Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halti head coller or harness

• 13-02-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi im looking into getting one of either of these for my boxer. Im not sure whether a halti headcollar would suit him as he has a small nose. Has anybody any experience with these on a boxer or another small nosed breed dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Fea.

A friend of mine has two boxers, he couldnt take them both for a walk at the same time as they dragged him from one end of the estate to the other and were a nightmare to take out. He got halties for both of them, they fit and worked perfectly ! They are now all out walking and not one arm jerk or trip up. He swears by them.

Hope that helps xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

A friend of mine has a head collar on her boxer, I'll find out which one. The thing about harnesses is they encourage pulling unless they're very specific front fastening type harnesses. The general run of the mill harness the pet shops will sell you to stop dogs pulling will make no diffenence and possibly make the problem worse. They're just encouraged to put their weight into the harness and go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Either a front harness & get a trainer in! Chucked my Halti in the bin the other day for good:)

Advertisement