Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle v Brigids

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

With respect to the rules of boards, i must also agree that the poster is a twat. We cant all be wrong.

Ban if you like, the fact remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

finky1 wrote: »
    if rory o connell came out of retirement garrycastle would win but with out him no chance. icon10.gif

If Rory O'Connell came out of retiremnent I doubt very much he'd be playing for Garrycastle!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

With respect to the rules of boards, i must also agree that the poster is a twat. We cant all be wrong.

Ban if you like, the fact remains.

It's not a matter of who is wrong or right , It's just my opinion , It's like an arsehole - Everyone's got one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    If Rory O'Connell came out of retiremnent I doubt very much he'd be playing for Garrycastle!!!
    oh sorry i think he played with athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 16 faganface

if rory o connell came out of retirement garrycastle would win but with out him no chance. he was reason westmeath won leinster never bottled it on the field a true allstar icon10.gif
    We wouldnt want rory o'connell as hes a former athlone player :D a good player in his day though! but if were set anywhere its midfield a great fielder in David shaughnessy and a great ball distrivbuter in Seánie Donoghue with two good young midfielders on the bench! :p Btw rory o'connel was suspended from the first game of that championship campaign and he only returned for the final, and we bet dublin on the way!

• Advertisement

so st ciarans is the name of your team now not garrycastle rememeber st ciarans is also the name of athlone gaa pitch
    No we have two championships in westmeath, the ''premier championship'' which is where many teams are amalgamated with neighbours which is what we won, a prestigous cup, and the divison championships 1,2,3 in which we, (garrycastle minor) were beatin by eventual winners lomans in the quarters of division 1! :)

galait wrote: »
    Garrycastle have no experience and the Dolan's have always choked on the biggest Stage - That stage being Croke Park

Remember one of them the missing a crucial 21yd Free Against Meath - Dead Straight in front of the Goals,

Also the winning of the 2004 Lenister Championship Final Replay against Laois came as a direct result of a Dolan being substituted mid way throught the First Half.

BTW Garrycastle were in existence long before 1984

haha its just getting funny now to see what you have to say! you dont make any valid points, half of your facts are wrong , you clearly dont know anything about the subject so why are you here!

Dessie Dolan won an allstar in 2004, pat spillane said on the highlights of the crossmaglen match that ''dessie dolan is the best player never to win and all ireland''.
    Garrycastle were formed in 1981! Now hope you learned some facts there :)

faganface wrote: »
    haha its just getting funny now to see what you have to say! you dont make any valid points, half of your facts are wrong , you clearly dont know anything about the subject so why are you here!

Dessie Dolan won an allstar in 2004, pat spillane said on the highlights of the crossmaglen match that ''dessie dolan is the best player never to win and all ireland''.
    Garrycastle were formed in 1981! Now hope you learned some facts there :)

All 3 points are I made were valid and correct , You dont seem to posess the intelligence to compute the Information I have given :D

1. Read Post 1 here http://www.hoganstand.com/forum/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=47208 , Choking is a Dolan family trait going back at least 2 generations, Ask people how the 72 Leinster club final went !

2. Dolan eile left the field inside 20 min's of the 2004 Leinster Final to be replaced by match winner Rory O'Connell

3. I did say Garrycastle were formed long before 1984 , I was correct it was 1981.

Whats your problem with the facts ?

3. I did say Garrycastle were formed long before 1984 , I was correct it was 1981.

3 years is a long time? Jesus i never knew THAT fact. But thanks for enlightening me...

All 3 points are I made were valid and correct , You dont seem to posess the intelligence to compute the Information I have given :D

1. Read Post 1 here http://www.hoganstand.com/forum/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=47208 , Choking is a Dolan family trait going back at least 2 generations, Ask people how the 72 Leinster club final went !

2. Dolan eile left the field inside 20 min's of the 2004 Leinster Final to be replaced by match winner Rory O'Connell

In dessies 10+ year career with Westmeath he missed two crucial points? fair enough he 100% should have kicked that against meath but thats sport, look at Kevin Fitzpatrick for laois in that 2004 final replay had a clear goal chance and he put it badly wide! But Dessie has contributed alot more for westmeath, garrycastle and gaa in general then any other player in the county ever did.

Gary was playing that final just as Rory O'connel had his suspension lifted, so rory was always gonna be coming on in that match! and if the dolans choke on the biggest stage being ''croke park'' how come in the final and replay of the leinster did dessie score 7 points?:D

Im not too bothered anyway of fighting the corner of dessie senior as i never knew him as a player!

Long before...3 years in history is nothing... haha i love how you wont even take your medicine by admitting defeat in that battle:D good laaad

• Advertisement

In dessies 10+ year career with Westmeath he missed two crucial points? fair enough he 100% should have kicked that against meath but thats sport, look at Kevin Fitzpatrick for laois in that 2004 final replay had a clear goal chance and he put it badly wide! But Dessie has contributed alot more for westmeath, garrycastle and gaa in general then any other player in the county ever did.

