide oneself on-line. But on-line's not making the movies (or short docs). My guess (and that's all it is) is that you're reading AH and thinking of a decent rebuttal. But AH isn't the place for it.

• Advertisement

What does QED mean.
    Man you came in here with a title to a film thats been done a million times. You asked for someone else to make it for you. Why dont you just go and rent one of them films.
    I offered you advice on your film , its was in a sarcastic tone I suppose but it was constructive sarcasm , give your charachter some reason for you to feel for him . Make the audience connect sort of ****.
    Some nob on the scratcher not getting a reply from cv sending?? Who is going to see that . Honestly who?
    Just cause its in black and white doesnt make it art, tbh it just makes it harder to get someone to watch it.
    Dont get pissy in after hours because someone made a joke , its what the forums for. maybe you should go to film or something .

cloptrop wrote: »
    What does QED mean.
    Man you came in here with a title to a film thats been done a million times. You asked for someone else to make it for you. Why dont you just go and rent one of them films.
    I offered you advice on your film , its was in a sarcastic tone I suppose but it was constructive sarcasm , give your charachter some reason for you to feel for him . Make the audience connect sort of ****.
    Some nob on the scratcher not getting a reply from cv sending?? Who is going to see that . Honestly who?
    Just cause its in black and white doesnt make it art, tbh it just makes it harder to get someone to watch it.
    Dont get pissy in after hours because someone made a joke , its what the forums for. maybe you should go to film or something .

miaooooo

QED = Quo Et Demonstratum

miaooooo

I think he meant in relation to the post. "Which was to be demonstrated" struck me as odd too but...ergo:pac:

Yep. Well, 'til now. Bed beckons shortly.

It's not to blow holes in the idea but how you go about it. There are plenty of stories already out there saying (rightly) what you say and very few (if any?) saying that people on the dole are spongers. However: on line it is more common to come across this attitude, it's easy to hide oneself on-line. But on-line's not making the movies (or short docs). My guess (and that's all it is) is that you're reading AH and thinking of a decent rebuttal. But AH isn't the place for it.

offering to be the subject of a docu of a week in the life of a person on the dole trying to get work is not hiding myself on the internet.. also there are plenty of people online and offline, with jobs, who see dole people as scroungers.. that is what I was trying to speak out against

anyway, have a good sleep

miaooooo

MMMMMMk so he is latin speaking cat on the dole, now your talking , kinda like cat in the hat but without the budget , he comes over to the kids house but they tell him to piss off cause he cant do anything cool cause magic costs money.
    He then sends a cv or two off and just when you think things are going gret for him and salma hyak they have a fight over something silly , but right at the end they get back together.
    Cat in a Hyak id call it .

Oh and its in the future

offering to be the subject of a docu of a week in the life of a person on the dole trying to get work is not hiding myself on the internet.. also there are plenty of people online and offline, with jobs, who see dole people as scroungers.. that is what I was trying to speak out against

anyway, have a good sleep

Well now Mr.Cecil B. you're also giving direction in suggesting the B+W grain nature of the shoot.

• Advertisement

MMMMMMk so he is latin speaking cat on the dole, now your talking , kinda like cat in the hat but without the budget , he comes over to the kids house but they tell him to piss off cause he cant do anything cool cause magic costs money.
    He then sends a cv or two off and just when you think things are going gret for him and salma hyak they have a fight over something silly , but right at the end they get back together.

Oh and its in the future

drugs are bad mmmkay

Well now Mr.Cecil B. you're also giving direction in suggesting the B+W grain nature of the shoot.

surely the director directs and the suggestor suggests....

How much money does a suggester get paid.
    Is it like a court jesters understudy , the court subjester, the b kinda got dropped over the years , it happens ,
    like if somebodys name was OF Hara then it got shortened to O Hara over the years.

There's no such thing as a "suggestor" in that game. The director does his job, you tell your story. You've no input into a broadcast's final output regarding style.

