Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question re Lumia 710

Options
  • 13-02-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying the Lumia 710 from here.

Am happy with the price... 2 things:

Does anyone have hands on experience with this phone? I can't justify the extra €120 for the Lumia 800...
    Any experience ordering from amazon.de, positive or negative?

Advice and recommendations greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

There are some reviews of it online. I like the fact that it doesn't have capacitive buttons and the screen is RGB, if only SLCD. It gets good reviews, has the same processor as the 800 and WP7 is a great OS. I think it would be a great buy.

Amazon.de will be fine as long as you buy direct from them, sometimes you might be buying from a third party retailer and it's good to check them out before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

TBi wrote: »
    There are some reviews of it online. I like the fact that it doesn't have capacitive buttons and the screen is RGB, if only SLCD. It gets good reviews, has the same processor as the 800 and WP7 is a great OS. I think it would be a great buy.

Amazon.de will be fine as long as you buy direct from them, sometimes you might be buying from a third party retailer and it's good to check them out before you buy.

Thanks for the feedback TBi.

It's frustrating that none of the Irish carriers have this yet. I think I'll end up getting it from amazon.co.uk as it turns out. Price is similar, but .de wouldn't ship to my address.

You're better off. Buying off the operators is false economy. I'd love to know how you get one with it.

You're better off. Buying off the operators is false economy. I'd love to know how you get one with it.

I'll be sure to report back. For reference, I've owned a HTC Desire since it launched (almost 2 years ago), and this will be my first WP device. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I bought from amazon.de- cheaper by far than .co.uk. Got the lumia 800 though. It shipped on Friday and was there on Monday. No network branding but the charger has the european plug of course and the manuals are in German if that bothers you- you can still charge it off a pc of course and get the manuals online.

• Advertisement

I bought from amazon.de- cheaper by far than .co.uk. Got the lumia 800 though. It shipped on Friday and was there on Monday. No network branding but the charger has the european plug of course and the manuals are in German if that bothers you- you can still charge it off a pc of course and get the manuals online.

I was unable to get the 710 sent to my Irish address... Did you use a workaround, or was it simply a case of add the 800 to basket and order?

I was unable to get the 710 sent to my Irish address... Did you use a workaround, or was it simply a case of add the 800 to basket and order?

If you order direct from amazon.de it should be ok. Did you order from a separate company which sells through amazon?

For example for the 800 it says
    "Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon.de. Geschenkverpackung verfügbar."

for the 710 i saw it was
    "Verkauf und Versand durch M&S Electronics. Für weitere Informationen klicken Sie bitte auf den Verkäufernamen."
    so not direct from amazon.de

try this link
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B006JMF4TK/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&psc=1

Simply a case of adding to basket. It definitely sounds like that's not coming direct from amazon themselves but from a company using amazon.

If you order direct from amazon.de it should be ok. Did you order from a separate company which sells through amazon?

For example for the 800 it says
    "Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon.de. Geschenkverpackung verfügbar."

for the 710 i saw it was
    "Verkauf und Versand durch M&S Electronics. Für weitere Informationen klicken Sie bitte auf den Verkäufernamen."
    so not direct from amazon.de

try this link
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B006JMF4TK/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&psc=1
    Simply a case of adding to basket. It definitely sounds like that's not coming direct from amazon themselves but from a company using amazon.

That's really strange... The 800 wouldn't ship to me either, but the 710 in white from M&S Electronics would... hmmm.

I bought the 800 in pink, or fuchsia as it says on amazon, if that makes any difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement