Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Including LC results on CAO application as mature student

Options
  • 13-02-2012 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,

When I submitted my mature student CAO application I deliberately didnt include my leaving cert results from 2001, as they were so bad that I did not want them to be considered with my application. I had thought it would be better for me to only notify CAO of the FETAC course I am currently doing, and to be assessed as a mature student.

I have since been told by a mate that this may not have been such a wise decision.
    Does anyone have any advice on this issue? Should I have notifed them of my exam number/results, or does it matter at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Its recommended to include all educational details. A poor LC and a good FETAC result can show evidence of improvement and commitment to learning. Colleges generally like to see exactly what you have studied and in some cases a poor LC is better than no LC. If you are applying as a Mature applicant you could contact the relevant college(s) admissions department or Mature Students officer and ask if you should include your LC results, would they have a significant bearing on the assessment of your application. Then you can decide whether or not to speak to CAO.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Cheers for the response

Advertisement