How much money does a suggester get paid.

I never asked for payment, have you read the thread or are you just trolling?

• Advertisement

There's no such thing as a "suggestor" in that game. The director does his job, you tell your story. You've no input into a broadcast's final output regarding style.

therefore, my suggestion would be disregarded and the director would decide what to do, right?

I never asked for payment, have you read the thread or are you just trolling?
    Im just curious, surely you dont think somebody in after hours is going to make the film , I think if you were serious about this you would be in the filmmaking thread I think your drunk .

therefore, my suggestion would be disregarded and the director would decide what to do, right?

Why on earth would you be making suggestions about production to a director?

Why on earth would the director hire him instead of some dude just out of acting school.

Why on earth would the director hire him instead of some dude just out of acting school.

Why in lords name would the acting school hire a dude to direct a "suggestor"?

whoooooaaa there horsey, I put my idea to the thread about how I think/would like it to be, you and others started talking about directors etc

whoooooaaa there horsey, I put my idea to the thread about how I think/would like it to be, you and others started talking about directors etc

It's a bit airyfairy now really isn't it?

I heard steven spielberg was interested once he heard you were on board.

I heard steven spielberg was interested once he heard you were on board.

"on board" really?? how many other buzz phrases did you pick up from the apprentice?

"drop the ball"
    "on the table"
    "outside the box"

"on board" really?? how many other buzz phrases did you pick up from the apprentice?

"drop the ball"
    "on the table"
    "outside the box"

Sorry ill spell it out for you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, on boards.ie
    Get it now??
    Come on that was fricken hilarious , I should write the jokes for the film.

• Advertisement

It's a bit airyfairy now really isn't it?

from my first posts, theres almost a full production team now (if you had your way) so I have generated employment :D

"drop the ball"
    "on the table"
    "outside the box"

I have Harvey on line 2. He likes the B+W grainey idea and think Soderberg might be the man. One problem- Penn wants your part. Harvey still wants you on board but in more of a "suggestor" role.

I have Harvey on line 2. He likes the B+W grainey idea and think Soderberg might be the man. One problem- Penn wants your part. Harvey still wants you on board but in more of a "suggestor" role.

take a message, will call tomorrow

take a message, will call tomorrow

After the music to Ronan Collins or Joe Duffy? What kinda sleepingsickness alarm call are you operating by? Hollywood never sleeps, especially not for gold like this.

After the music to Ronan Collins or Joe Duffy? What kinda sleepingsickness alarm call are you operating by? Hollywood never sleeps, especially not for gold like this.

will call after I collect my dole, before I drink my dutch gold, on the way to my ex's social housing to see my kid.... is that enough stereotype for you to fap to and go to bed like you said an hour ago?

will call after I collect my dole, before I drink my dutch gold, on the way to my ex's social housing to see my kid.... is that enough stereotype for you to fap to and go to bed like you said an hour ago?

I don't mind you assuming my pejudices...but by god above...Don't Tell Me When TO GO TO BED!!!

Night now:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

its called the first half hour of trainspotting

I don't mind you assuming my pejudices...but by god above...Don't Tell Me When TO GO TO BED!!!

Night now:).

g'night

its called the first half hour of trainspotting

I will only reply to this, to say I'm not going to reply to ths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I have a suggestion OP,head up to the Arts college in Ballyfermot,it's behind Tesco,they teach film/editing/camera, the whole 9 yards basically. Ask a student,they have to produce stuff all the time.

dubtom wrote: »
    I have a suggestion OP,head up to the Arts college in Ballyfermot,it's behind Tesco,they teach film/editing/camera, the whole 9 yards basically. Ask a student,they have to produce stuff all the time.

I'm not in Dub, Tom.. but thanks for the idea, might put to some media students, maybe it could be part of their final project or something........ jaybus I'm getting employment for everyone bar myself hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

miaooooo

Oh and its in the future[/Quote]

Hoverboards ? Please say there's hoverboards ?

Advertisement