Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads in Carlow Town

Options
  • 13-02-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or are a lot of the roads around the town absolutely wrecked?

Take Castle St, Burrin St or out in Graigue heading out towards Crosneen for example. They've been patched up so much at this stage it'd be better driving on cobblestones!

I know extensive work has been carried out in these areas recently enough but surely there comes a point where a complete resurfacing is required. So what do people think? Is it a an issue of not enough funds? Are there bigger priorities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Green Lane is also shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Schism wrote: »
    Is it just me or are a lot of the roads around the town absolutely wrecked?

Take Castle St, Burrin St or out in Graigue heading out towards Crosneen for example. They've been patched up so much at this stage it'd be better driving on cobblestones!

I know extensive work has been carried out in these areas recently enough but surely there comes a point where a complete resurfacing is required. So what do people think? Is it a an issue of not enough funds? Are there bigger priorities?
    Afaik it is up to the contractors to leave the road as they found it but it would be up to the council to uphold this with court action, something they appear to not want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Afaik it is up to the contractors to leave the road as they found it but it would be up to the council to uphold this with court action, something they appear to not want to do?

But in many cases they've found it in an awful state to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

lol ya nearly need a landrover just to drive around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Yeah was down that way on Saturday and it was brutal, it's nearly at the stage that the complete town needs a resurfacing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Has a complete re-surfacing been budgeted in the €17 million?

If not, why wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Most of the roads that are wrecked now are going to be resurfaced soon, apparently the council wanted the services esb/cable/gas etc to carry out any upgrades and then they'd put a permanent surface down. Kilkenny Road and the Athy Road are examples, Brownshill Rd. is next for a proper resurface afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

the stretch from st leos to the hospital entrance would give the moons surface a bad name. Its a shocking stretch of road .

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

I am surprised to read this because so many of the elected Councillors are obvious experts on roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

TheZohan wrote: »
    Most of the roads that are wrecked now are going to be resurfaced soon, apparently the council wanted the services esb/cable/gas etc to carry out any upgrades and then they'd put a permanent surface down. Kilkenny Road and the Athy Road are examples, Brownshill Rd. is next for a proper resurface afaik.

So when are these council clowns going to resurface the green lane? I would think this far more important than Brownshill road or the Athy road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So when are these council clowns going to resurface the green lane? I would think this far more important than Brownshill road or the Athy road.

there is still more work to be done on green lane afiak

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

PaulKK wrote: »
    Green Lane is also shocking.

I came down Green Lane tonight for they first time in months and I could no believe the STATE of that road.

I was in Aus for awhile and if contractors left roads or streets like they are left around Carlow Town and County the would get the run and not get any other work.
    The councils are too soft with these contractors.

Advertisement