Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diagnostics .panic.plist

• 13-02-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Google searching appears to tell me that this Data result in my Diagnostics & Usage section of the phone is a hardware issue and must be returned to Apple.

Apple was to either send me a box for free for a return
    or
    Send me a replacement for €29(Courier Charge)
    AND
    If either problems manifests itself as being an out of warranty problem they have the right to charge the credit card ANOTHER €211. :eek:

OR

Bring it to Meteor who wants at least 15 working days without my phone but still charge me for a months phone usage. :eek:

What's the Panic thing on my phone? Is it a Hardware issue and where do I stand with getting it replaced?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

May be a silly question but did you try a restore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Gileadi wrote: »
    May be a silly question but did you try a restore?

Maybe but you cannot restore a hardware problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Theres no definitite way to say its a hardware problem until apple get a good look at it which involves all the messing you already described.

Whereas a plist problem _could_ just indicate a corrupted iOS that _could_ be solved with a 20 minute restore. If you haven't tried it I recommend giving it a go and then see if it resolves the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I went to the trouble of ringing apple again as I want to be sure of the issue. He said that if we were in the uk for example I could probably stroll into an apple store and walk out with a replacement if the issue was warranty.

He suggested a restore as well, a lot more than the last guy who simply wanted my money.

I will restore it later and backed it up earlier and there was no new software. Cuurently on 5.0.1

Advertisement