Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishmen second ugliest in the world

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Perhaps good looking people here don't need to resort to pretentious websites to find dates.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Seachmall wrote: »
    Perhaps good looking people here don't need to resort to pretentious websites to find dates.

Just a thought.

Don't be so feckin stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

So Irish people who resort to the interweb to find a date are too lazy to put effort into a nice pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

We had this before. But we were joint top with the Polish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

At least we're #1 at something

C'mon the lads!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Why do you think the women drink so much here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Lucky my girlfriend is blind.:rolleyes:(I realise the irony of a roll eyes emoticon)

And I do not feel a Los Angeles based dating site is the definitive authority on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Where do Irish women rank?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

realies wrote: »
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=irish%20men%20-%20ugliest%20in%20europe%20 irish%20independent&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.ie%2Fnational-news%2Firish-men-bottom-of-beauty-league-3017444.html&ei=eBA5T7HSBonRhAekmtDoAQ&usg=AFQjCNE57pYR4tsc6c_WU0P0wPgNLZug_A

Monday Feb 13 2012

AN INTERNATIONAL dating website for beautiful people has ranked Irish men as the second ugliest in the world.

More than nine out of 10 Irish fellas who apply to upload their profiles beautifulpeople.com are rejected, according to the website's latest statistics.
    Men from the Republic are slightly better looking than our counterparts in the North, who the Los Angeles-based site's chiefs rate as the world's ugliest.
    Only 6pc of male applicants from the North make it on to the elite dating site, compared with 65pc of Swedish men.
    Before an applicant can upload their profile, members of the opposite sex vet their appearance. Greg Hodge, who runs the website, believes the photos let the Irish fellas down.
    He said: "Often it's a photo of them inside the pub with a pint, whereas a Brazilian man will go to great efforts and make sure he looks tanned and toned

Well obviously they haven't seen the pics here of our bordsies :) On another upside we are all better looking than our Northern brethren :D Eat your heart out KeithAFc ;):)

Isnt this seriously old news, I know I have seen this before somewhere a long time ago. Hardly surprising, we Irish hardly fall into the attractive category, either male or female. Of course there are attractve people in Ireland but as an average we are well behind most countries.

"Often it's a photo of them inside the pub with a pint, whereas a Brazilian man will go to great efforts and make sure he looks tanned and toned."
    Because Brazilian men have to go to soooo much effort to look tanned :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

C'mon the lads!!!!

Ya fact, nice 1!
    Jesus if thats the case I'm not looking forward 2 what they have 2 say about Irish women :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

smash wrote: »
    Irish women rank

Ah now thats a bit harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The beautifulpeople.com site crashed when I tried to upload my photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Seachmall wrote: »

Just a thought.

I posted Seachmalls's picture on that site and it got rejected. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Werent we the sexiest men in a similar poll a couple of years ago?

I guess the only difference between a few years ago and this year is that we are no longer rich, we are broke as hell.

Women are such shallow hussies :P

Weird, I uploaded a picture of my arse and got accepted:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Hazys wrote: »
    I guess the only difference between a few years ago and this year is that we are no longer rich, we are broke as hell.

And all the Polish are gone home. That made the whole country a lot uglier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

"Often it's a photo of them inside the pub with a pint, whereas a Brazilian man will go to great efforts and make sure he looks tanned and toned."
    Because Brazilian men have to go to soooo much effort to look tanned :pac:

A lot do. If you're light skinned from a race that is typically dark skinned you can show up really white in photos. Especially when using a flash. Happened my sister a lot and some of my cousins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

I did it for the laugh one night, uploaded a photo of my dog which is a labrador. They said he was a bit ruff!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 caramel0

God only knows what the people on that website consider beautiful. I think Irish men are very handsome, manly in my opinion. I am from Estonia and I wouldn't date any Estonian fellas (sorry all Estonians).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Irishwomen are probably at the opposite scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Pugfugly and proud!!

They thought it was your face...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

cheeky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Actual, it was we had the sexiest accent:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/6490202/Irish-accent-beats-French-as-worlds-sexiest.html

We're as ugly as a sack of arseholes but at least we can charm the ladies into bed...

