Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Broadband provider?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for recommendations for broadband in D15. I don't really want to get into a long-term contract with something crappy. I have the O2 mobile broadband but want something better now.

I can't get UPC, despite being able to get their digital TV.

Do most just go with Eircom? It's very expensive for what you get, I think. If there was no line rental it'd be alright.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Hi 78, I have just moved to meteor, because of were my home is I was not able to get the vodephone, upc, perlico etc.

But the new meteor hotspot im finding really good. €20 a month :)

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/ are in the area and so are http://www.irishbroadband.ie/

Both have wireless broadband that you don't need the phone line for.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

Been on these http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/ for nearly 4 years and have little or no complaints..if its speed your looking for look elsewhere if its standard browsing and reliability then go for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Hi,

I would suggest to contact again upc to check if the connection will arrive in soon, I am in closilla and it is covered without any problem since a couple of months. I am aware that upc is trying to expand their coverage as much as possible, so I would suggest to check how long is going to take rougly and in the meanwhile continue with the meteor or o2 if the waiting time is bearable

Hope this can help
    Gab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Do you have a land line there?

DSL at its worst is better than the best mobile broadband, especially if you use Skype or play games online.

Most problems with DSL is the quality of the phone line inside the house, not the line to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm with UPC now but before I was with Digiweb and thought they were great. I had no problems with them anyway. The only reason I changed was because there was no download limit with UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Im currently with eircom need to change for a couple of reasons
    1)expensive 2) Crap.

Anyone else got experience of other providers in the clonsilla area.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Paddy3

I'm living on the Clonsilla road and I previously used WiMax and then moved to UPC. There was nothing technically wrong with WiMax but UPC worked out cheaper and gave better speeds.(Although their customer service is not exactly brilliant). So far no real issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Got UPC last June after years of wireless crap from O2. The speed performance is very good. The few times I've had to ring UPC at the start were fine. Always got through to someone who resolved the issue adequately.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

ongarboy wrote: »
    Got UPC last June after years of wireless crap from O2. The speed performance is very good. The few times I've had to ring UPC at the start were fine. Always got through to someone who resolved the issue adequately.

+1 for UPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I had wimax before it lasted all of 1 hour as it couldn't get more than 1Mg download.They said thats all i would get and that was with the router at the front room window. Does UPC have much congestion on there network?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

+1 for UPC.
    I have had it for years and it's been very very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

+1 for UPC, Have it 2 years now and still get 20mb plus down and 1.5 to 2 upload. Cant argue with that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Have had UPC for a few years now, no complaints at all to date.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tom Harward

UPC for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Have had UPC in Tyrrelstown and the Phoenix Park Racecourse where I live now. Once it's set up, it is quite stable with the speeds promised (30mbit).

Can't say much negative about the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

Vodafone 8 Mb/s only €40

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Broadband threads merged.

Advertisement