Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual request

Options
  • 13-02-2012 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hey,

This may seem unusual but...

I go into areas that I cannot bring my mobile phone(I don't mean bad signal areas..long story)... and I'm wondering is there any device that I could have on my person that would alert me if my phone has been called, perhaps even when it gets a text...

I.E....If someone rings my phone I would have something like a pager that recieves a signal saying my phone has been rung so then I can go retrieve my phone..

Any ideas folks?..

Thanks for any help..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If the no phone restricted area is because of potential RF interference from the phone then the same would apply to pagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I've worked in areas with similar restrictions before. Any chance you could setup / make use of a DECT phone and bring that with you? Then you could redirect your phone to it when inside THE DANGERZONE.

Or whatever you call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Have a look at thinkgeek.com they have a blutooth watch that alerts you to calls

Advertisement