Gary was playing that final just as Rory O'connel had his suspension lifted, so rory was always gonna be coming on in that match! and if the dolans choke on the biggest stage being ''croke park'' how come in the final and replay of the leinster did dessie score 7 points?:D

Im not too bothered anyway of fighting the corner of dessie senior as i never knew him as a player!

Long before...3 years in history is nothing... haha i love how you wont even take your medicine by admitting defeat in that battle:D good laaad

If you think you have won the "battle" - Think Again , Maybe get an responsible adult to assist you !

remember westmeath were 6 points down when rory came on and 20 minutes afterwards they were 6 points up.

If you think you have won the "battle" - Think Again , Maybe get an responsible adult to assist you !

Why would i need a responsble adult? your clearly not man enough to admit you were wrong once again! fair enough rory did change the game, hes alright for an athlone man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

so st ciarans is the name of your team now not garrycastle rememeber st ciarans is also the name of athlone gaa pitch

St Ciaran, would be the patron saint of the area, with Clonmacnoise. In Longford it is St Mels, and Athlone region , St Ciaran. There is a St Ciaran's soccer team too. You probably know this.

I still can't get my head round the fact that any Garrycastle (or even Athlone GAA) would ever need to join forces with another club - no matter how desperate they were to win trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The winner's of the other semi-final will run out easy winners in the final regardless of what shower end up in croke park. Anyone willing to place a bet !

Do I hear someone eating their words??

Indeed. More so for Garrycastle themselves, im glad that this pr1ck (and he is a pr1ck regardless of bans handed out after this comment) was proven to be an idiot.

Minor Blip , Cross gave them a chance on their big day , Normal Service will be resumed in the replay

yeeeee were lucky ref was badconfused.gifyellow card= head butt and player had to go off shortly afterwards he also missed 2 penalties for crossmaglen he send off crossmaglen player in the wrong yeeeee had yeeeeeer chance the only thing yeeee win is an oscar for: falling over advertissing signs:yeeeee will be beat off the field the next day new refeek.giffor game bye bye up moate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Since this a GAA topic all bans can be appealed to the CCC and reduced

• Advertisement

Indeed. More so for Garrycastle themselves, im glad that this pr1ck (and he is a pr1ck regardless of bans handed out after this comment) was proven to be an idiot.

You dont even know me so why would you call me such a thing ?

The replay is due to the complete incompetence of the ref , I will be proved correct when this final reaches it final conclusion , Just wait and see.

The replay is due to the complete incompetence of the ref , I will be proved correct when this final reaches it final conclusion , Just wait and see.
    But you have already been proven wrong! You told us all that ''they (Garrycastle and brigids) are both poor teams and the winners of the other semi final will run out easy winners regardless of whatever shower end up in Croke park'' Well Garrycastle went out there and showed the whole of the country what the are made of, sure they could have lost it in the end but they also could have one, but this team your so called ''journey men'' played out one of the best games in the all ireland club final in a long time! They will go out in the next match now with no fear and hopefully theyl produce the goods again! So is there anything else there ya want tell us? haha

But you have already been proven wrong! You told us all that ''they (Garrycastle and brigids) are both poor teams and the winners of the other semi final will run out easy winners regardless of whatever shower end up in Croke park'' Well Garrycastle went out there and showed the whole of the country what the are made of, sure they could have lost it in the end but they also could have one, but this team your so called ''journey men'' played out one of the best games in the all ireland club final in a long time! They will go out in the next match now with no fear and hopefully theyl produce the goods again! So is there anything else there ya want tell us? haha

Complete rubbish , A Poor Ref combined with a poor display from the best club side in the country and Garrycastle could still not win and were lucky to hang on !! Again When the outcome in known I will be proved correct !!

you will be proved correct?? *proven

you will be proved correct?? *proven

Let's Keep it on topic , I care less but you can go and do some reading !!

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=54120

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

GTF , I am the one being abused and I am trying to keep it on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭forfcksake

Both Brigids & Garrycastle are two fantastic teams, anyone who says anything else doesn't know what they are talking about, both were ahead at half time in their respective finals but just didn't finish it out, Garrycastle will push cross close the next day you can be sure of that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I've had a read through this thread after it was reported again. While I'm inclined to think that there is no small amount of trolling going on here, the simple fact is that this is all subjective opinion and as such open to criticism and debate. Since you've all demonstrated that you cannot carry out a civil conversation despite bans and Aquila's (repeated) calls for civility, I'm locking the thread.

P.s. flaunting bans is not funny or smart, it just makes our job harder.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement