Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishmen second ugliest in the world

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

that's a funny statistic because I would have rated that website the ****test in the world

and besides where are us really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good looking people going to go for a date

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

All Irish men are beautiful in their own way.

Even Johnny 'spits' O'Conner who lived down the road from me when I was younger. He used to drink out of puddles and speak into his hand as if it was a walkie-talkie. Last I heard, he was in prison for exposing himself to a schoolbus full of girls from the local secondary.

Anyway, yeah, even he has a certain beauty. So, like, eff off, whoever did that study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I was talking to a bunch of American girls the other night and was shocked to hear them say that they don't think Irish men are good looking at all!

I think there are some really hot Irish guys out there and the Irish accent is one of the sexiest in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

"You are now an applicant for 47h 58m 30s" - Lets see if im in that pansy boy 10%! Mon ladies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

In my humble opinion, we might not be the best looking nation in the world but when you come across a good-looking irish man or woman, they're exceptional.

Best looking man I ever went out with by far was Irish and I only date hotties. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A charming "study" - by morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Is it wrong that I'm seriously tempted to submit my photo.....just to know...get some objective measure of my hotness or indeed notness...........does this make me a shallow person of little substance

could my rampant insecurity handle the rejection should the beautiful people reject me into a netherworld of shadow and pain to live out my life knowing finally how unattractive I am.

sigh......I wish I was an archetypal swedish man sometimes...they dont have to deal with this sh1t + they have nothing but victoria silvstedt lookalikes frolicking around in bikinis even in the middle of winter to choose from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Even Johnny 'spits' O'Conner who lived down the road from me when I was younger. He used to drink out of puddles and speak into his hand as if it was a walkie-talkie.

aaah...knew him well....puddles were hard enough to find on a fine day and that thirsty bolox never left a drop for the rest of us

little known fact that he was also an excellent bellydancer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Meh. I'm Dutch. With Italian great grandparents.
    A mongrel in fact. Sure I'm beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Eve_Dublin wrote: »

Best looking man I ever went out with by far was Irish and I only date hotties. Fact.*

*May not be fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

*May not be fact.

It's a fact because I put fact after it. Fact*

*Fact...okay? :mad:

Oh and I remember the site being mentioned on telly once, beautifulpeople.com that is, and lots of people said they tried to upload profiles and were refused coz they weren't pretty enough. :pac:
    Wtf? Should be called masterrace.com or something. stepfordsoulmates.com.
    plastic-people-r-us.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

So this is why I'm always accused of being a fore'dner :D bring it!! .. no wait that was because of the ever so slightly sun resistant skin. price of living in the pale

Also, why do I almost exclusively scope out foreign chicks hmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

This thread can now be closed, as I've now submitted my photo and thereby corrected the imbalance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I blame Marty Morrissey. He brings all the rest of us down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Ther was obviously no donegal people on the site:p

And with good reason. That level of ugly would need a whole new grading system.

Ewwww

*pukes*

DEAR GOD.

WTF????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

If they're such "beautiful people", surely they don't need to go online to get a ride?

Off topic a bit, but I'm watching Knowing atm, and why do people find Nicholas Cage so attractive? His face is like a saggy @ss in Ghost Rider 2

Holy f#ck that looks like a puppet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    If they're such "beautiful people", surely they don't need to go online to get a ride?

Off topic a bit, but I'm watching Knowing atm, and why do people find Nicholas Cage so attractive? His face is like a saggy @ss in Ghost Rider 2

btw i agree nothin attractive about that guy! And on topic.....the irish aren't so bad the roughest lookin are well hidden haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

That's not a true - look at the printscreen from their page.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/414001/192665.jpg

• Advertisement

looks like he really did have his face-off n sown back on

kinda old now anyhow. in Wild at Heart he had quirky appeal.. but maybe that's just the nature of the directors output

Weird, I uploaded a picture of my arse and got accepted:confused:
    Doesn't say much for your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Sindri wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Lucky my girlfriend is blind.rolleyes.gif(I realise the irony of a roll eyes emoticon)

Bravo!
    Hazys wrote: »
    We're as ugly as a sack of arseholes but at least we can charm the ladies into bed...

"Cmon ta fcuk, and give us da ride, will ya?"

Superb!
    smash wrote: »
    Where do Irish women rank?
    kfallon wrote: »
    Usually in the gee area if they've not washed for a few days!!!

10/10
    :D

I love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cookies.

I wouldn't have a man of any other nationality but Irish. Think I'm racist.

*Fact...okay? :mad:

Facts are those things Democrats use to scare Republicans right?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cookies.

Hahahaha :-) poor Marty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Johro wrote: »
    Meh. I'm Dutch. With Italian great grandparents.
    A mongrel in fact. Sure I'm beautiful.

You might be beautiful but you can't ride a scooter for shìte!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Blasphemy.

500full.jpg

I defy you womanfolk not to be frothing at the vajazzle at the above photo! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Who actually cares?

Irish men are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I'd agree with whoever said that Irish men may not be the best looking but when you do get a good looking one they are gorgeous-Aidan Turner, Michael Fassbender, Colin Farrell.

