Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag packing

Options
  • 13-02-2012 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi i want to organise some bagpacking in my local supermarket. How do i go about setting that up?

I've also heard that the supermarkets are not keen on letting individuals bagpack. I'm raising money to volunteer in China so the money is for charity. I am also going with Project Trust - a registered charity - so do i count as an individual or someone raising money for a charity?

Thanks
    Anya

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You'll find very few supermarkets are willing to let you fundraise for that kind of trip. Dunnes and some SuperValu stores have put a total ban on anything that raises money for overseas, it has to be for the local community.

That said, it's worth a shot. Just make out a letter for the manager about why you would like to fundraise, go into the store and have a chat with them.

Advertisement