Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyelash Extensions

• 13-02-2012 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever gotten them done? If so were you happy with the results?
    A friend of mine got them done and I think they look amazing, but I would worry that they could mess with your own eyelashes in the long term and I'm a little bit sketchy of anything near the eye area just in case of allergic reaction.
    Can anyone give any feedback of their experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

JustCoz wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gotten them done? If so were you happy with the results?
    A friend of mine got them done and I think they look amazing, but I would worry that they could mess with your own eyelashes in the long term and I'm a little bit sketchy of anything near the eye area just in case of allergic reaction.
    Can anyone give any feedback of their experience?

Got them down twice in different places but didnt like them. I found them a bit too stiff and bristly if you know what I mean. That's fine if it's only for a night like falsies but you're stuck with them for a while.

When one or two fall out after a few days, they kind of look a bit patchy or odd cause they are quite dramatic on the rest of your eyes. Also, sometimes they do this kind of crossing over the other lashes thing that looks a bit off. When I attempted to remove the offending 'crossed' lash, it pulled out about 4-5 of my own lashes and was really sore. I would defo recommend getting them removed by a therapist or you will have little bald patches along your lash line.

They are fine to get put on though and I'd say if you can wear normal false lashes, your eyes wouldn't be too sensitive as its very similar process. Personally, I don't see much benefit of them over normal falsies especially if you can apply your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Yeah that's what I would worry about that your own would fall out with them. I've worn falsies a few times but I am rubbish at putting them so I thought this might be a good alternative, but I might have to give it some more thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

JustCoz wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I would worry about that your own would fall out with them. I've worn falsies a few times but I am rubbish at putting them so I thought this might be a good alternative, but I might have to give it some more thought!

I got novalash done 18 months ago and I had never worn falsh lashes before! Have to say I didn't like feel of them at night time! If you wear eye make up you have to be careful when removing it as every time you rub your eyes or use eye make up remover you will weaken the bond! The girl who does my nails did them and they looked great. She has hers done all the time and uses a special mascara, they look fab.I didn't lose any of my own lashes after it! Although they aren't for me I do recommend them and a lot of friends have gotten them done and they love them :)

Millem wrote: »
    I got novalash done 18 months ago and I had never worn falsh lashes before! Have to say I didn't like feel of them at night time! If you wear eye make up you have to be careful when removing it as every time you rub your eyes or use eye make up remover you will weaken the bond! The girl who does my nails did them and they looked great. She has hers done all the time and uses a special mascara, they look fab.I didn't lose any of my own lashes after it! Although they aren't for me I do recommend them and a lot of friends have gotten them done and they love them :)

Ooh great, thanks for the recommendation, I will have to check them out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

I started to get these done about two years ago. They can get really addictive as when they fall out, your own eyelashes look kinda bare. As others above have said, they have a synthetic feel to them and if you wear eye makeup, you must be careful with taking it off. A water based remover must always be used or the oil will pull them out.
    I had a bad experience a couple of months ago with a salon in Dublin city centre that basically clumped all of the extensions in bunches (as opposed to one faux lash per natural lash) and a lot of my natural eyelashes were damaged. It has put me off getting regular extensions. I would recommend castor oil to recondition your own eyelashes after your extensions come out. It can be bought in health food stores.
    In short, I would say extensions are really best suited to special occasions (weddings, a holidaye tc). They look great when you get them in and beat the strip lashes hands down, but they must damage your own eyelashes in some form.
    Good luck!

• Advertisement

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    I started to get these done about two years ago. They can get really addictive as when they fall out, your own eyelashes look kinda bare. As others above have said, they have a synthetic feel to them and if you wear eye makeup, you must be careful with taking it off. A water based remover must always be used or the oil will pull them out.
    I had a bad experience a couple of months ago with a salon in Dublin city centre that basically clumped all of the extensions in bunches (as opposed to one faux lash per natural lash) and a lot of my natural eyelashes were damaged. It has put me off getting regular extensions. I would recommend castor oil to recondition your own eyelashes after your extensions come out. It can be bought in health food stores.
    In short, I would say extensions are really best suited to special occasions (weddings, a holidaye tc). They look great when you get them in and beat the strip lashes hands down, but they must damage your own eyelashes in some form.
    Good luck!

Oh no that's terrible, can you say where that was? Or PM it to me? I was looking at a couple of places in Dublin city centre so it would be good to know where to avoid!
    Yeah I can imagine it would be a bit addictive. I have a few weddings coming up in a row so I thouight it would be nice to have them done for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

had them done for the first time about 2 years ago by a girl who works from home near the osprey hotel, she's a professional makeup artist and did an amazing job, at the time the price was €80. They lasted about 2 months I was amazed! I still have her card in my wallet, the website address is lashextensions.ie I hope she's still in business!

like a previous poster said they do come off a bit odd but it's to be expected, I found I was able to remove them without pulling out my own, you just need to be gentle. Yes they do cross over but if you own a makeup brush set use a brush to seperate them.

Had some applied today with a groupon deal I had purchased a few months ago, in Vivid Salon in Deans st. When I first arrived I was a little bit apprehensive, it's not a typical salon you would expect, it could do with a major revamp to be honest. The staff there were lovely tho and the woman applying the eyelashes was very quick and she did a great job, she said she had 5 yrs experience and took 35 mins applying the extensions. Hopefully they last as long as last time I had them done! :)

Advertisement