Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was this allowed to happen?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

painful enough to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Some man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

this guy's acting career is over, I almost melted in a plop of goo after spending 15 seconds listening to that. thank zod there was an off-switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

Poor U.C.D...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

In the words of Jenna Maroney : JUMP BACK UP YOUR MOTHER

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The Law Ball video was always gonna be a tough act to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Hah, I went to school with him and one of the girls in that video, I thought it was pretty funny and only mildly horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Some man

some beard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Who won? The feckers were everywhere today! Vote for him, vote for her, I'm in a rush, to go to Lectures!!! And you already stopped me!

One even said she'd talk to me on the way to the lecture hall, even though we were standing right outside it:confused: Unless she was planning on following me in and campaigning me in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Convinced that there is something funny in the water in Ucd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Who won? The feckers were everywhere today! Vote for him, vote for her, I'm in a rush, to go to Lectures!!! And you already stopped me!

One even said she'd talk to me on the way to the lecture hall, even though we were standing right outside it:confused: Unless she was planning on following me in and campaigning me in there :D

Easy way to get them to piss off that won't work in the union elections "I'm not a member of your society!", then you're worth nothing to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Convinced that there is something funny in the water in Ucd.

Trouble is, where can you get any?!
    Offside wrote: »
    Easy way to get them to piss off that won't work in the union elections "I'm not a member of your society!", then you're worth nothing to them.

Yeah, will try that next time!

Sinéad Rooney won in the end, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The validity of the election has been appealed by my team and I. More details can be found on the Tribune and Observer.

I know how much elections annoy most of you. This one means an awful lot to me, the margin was so small that we felt due to the problems with the membership list an appeal was necessary to establish democratic legitimacy.

I can't say much over the next few days, but as always I am a boardsie, and you can contact me on the threads or by PM.

Chris

errlloyd wrote: »
    The validity of the election has been appealed by my team and I. More details can be found on the Tribune and Observer.

I know how much elections annoy most of you. This one means an awful lot to me, the margin was so small that we felt due to the problems with the membership list an appeal was necessary to establish democratic legitimacy.

I can't say much over the next few days, but as always I am a boardsie, and you can contact me on the threads or by PM.

Chris

Ah Mr Lee, I have a bone to pick with you. Your video, while I know it was done in a sarcastic, tongue n' cheek manner, I found the last comment very off-putting. I was finding it rather inoffensive up until the "Did you hear Hutch is Gay?" comment at the end.

I can take a joke as much as the next person, but why did you find this necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

gradlife wrote: »
    Ah Mr Lee, I have a bone to pick with you. Your video, while I know it was done in a sarcastic, tongue n' cheek manner, I found the last comment very off-putting. I was finding it rather inoffensive up until the "Did you hear Hutch is Gay?" comment at the end.

I can take a joke as much as the next person, but why did you find this necessary?

Indeed I regret it, we removed it, and up to date versions of the video don't feature it.

Though I should say he consented to it.

I thought the actual tone and pitch of the comment didn't express either positive or negative connotations to sexuality. When we shot it we agreed there was no way we were putting it in, but when we watched it over and over and got some other people to watch it we decided that actually it was neutral.

I really didn't say "he's gay its a bad thing" or "he's gay its a good thing" I just said "he's gay". Which is why we thought it was ok.

Of course the reason its not ok, is it made it seem like him being gay was a thing of note. And I can fully understand now why people would be offended by me thinking it was a thing of note. That said this argument has never stopped anyone calling me protestant (the difference is they're not joking and they actually do think its a thing).

When it was brought back to my attention some people had been hurt I asked if I could issue an official apology, and I was told not to because it would just draw attention to it.

I am not in the least bit homophobic, and many of my gay friends and family members actually found the comment quite funny. The truth is that video editing is the most boring thing in the world, and that at 4am on Sunday morning putting it up as it was seemed like a good idea.

Feel free to PM me about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JCT18

I will never, ever believe Hutch is gay after seeing his dancing in that video.

JCT18 wrote: »
    I will never, ever believe Hutch is gay after seeing his dancing in that video.

It's fantastic that you registered to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JCT18

It's fantastic that I registered a year and a half ago, and up until now, everything was in order.

JCT18 wrote: »
    It's fantastic that I registered a year and a half ago, and up until now, everything was in order.

DUHR! It was your first post then.. my bad.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement