Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

No offence taken, my point being that i dont care what religion, nationality any celtic player is. I agree time to move on from those days, i feel sorry for the ordinary decent rangers fans who want to save history and their club. i looked forward to seeing them there in large numbers for the first game since administration and feel they let themselves down with their party songs. Thats the part of rangers that i want to see gone it has no place in modern society.

I feel for them the same as i remember celtics darkest days but we were lucky to have wee fergus. celtic fans ploughed a fortune into the share issue/s and i am interested to see if that will happen at ibrox. No doubt you have been deceived by sdm and whyte and more so by the scottish media who were sleepwalking when this unfolded.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Hi Dempsey, i think ur being too hard on BBE, its not his fault the signing policy. We have our crosses, if BBE is referring to the BJK, i don't like the BJK chants as i think its a slur on his good name but i am disgusted if there was a cover up with Torbret if thats his name and i read ally brazils comments as a child and he never got to play for celtics first team.

I often look at celtic and the way its run and it reminds me of the way ireland is governed with a nod and wink. Look at the cronyism in ireland and the small man loses out , similar to peter lawwell saying they will spend money on players etec etc to sell season books yet he downsized and lost 14k season book holders in 2 years. With lipservice to "best fans in world" crap every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hi Dempsey, i think ur being too hard on BBE, its not his fault the signing policy. We have our crosses, if BBE is referring to the BJK, i don't like the BJK chants as i think its a slur on his good name but i am disgusted if there was a cover up with Torbret if thats his name and i read ally brazils comments as a child and he never got to play for celtics first team.

I often look at celtic and the way its run and it reminds me of the way ireland is governed with a nod and wink. Look at the cronyism in ireland and the small man loses out , similar to peter lawwell saying they will spend money on players etec etc to sell season books yet he downsized and lost 14k season book holders in 2 years. With lipservice to "best fans in world" crap every year.

I never even implied that, just that he cant expect everyone to remember the clubs successes and forget their failures just because he's "moved on".

If you want to talk about Celtic then lets do that in the Celtic thread as this thread is off course as it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

That's not a shock I have already stated that you know it must be great when you support a club that has nothing to be ashamed of I hope with all the superiority Celtic fans feel the Halo's don't slip and choke them

I'm not wearing any ****ing halo. Whats your problem? Didnt you agree earlier that many fans would not be ashamed? And what exactly have celtic fans to be ashamed of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I am willing to bet the letter does not say he was not signed by Rangers for reasons of religion

of course it doesnt and he has accepted that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Hi shankse I agree on the BJK chants I detest them no matter what happened the man is not here to defend himself. But it was more your point in bold I was getting at.

I'm not wearing any ****ing halo. Whats your problem? Didnt you agree earlier that many fans would not be ashamed? And what exactly have celtic fans to be ashamed of?

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you I wrongly quoted your post.
    Well if Celtic fans are not ashamed of what happened RE: shanksepony's post then they should be or am I mistaken

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you I wrongly quoted your post.
    Well if Celtic fans are not ashamed of what happened RE: shanksepony's post then they should be or am I mistaken

Who would defend Jim Torbett for what he did? Nor would you find anyone jumping to the defence of the Kelly family.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Who would defend Jim Torbett for what he did? Nor would you find anyone jumping to the defence of the Kelly family.

No and very very few Rangers fans will defend our signing policy the big difference is most on if not all on this forum and thats all that matters in the context of the discussions we have would come on and continually have digs about Torbett etc. If you have a problem then at least go onto a forum where Rangers fans do defend that policy to the extreme.
    Or would that be to mannerly for you to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

So can we go back onto the administration issue and what the future may or may not hold? Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

CloseLaptop.gif

CloseLaptop.gif

Very insightful input there

Very insightful input there

Cheers!!

Cheers!!

I actually meant to put a smiley face there still asleep

I actually meant to put a smiley face there still asleep

I know ya did.

Agree with Lubo though, be nice for thread to get back on topic.

I know ya did.

Agree with Lubo though, be nice for thread to get back on topic.

Agreed but I am fed up with the holier than though attitudes from certain posters on here mate

Agreed but I am fed up with the holier than though attitudes from certain posters on here mate

Totally understand, no problem with you at all, dont get me wrong. I would do same so I cant talk.

think I leave here before here for bit.

No and very very few Rangers fans will defend our signing policy the big difference is most on if not all on this forum and thats all that matters in the context of the discussions we have would come on and continually have digs about Torbett etc. If you have a problem then at least go onto a forum where Rangers fans do defend that policy to the extreme.
    Or would that be to mannerly for you to do

but there was a time when rangers fans were proud of the policy.

comparing the two scenarios is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Totally understand, no problem with you at all, dont get me wrong. I would do same so I cant talk.

think I leave here before here for bit.

Hardly surprising that supporters from the two teams with sectarian signing policies are agreeing with each other here!!!:D

• Advertisement

but there was a time when rangers fans were proud of the policy.

comparing the two scenarios is ridiculous.

No its not, not when Celtic supporters are in complete denial about certain aspects of it all.
    You really need to take a hard look at yourself it seems to me you have to resort to that time after time after time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Do the last posts have anything whatsoever have in common with the OP? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

http://www.splsurvey.co.uk/

I wonder have any Rangers fans taken part in this survey? Seems far to simplistic to me.

No its not, not when Celtic supporters are in complete denial about certain aspects of it all.
    You really need to take a hard look at yourself it seems to me you have to resort to that time after time after time

You're trying to compare the policy of a club, a concious decision of the whole hierarchy of the club for decades, the acceptance of it by its supporters for decades to what a paedophile did? Did the whole of Celtic support him or something?, did the fans accept what he did? No, never, there is a big difference and you trying to tie the two things together makes me wonder about your mentality. You must have a screw loose.

I didnt bring up your sectarian policy in this thread but I'll voice my opinion on it if I like. Tough **** if its a sore point with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

The thing is Rangers fans know how much the paedo thing winds up Celtic fans and of course they take the bait most of the time(not that I think its very nice or clever but hey if thats how they get one over on another poster - say's more about that person's post than the anger of someone who finds it offensive) To my knowledge there's only been one Rangers fan on here who has mentioned it - the others just seem to be backing him up! The Rangers prediciment is more recent so to my mind topical and an opportunity for Celtic fans to stick the boot in(which I'm sure Rangers fans understand)and as long as its not completely offensive I don't have a problem with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Spiers spot on again today in the Sunday Herald

014apf.jpg

014bbc.jpg

• Advertisement

You're trying to compare the policy of a club, a concious decision of the whole hierarchy of the club for decades, the acceptance of it by its supporters for decades to what a paedophile did? Did the whole of Celtic support him or something?, did the fans accept what he did? No, never, there is a big difference and you trying to tie the two things together makes me wonder about your mentality. You must have a screw loose.

I didnt bring up your sectarian policy in this thread but I'll voice my opinion on it if I like. Tough **** if its a sore point with you.

Fine every time you bring that up I will return the favour and bring up your clubs disgusting cover up which they did so your whole directorship knew about it also the FACT that he was thrown out of the club then allowed back in I wonder why what power did he hold over your directors. I really find it sickening that you find a signing policy worse the paedophillia. I really worry about your mentality

Madam wrote: »
    The thing is Rangers fans know how much the paedo thing winds up Celtic fans and of course they take the bait most of the time(not that I think its very nice or clever but hey if thats how they get one over on another poster - say's more about that person's post than the anger of someone who finds it offensive) To my knowledge there's only been one Rangers fan on here who has mentioned it - the others just seem to be backing him up! The Rangers prediciment is more recent so to my mind topical and an opportunity for Celtic fans to stick the boot in(which I'm sure Rangers fans understand)and as long as its not completely offensive I don't have a problem with it!

I can assure you I wouldn't be bringing it up but I am sick to death of this policy being flung in our faces while Celtic supporters not all try to take the moral high ground when this whole carry on went on at Parkhead

I know there are many exceptions to what I have just posted including your good self Madam

Fine every time you bring that up I will return the favour and bring up your clubs disgusting cover up which they did so your whole directorship knew about it also the FACT that he was thrown out of the club then allowed back in I wonder why what power did he hold over your directors. I really find it sickening that you find a signing policy worse the paedophillia. I really worry about your mentality

I said the two scenarios arent comparable but if you want to talk about paedophilia anytime someone mentions your sectarian signing policy, knock yourself out! :rolleyes:

I said the two scenarios arent comparable but if you want to talk about paedophilia anytime someone mentions your sectarian signing policy, knock yourself out! :rolleyes:

Thats right in many ways they are not comparable certainly what when on at Rangers certainly didn't mess up many kid minds for life if you are comfortable with that well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Thats right in many ways they are not comparable certainly what when on at Rangers certainly didn't mess up many kid minds for life if you are comfortable with that well :eek:

Really, you dont think the mindless sectarian bile and hate that comes out of Ibrox every week doesnt mess up a kids mind?

Really?

You think anyone believes you?

• Advertisement

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Really, you dont think the mindless sectarian bile and hate that comes out of Ibrox every week doesnt mess up a kids mind?

Really?

No I don't think it does any real damage.

Sectarian singing = wrong

Being raped by a paedophile. you tell me what is worse

No, its more then just a sing. Its the attitude that causes people to send bombs and bullets in the post, attack people on the streets and murder them.

But whatever, im wasting my time talking with you. The Glee from you when you talked about how you were going to enjoy bringing up pedophiles every time someone criticized Rangers sectarian roots was utterly revolting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Really?

When was the last tome you listened to what comes out of Ibrox? Because our fans behave impeccably these days, no sectarian songs.

Your sole purpose seems to be to bash Rangers, if you're going to do it at least know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

this letter thing: if anyone has Neil Lennon's autobiography, im pretty sure he has the picture of his letter in the pictures pages of the book? i'd post a screenshot of it but i cant find my copy unfortunately

spiralism wrote: »
    this letter thing: if anyone has Neil Lennon's autobiography, im pretty sure he has the picture of his letter in the pictures pages of the book? i'd post a screenshot of it but i cant find my copy unfortunately

The letter didn't mention anything to do with religion though

TheBuilder wrote: »
    When was the last tome you listened to what comes out of Ibrox? Because our fans behave impeccably these days, no sectarian songs.

Your sole purpose seems to be to bash Rangers, if you're going to do it at least know what you're talking about.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/301587-old-firm-fans-arrested-under-new-anti-sectarian-laws/

Look out, thats reality crashing through your warped little reality.

The letter didn't mention anything to do with religion though

No, afaik, that was in an off the record remark by Jock Wallace already posted here.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/301587-old-firm-fans-arrested-under-new-anti-sectarian-laws/

Look out, thats reality crashing through your warped little reality.

Please point out where that says Rangers fans were arrested?

Tarring a whole support on the basis of upto 7 people just how narrow minded you are.

I think you've just hit a new low.

Tarring a whole support on the basis of upto 7 people just how narrow minded you are.

Heres more
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/02/21/rangers-fan-reported-to-fiscal-for-sectarian-singing-at-kilmarnock-game-86908-23759153/

And yes, im tarring the whole club because of its Sectarian policy that promoted and encouraged the culture that is there today.

Theres more then enough evidence for this but like the other one, im not going to waste time going over this with you, if you havent figured it out by now, you never will.

• Advertisement

Heres more
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/02/21/rangers-fan-reported-to-fiscal-for-sectarian-singing-at-kilmarnock-game-86908-23759153/

And yes, im tarring the whole club because of its Sectarian policy that promoted and encouraged the culture that is there today.

Theres more then enough evidence for this but like the other one, im not going to waste time going over this with you, if you havent figured it out by now, you never will.

No proof it was rangers fans in the other one.

While you're playing with google, why not have a little look at the occasions Celtic fans have been done with this new law. It might change your whiter than white opinion.

Aye don't waste your time on something you know nothing about, when people who's main focus is Scottish football know better.

You're nothing but a bitter, narrow minded man.

Heres more

This sort of feigned innocence is very irksome, especially when in the last Rangers/Celtic game there were some very clearly sectarian songs getting a lash throughout. Or are "no pope of rome" and "build my gallows"(basically a loyalist equivalent to the rebel songs rangers fans so despise) some sort of cultural thing now? Then there's the F the pope and the IRA add ons in Simply the Best.

End of the day, more Rangers fans protested (to the point of burning season books) about signing Mo Johnstone than anything Murray or Whyte did to nearly bankrupt the club. Speaks volumes.

Opposing the IRA is sectarian now? You will not hear any FTP add ons at ibrox now other than a few idiots.

I've had enough of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Heres more

Time you forgot about it and moved on. It doesn't exist any more.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Heres more

Time you forgot about it and moved on. It doesn't exist any more.

You're wasting your time, they're allowed to remind us about our past, just as long as the favour isn't returned.

Opposing the IRA is sectarian now? You will not hear any FTP add ons at ibrox now other than a few idiots.

I've had enough of this thread.
    Only those big bad Protestants can be sectarian.:rolleyes: It is beyond pathetic argument now. Boring, dull and irrelevant.

I am more worried about the here and now and the taxpayers getting fleeced by Rangers

I am more worried about the here and now and the taxpayers getting fleeced by Rangers
    Not worried about your team bottling it again?

Of course, I can also deal with multiple topics / threads concurrently

• Advertisement

No, its more then just a sing. Its the attitude that causes people to send bombs and bullets in the post, attack people on the streets and murder them.

But whatever, im wasting my time talking with you. The Glee from you when you talked about how you were going to enjoy bringing up pedophiles every time someone criticized Rangers sectarian roots was utterly revolting.

I can assure you there was no glee in it but hey you will think what you like anyway. I have first hand experience with a friend who was abused so I don't say it lightly so you carry on thinking I am revolting at least I don't think singing is worse than what went on at Celtic now that is revolting

I won't be answering or getting involved in any further discussions with you as I refuse to lower myself to the level you are on

Advertisement