Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Sports College

Options
  • 13-02-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Anyone have the inside track on the National Sports College that has now got planning permission on the old Unifi site?

I'd heard of this before xmas and assumed it was just another pie in the sky idea that gets floated every so often, gets batted around council meetings with everyone seconding and thirding it, and then disappears when the financial realities hit home.

One of the papers this week reported that it had achieved planning permission. It's not obvious if any element of this will be publicly funded - either directly or indirectly through being an official CAO attributed college.

The ownership seems convoluted, with the site being leased to the proposed college.

I see no reason why something like this can't work, it's just with planning in Donegal you're always questioning what the angle is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I have heard this has all gone pear shaped with the convoluted ownership arrangements a significant factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Can't say I ever heard about it, this is the only mention I can find in the media from 6 months ago

http://www.letterkennypost.com/2011/10/20/major-sports-college-plans/

Wasn't there supposed to be a private hospital built on that site a few years back? Seem to remember the sod-turning ceremony and everything going ahead but as usual nothing came of it

Advertisement