Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber sourcing/fallen trees

Options
  • 13-02-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering, for small amounts of timber, is it possible to take cuts from fallen trees/branches in woodland (national?) parks, or is a licence required for this?

Any other suggestions for free sources of (tiny amounts of) timber?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

m0nsterie wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering, for small amounts of timber, is it possible to take cuts from fallen trees/branches in woodland (national?) parks, or is a licence required for this?

Thanks
    Tree surgeons.
    Landscape gardeners.
    Offcuts from joiners/outfitters/cabinet makers.

I doubt anyone is going to be too worried if you pick up the odd branch or two.
    Most branch wood gets chipped and dumped anyway.
    If you're stuck, send me a pm. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

m0nsterie wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

It is actually illegal to remove any sort of tree material from national parks and woodlands.

Lots of people do it though,but Im not saying thats it right to do it.

Afterall,its illegal.

But make of that what you want to though.

Builders providers are allways a good source for odd bits of broken timber pieces and broken pallets.

Regards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

paddy147 wrote: »
    It is actually illegal to remove any sort of tree material from national parks and woodlands.

Lots of people do it though,but Im not saying thats it right to do it.

Afterall,its illegal.

But make of that what you want to though.

Builders providers are allways a good source for odd bits of broken timber pieces and broken pallets.

Regards.:)

Thanks. I'm really just looking for small pieces for turning and carving so pallets probably wouldn't cut it :)

I might have a look out for a local tree surgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Where are you from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

woodturner wrote: »
    Where are you from?

PM'd you.

Advertisement