Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POD Complex has Closed - (Tripod & Crawdaddy)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Damn it hat is sad, was at some great gigs there since it opened, had a great sound system, we need more live venues not clubs.

i wouldn't say venues in the plural, i think just a GOOD 5/6,000 venue would be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sad times.

Tripod as a live venue didn't get used enough, seen a few bands there and it was great each time.

Crawdaddy / POD was a great venue, great times as a live venue / club.

Apparently the complex is being turned into a huge girlo club, ala Wright Venue. Which is obviously going to be awful.

If this is what's coming it has the potential to be great or horrendous; there won't be a mid-way point. We don't have anything to rival the MoS or similar here in Dublin and this is our one chance at it.

When a big name (Oakenfold, Sanchez) is on at the Wright Venue the standard of music is usually good from the start.

However on regular nights I've been astonished to hear Black Box and Snap at 1 a.m. in the main room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd rather it became another Coppers than turned into MoS Dublin with cheesy past-it djs like Oakenfold and Sanchez tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BANQUET - BUTTON FACTORY INDIE SATURDAYS

Banquet will now be on every Saturday night in the Button Factory.

Dublin's best indie night gets a new home, and we're launching this Saturday night.

Still doing drinks promos, still doing free before 11:30pm, and still playing the best indie tunes every Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

really depends what direction the new venue will go, theres room for a Sankeys/MoS/Pacha type club in the city centre....(know its not everyones cup of tea) but still have button factory/twisted pepper.

Just hope its not another coppers/diceys/dandelion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i like banquet but hussle is much better and gets the button factory busy on saturday !!!

wonder whats guna happen to hussle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Housewerk and Provider have moved to the Grand Social which should be good, the house music would really suit that upstairs loft room I think! Dunno if it would suit Hussle though, and I can't think of another 700 or so capacity venue like the Button Factory in Dublin that Hussle could just move to.
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Olympia is 1,200 as a Standing venue and 850 or so all seated
    Think you're wrong, everything google has to offer says 1,300 seated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

http://www.olympia.ie/venue-info/venue-rental/
    The venue is unique in that we can host both fully seated theatre shows, and can remove the seating from the Stalls area for standing shows. Capacity for fully seated shows is 1,240 approx and for partially standing/partially seated shows the capacity is 1,620 approx.

Jello wrote: »
    Housewerk and Provider have moved to the Grand Social which should be good, the house music would really suit that upstairs loft room I think! Dunno if it would suit Hussle though, and I can't think of another 700 or so capacity venue like the Button Factory in Dublin that Hussle could just move to.

Does the Academy have anything on saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Does the Academy have anything on saturdays?

Yeah. Propaganda.

• Advertisement

honru wrote: »
    Yeah. Propaganda.

Ah right wasn't sure if it was friday or saturday Propaganda was on

id love to know where they're gun a have hussle ,was a gud night, and got a good crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was told the people who own Flannerys are taking this over and turning it into one big club. Whether its true or will happen remains to be seen.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Was in Lafayette last night but moving to a new home.

--

Article in the Irish Times about the complex closing / Dublin night life http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2012/0218/1224311952256.html?fb_ref=.T0EQxi7W0ZN.like&fb_source=home_oneline

i was only saying to the lads there , how in the name of whitney hueston ,did they manage to get lafayette :S total random place to have a night from the emerge crew:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why doesnt POD just use one of the marquees from the Electric Picnic, such as the Little Big Tent and set it up in Dublin city centre, that would be about same capacity as the Tripod. It could be like Dublins Marquee, like the one in Cork.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Anyone got an update on what's happening to the complex?

Drove by there tonight, and couldn't help but reminisce on some good times there over the past 15 years.

Seems a waste to have it just sitting there empty and unused. Surely the Pod and Crawdaddy would still be great venues for promoters?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

daRobot wrote: »
    Anyone got an update on what's happening to the complex?

Drove by there tonight, and couldn't help but reminisce on some good times there over the past 15 years.

Seems a waste to have it just sitting there empty and unused. Surely the Pod and Crawdaddy would still be great venues for promoters?

Why? There's plenty of other venues that are out there and even they aint opening every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

scudzilla wrote: »
    Why? There's plenty of other venues that are out there and even they aint opening every day.

It had a lot going for it over other clubs in town, - size, spacious smoking/outdoor area, location, transport (luas right outside, taxi rank very close by), great sound system, nice bouncers, near zaytoon , etc

Could never understand why the masses flocked to coppers every night with tripod and odeon so close by . Marketing I guess.

i miss crawdaddy, the many a nights i had there where great . bettter than any other place iv ever been in dublin and there are many of places to match it :D:D

Advertisement