Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrading Tariff on Meteor within Contract

Options
  • 13-02-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am 12months into an 18month contract with Meteor at €50 p/m. I called into a store last month and asked if I could downgrade as I am unemployed at the moment and don't even use anywhere near the amount of minutes, texts and data I have on my plan. I was told it would be no problem once I hit the 12month mark on plan.

Saturday was the 12 month mark so I rang today and was told no way could I downgrade my tariff at any period. Is this really true? especially these days, can they insist upon this? I've searched it and it appears that some people do get downgrades- what are the magic words?!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

Your best approach will be via the store (store manager) as they misinformed you that it was possible to downgrade before your 18 months were up.

The stores and costumer care separate themselves from each other as much as possible so you might not get much help from costumer care but that depends on who you get on the phone.

The store will tell you to call costumer care and costumer care will say it was not them who misinformed you and to talk to the store as they need permission to downgrade a plan and they can only do this if the store confirms they misinformed you via a note on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

Thanks, got the issue resolved via twitter thankfully!

Advertisement