Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishmen second ugliest in the world

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Seachmall wrote: »
    Perhaps good looking people here don't need to resort to pretentious websites to find dates.

Just a thought.

Or maybe we were looking for a date we'd prefer to find someone fun and down-to-earth instead of someone so up themselves as to consider themselves one of the "beautiful people" ?

I don't know what is so awful about anyone considering themselves goodlooking and also admitting that good looks is an important trait in a potential partner.

I couldn't really give a damn about looks but I consistently get the impression I'm in the minority.

Also if someone gets a lot of attention for their looks the likelihood is they aRe goodlooking, they may as well enjoy it while they've still got it, I don't think they need to be called up themselves.

Anyway as I said I don't think the blokes on the site are particularly goodlooking, I think it's the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

realies wrote: »
    Men from the Republic are slightly better looking than our counterparts in the North
    Aha I was wondering why the usual suspects hadn't lurched in spouting the anti-Irish rhetoric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Katgurl wrote: »
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Seachmall wrote: »
    Perhaps good looking people here don't need to resort to pretentious websites to find dates.

Just a thought.

Or maybe we were looking for a date we'd prefer to find someone fun and down-to-earth instead of someone so up themselves as to consider themselves one of the "beautiful people" ?

I don't know what is so awful about anyone considering themselves goodlooking and also admitting that good looks is an important trait in a potential partner.

I couldn't really give a damn about looks but I consistently get the impression I'm in the minority.

Also if someone gets a lot of attention for their looks the likelihood is they aRe goodlooking, they may as well enjoy it while they've still got it, I don't think they need to be called up themselves.

Anyway as I said I don't think the blokes on the site are particularly goodlooking, I think it's the photos.

No issues in general with it, but the phrase "beautiful people" has a connotation all of its own - the Beckhams, etc, of this world - style over substance and intelligence.

Actual beautiful people include those with modesty and restraint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

Gandalph wrote: »
    On a scale of 1-Marty Morrissey how ugly are you? :D

Irish men are real men! Dont care how deformed we are. I can charm any nationality into bed with just 5 words, PM me if you want to know the words but have your credit card details at the ready as good advice isnt free these days!

Are you sure you're Irish ?

You sound African to me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Could be some truth in it am under he illusion I am better looking than I actually am

actually... yep.. yep, I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    That's not a true - look at the printscreen from their page.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/414001/192665.jpg

How come 'Conor' is a burd?

The clue is in the name : "Con-or......."

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PeterB11

worded wrote: »
    Someone remarked if foreign people ever saw an Irish parliament session on TV they would think we are a very ugly race.

And if anyone watched jeremy kyle, well, you know where that's going...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

We need more sex with beautiful Foreign women (or men if your female) to achieve a good looking race. Worked for the americans (with their daily dose hormones added).

Advertisement