Obesity and alcohol ruin Irish guys looks. At least they're better looking than Polish guys though...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

*Fact...okay? :mad:*

*May contain traces of absolute bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

That could account for 90% of our ugly right there. Poor chap. No-one deserves a face like that.

suspected this ever since the french tagged us ogres. I see the north came first! Must be all that inbreeding w/ the brits. Or without, as the case may be and you can take it our sisters fare no better but I am naturally enough determined to land as far away from that as possible anyhow. so no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Right, ok, I've made a very quick 'Beauty Index' which should clear up any confusion vis-à-vis ugly men in Ireland:

Gay Byrne: 0
    Marty Whelan: +1
    Marty Morrisey: -2
    Ronan Keating: +1
    Brendan Kilkenny: -2
    Pat Kenny: 0
    Ryan Tubridy: -1
    Pat Ingoldsby: 0
    Shirley Templebar: +2
    Denis Irwin: +1
    That gay hurler who plays for Cork: +1

That gives a grand total of +1 on my NASA-endorsed 'Beauty Index'. How does that compare to other countries? Don't know to be honest.

I was talking to a bunch of American girls the other night and was shocked to hear them say that they don't think Irish men are good looking at all!

I think there are some really hot Irish guys out there and the Irish accent is one of the sexiest in the world.

Dunno, I'd say lots of American girlies like Irish men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

On a scale of 1-Marty Morrissey how ugly are you? :D

Irish men are real men! Dont care how deformed we are. I can charm any nationality into bed with just 5 words, PM me if you want to know the words but have your credit card details at the ready as good advice isnt free these days!

Maybe these are Fugly American men who say they are Irish when registering to try and sound "Exotic".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Apart from all the Irish boardie beautiful wlmmins. I would not say irish women would rank to highly either.

The best looking women in Dublin are those foreigners. It must be all the swan in their diet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

realies wrote: »
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=irish%20men%20-%20ugliest%20in%20europe%20 irish%20independent&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.ie%2Fnational-news%2Firish-men-bottom-of-beauty-league-3017444.html&ei=eBA5T7HSBonRhAekmtDoAQ&usg=AFQjCNE57pYR4tsc6c_WU0P0wPgNLZug_A

Monday Feb 13 2012

AN INTERNATIONAL dating website for beautiful people has ranked Irish men as the second ugliest in the world.

More than nine out of 10 Irish fellas who apply to upload their profiles beautifulpeople.com are rejected, according to the website's latest statistics.
    Men from the Republic are slightly better looking than our counterparts in the North, who the Los Angeles-based site's chiefs rate as the world's ugliest.
    Only 6pc of male applicants from the North make it on to the elite dating site, compared with 65pc of Swedish men.
    Before an applicant can upload their profile, members of the opposite sex vet their appearance. Greg Hodge, who runs the website, believes the photos let the Irish fellas down.
    He said: "Often it's a photo of them inside the pub with a pint, whereas a Brazilian man will go to great efforts and make sure he looks tanned and toned

Well obviously they haven't seen the pics here of our bordsies :) On another upside we are all better looking than our Northern brethren :D Eat your heart out KeithAFc ;):)

what a load of ballix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Seachmall wrote: »
    The founders of that site look like your average GAA player as well.

No offense to our hunky masculine Irish homosexuals, but those two galoots look like the gheyest, most feminine metrosexuals ever.

I'd say lots of American girlies like Irish men.

They like any men. And women. Generally, no inhibitions as the ultimate democracy but with irish; there is a revolt against the old fashioned done to death formula which may already be majority!! They now prefer english.. anyhow people can see for emselves as the truth is now easily obtainable and out there.

Btw, you can remove the 'second' from tread title as nordies came first... so we came first AND second. heh.

44leto wrote: »
    Apart from all the Irish boardie beautiful wlmmins. I would not say irish women would rank to highly either.

Probably not, but hasn't the "Irish women are fug" thing been done to death around here? It's the lads turn now! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

No offense to our hunky masculine Irish homosexuals, but those two galoots look like the gheyest, most feminine metrosexuals ever.

Plus one of them is making the mistake of crossing his arms in a suit...which always looks ****ing retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    That's not a true - look at the printscreen from their page.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/414001/192665.jpg

How come 'Conor' is a burd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sindri wrote: »
    They thought it was your face...:D
    ..well that's kinda what I was getting at there, yea! :p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Johro wrote: »
    Doesn't say much for your face.
    erm, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Someone remarked if foreign people ever saw an Irish parliament session on TV they would think we are a very ugly race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

worded wrote: »
    Someone remarked if foreign people ever saw an Irish parliament session on TV they would think we are a very ugly race.

If Irish people ever saw an average McDonalds in America we would think they were all a pod of whales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

it shouldnt be a site for beautiful people, it should be a site for photogenic people, one does not equal the other!

Intrigued by this thread, i have uploaded my photo. Apparently members of the opposite $ex are voting to see if i'm let in the club. The existing members dont look that beautiful to me TBH.

I had a browse through however and most of the people are early 20s. I think (could be wrong) that irish people generally settle down older than other countries (probably a knock on from the no-divorce until recent years) so there may be a higher average agegroup of irish blokes uploading pictures.

The site manager is right though - irish blokes do lash up the MOST ridiculous photos onto dating websites, absolutely b*ll*cksed drunk giving the camera the finger etc. It makes sense to us (barbarians) but the photos get voted on internationally.

I dont agree that statistic is a true indicator of where Irish men rank in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Seachmall wrote: »
    Perhaps good looking people here don't need to resort to pretentious websites to find dates.

Just a thought.

Or maybe we were looking for a date we'd prefer to find someone fun and down-to-earth instead of someone so up themselves as to consider themselves one of the "beautiful people" ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement