Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale - thing to see and do

Options
  • 13-02-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I’m making a long overdue visit to Cork this week for 3 nights…. Am staying in Kinsale so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of places to see and things to do in Kinsale and the surrounding areas?.... Will have the car with me so don’t mind travelling further afield to take in the beauty of Cork :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Charlesfort is worth a visit. Maybe not if you're on your own (unless you are interested in the historical aspect)

For food, if you are into steak, Jim Edwards in Kinsale main square puts on a fabulous spread - well they did a few years ago anyway.

The weather is quite nice at the moment so it might be worth your while giving a spin to Clonakilty and having a nice walk on Inchadoheny beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

For a nice walk I would nip over to James Fort. Loverly walk and there is also a geocahce there if you have kids or like that sort of thing..

The ghost walk is great fun aswell, it goes from the Tap Tavern cozy spot for a drink..

And if you like a cheese be sure and find the cheese shop that sells guniness cheese I can try and find the name if you like, they have really unusual ones there chocolate and so on..

Advertisement