"Cmon ta fcuk, and give us da ride, will ya?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

According to a recent poll we have the sexiest accent in the world though.

Looks like phone sex lines shall be the basis industry of the next boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Usually in the gee area if they've not washed for a few days!!!

Fook it lads we can't even win at being ugly. Better pack it in now*.

*That's what she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Fairly high I'd imagine, we have some beautiful women in this country.
    The beautifulpeople.com site crashed when I tried to upload my photo

I'd say that's the site that rated Irish men as ugly, it trolls to get PR. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Ah, load of shite. I love Irish men, they're the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Ah, load of shite. I love Irish men, they're the best.

That's the spirit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

So looking like some feminised poofter with your fake tan and make up makes you more attractive, while somebody relaxed in a normal setting is classed as ugly. The users of that site don't sound like the kind of people I'd give the steam off my piss to let alone the time of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

C'mon the lads!!!!

Your commendable upbeat attitude aside, in fact we are not. We are second at being ugly if you read the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'd say that's the site that rated Irish men as ugly, it trolls to get PR. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
    Pretty much.
    British people among world's ugliest, according to BeautifulPeople.com

Fewer than one in eight British men (12 per cent) and just three in 20 women (15 per cent) who have applied to BeautifulPeople.com have been accepted as members.

Existing members of the website rate how attractive potential members are over a 48 hour provisional period, when applicants upload a recent photograph and a short personal profile.

They are rated by members of the opposite sex, who have four options to describe how attractive they think the hopeful is - 'Yes definitely', 'Hmmm yes, OK', 'Hmmm no, not really' and 'NO definitely NOT'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ah that site again. There would have to be a huge number of genuine sign-ups from Ireland to balance out the thousands that I know of people putting their mates up in unfortunate poses. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Ther was obviously no donegal people on the site:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sucks to be yous :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

WindSock wrote: »
    Sucks to be yous :cool:

Meh, I don't have to look at me all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I'd like to see a website rating "soundest" men.
    Irish men definitley #1.

Have you ever spoken to a Swedish person? They have yet to discover a sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I think anyone who can tell complete strangers that they're ugly are shallow morons who I'd get bored of talking to after about ten seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 elasticspastic

realies wrote: »
    AN INTERNATIONAL dating website for beautiful people has ranked Irish men as the second ugliest in the world.
    He said: "Often it's a photo of them inside the pub with a pint...

Maybe the lads that are trying to join this site would have more luck if they stopped applying with the same drunken group-photo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

Irish man are unique :rolleyes: , cute, with great sense of humor.. maybe some are not beautiful, but in general very interesting and charming. :p

The founders of that site look like your average GAA player as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Jesus. Generalizing an entire population is utter bullsh!t, in any respect.

Even Americans know that and they're dumb as fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

I always found my nationality a bonus tbh when abroad. Maybe the novelty has worn off.
    Maybe its because we are acting and sounding less Irish.
    We should go back to the Arran jumpers, priest fearing, wife beatin' ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Einhard wrote: »

I tried to upload keiths and all I got back was a message saying "No!Never!No!"

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭cosanostra

In other news beautifulpeople.com has seen a massive upsurge in Irish traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

It is true but on average we are misshapen with diy heads beaten together with the ugly stick. But if i ever left these shores the average looks would ever sink lower.

Einhard wrote: »

I received an email from them earlier.

"Due to your unfathomable good looks it appears others are using pictures of you in an attempt to get accepted into our exclusive community. As a result we must reject any new applicants who look like you.

This should not affect your experience while using our website as you are already a recognized Platinum member with a 100% rating (the highest in BeautifulPeople.com's history). Your penis has also received simultaneous ratings of "Wow" and "Tasty".

That last point was irrelevant but we feel it deserves mention.
    "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It probably just means that very few Irish men have to resort to using that particular website to get a date and the few that do, aren't exactly easy on the eye :)

Also, a lot of Irish people have a tendency to sign-up for stuff 'for the laugh'.
    I would suspect there are probably a few accounts from this country where the guy uploaded really ugly photos, just to spite them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement