Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The maximum penalty on all charges, **** right off.

All because THEY failed to do their ****ty fit and proper test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Why should Rangers recieve leniency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Nope, all because Rangers decided to lie, con, steal and cheat.

This has nothing to do with the EBT's, the tax case,... but with Whyte not paying taxes and putting us into admin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If you were relying on that test to protect your club then you were being very naive. All you have to do is look at Hearts to see that any sort of gangster can get involved in Scottish Football at the moment. If it had a lucrative tv deal you'd have people using the SPL as a money laundering service! Also, Craig Whyte told lies and circumvented the rules.

This shows how badly David Murray wanted rid of Rangers in the end. Didnt he say he was waiting for the right person? He was begging to be conned and he was.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    If you were relying on that test to protect your club then you were being very naive. All you have to do is look at Hearts to see that any sort of gangster can get involved in Scottish Football at the moment. If it had a lucrative tv deal you'd have people using the SPL as a money laundering service! Also, Craig Whyte told lies and circumvented the rules.

This shows how badly David Murray wanted rid of Rangers in the end. Didnt he say he was waiting for the right person? He was begging to be conned and he was.

But as bobby on here showed, it wasn't that hard to find out the truth behind Whyte.

This is nothing more than the SFA covering their own ass and using that opportunity to get another boot in.

The life ban also has no effect on Whyte's shares, so apparently that means that anyone who has a life ban in Scottish football can still be the majority shareholder in a Scottish club :rolleyes:

But as bobby on here showed, it wasn't that hard to find out the truth behind Whyte.

This is nothing more than the SFA covering their own ass and using that opportunity to get another boot in.

The life ban also has no effect on Whyte's shares, so apparently that means that anyone who has a life ban in Scottish football can still be the majority shareholder in a Scottish club :rolleyes:

Rangers and Whyte failed to observe the rules and went as far as lying and cheating, Whyte asks for more time to prepare his case and then doesnt show up and calls the SFA a farce & a kangaroo court via the media from the south of france. Of course the book is going to get thrown at him and Rangers.

The rules are poor and offer little protection to SPL clubs, hopefully that will change in light of all this. The SPL will probably call another meeting after the one on the 30th and that will further delay any takeover. D&P seem happy to hit every speed bump so dont be surprised when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

BBC journo says that it doesn't stop white being a shareholder, just a chairman, etc.

And any ban WILL transfer to a newco if SFA allow the license to be transferred to a newco.

IMO Rangers are getting what they deserve. Feel sorry for fans, but this situation is not good enough and they should be rightly punished.

Rangers and Whyte failed to observe the rules and went as far as lying and cheating, Whyte asks for more time to prepare his case and then doesnt show up and calls the SFA a farce & a kangaroo court via the media from the south of france. Of course the book is going to get thrown at him and Rangers.

The rules are poor and offer little protection to SPL clubs, hopefully that will change in light of all this. The SPL will probably call another meeting after the one on the 30th and that will further delay any takeover. D&P seem happy to hit every speed bump so dont be surprised when it happens.

So you think it's perfectly normal that Rangers are being punished because Whyte is a **** ?

We will get rightly punished if found guilty in the Big Tax Case, but this has nothing to do with that.

This is about Whyte lying to the SFA, Rangers, the fans, the media,... and getting away with it.
    So why are Rangers being punished for the actions of one man ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does that mean they can't sell players too?

• Advertisement

So you think it's perfectly normal that Rangers are being punished because Whyte is a **** ?

Whyte got punished for his part. Rangers got punished for not following the rules, they didnt do their due diligence on Whyte properly and if they did, they lied to the SPL. Which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Whyte got punished for his part. Rangers got punished for not following the rules, they didnt do their due diligence on Whyte properly and if they did, they lied to the SPL. Which is it?

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/sfa-rule-book-post-rangers-debacle/976

Don't forget that Whyte removed everyone opposed to him from the club, so everyone who could have given information about him was not attached to Rangers, and therefore had no say in the due diligence.

Douglas Fraser ‏ @BBCDouglsFraser Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    #Rangers transfer embargo: the SFA penalty clashes with Bill Miller's bid condition. Rips up the business plan for recovery

Wow, shocking, I'm sure they didn't expect that to happen.

edit: As for Whyte being punished, that's a good one.
    Here's what he had to say on the BBC:

"I couldn't care less. It makes no difference to my life whatsoever - good luck collecting the money."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Whyte should be given the freedom of Celtic Park :)

As for the transfer embargo. There would have been no players in anyway. Expect a U-19 team to play next season if the club isn't liquidated.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/sfa-rule-book-post-rangers-debacle/976

Don't forget that Whyte removed everyone opposed to him from the club, so everyone who could have given information about him was not attached to Rangers, and therefore had no say in the due diligence.

Rangers declaration came before Whyte did his spring cleaning, before he officially took control. Corporate Governance was absent from Rangers long before Whyte sank his teeth into Rangers.

Rangers declaration came before Whyte did his spring cleaning, before he officially took control. Corporate Governance was absent from Rangers long before Whyte sank his teeth into Rangers.

My bad, I thought that happened around the same time.

Still, doesn't change much, the SFA still did **** all and are now punishing the entire club for:

1. Whyte's actions
    2. Their own negligence.

I sincerely hope Rangers take this to UEFA.

Still, doesn't change much, the SFA still did **** all and are now punishing the entire club for:

1. Whyte's actions
    2. Their own negligence.

Who let Whyte in the door?!
    Whyte took control without hardly a whimper. Murray is culpable in this big time. He handed over the reigns to Whyte to get off the sinking ship.

You can't say that, Murray is an angel apparently who did it all in the best interest of Rangers.

I hope both of them get jailtime.

1. Whyte's actions
    2. Their own negligence.

You seem to forget Rangers negligence in all this which is what most of the charges were about. D&P gave a bull**** statement earlier, if Whyte did all the damage as they claim, why wasnt the proof shown at the hearing?

I think you are in complete denial of how badly Rangers were being run before Whyte got there. If there were proper controls and processes in place before he arrived, D&P would have been able to produce evidence of what exactly Whyte did. If they were in place and Whyte tried to get rid or circumvent them, surely someone would have blown the whistle on him before the club hit administration.

You'd be best avoiding UEFA unless you are a glutton for punishment

You seem to forget Rangers negligence in all this which is what most of the charges were about. D&P gave a bull**** statement earlier, if Whyte did all the damage as they claim, why wasnt the proof shown at the hearing?

I think you are in complete denial of how badly Rangers were being run before Whyte got there. If there were proper controls and processes in place before he arrived, D&P would have been able to produce evidence of what exactly Whyte did. If they were in place and Whyte tried to get rid or circumvent them, surely someone would have blown the whistle on him before the club hit administration.

D&P helped him in his takeover, they could easily have been fooled like the rest of us.

As for this punishment, it's clear that they want to force Rangers to stay in the SPL (as a newco in Div3 with the same punishment would be unable to get any players at all).

So **** Rangers over for years to come but still want the cashcow of the mass away fans Rangers bring ?
    **** that for a laugh, I hope all away grounds are boycotted.

• Advertisement

You can't say that, Murray is an angel apparently who did it all in the best interest of Rangers.

I hope both of them get the jail.

Rangers have been run improperly for years and it's caught up with them. I don't see what appealing to Uefa will do. Time to take the hard medicine.
    You got plenty of good times with the reckless spending - 'The Rangers Tiger'.

D&P helped him in his takeover, they could easily have been fooled like the rest of us.

As for this punishment, it's clear that they want to force Rangers to stay in the SPL (as a newco in Div3 with the same punishment would be unable to get any players at all).

So **** Rangers over for years to come but still want the cashcow of the mass away fans Rangers bring ?

By the way, brilliant move to do this days before and Old Firm game, I'm sure this will help to calm things down in the Scottish pubs and streets :rolleyes:

Whyte must be con artist of year, fooled everyone he needed to!

They want to make an example of ye and rightly so. Rangers are a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Perhaps the roar will come back now..

Rangers are a disgrace.

Shocking to hear that from you :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17821054
    Rangers owner Craig Whyte has been banned for life from any involvement in Scottish football.

The Scottish Football Association also imposed a 12-month transfer embargo on the club, who are in administration.

Rangers have been fined £160,000 while Whyte - who was charged with not being a fit and proper person to be a director - faces fines of £200,000.

"It doesn't affect my life, I'm just disappointed what it does to Rangers. It's an outrage," Whyte told BBC Sport.

He was charged with three different rule breaches, and found guilty of two, with the other "not proven".

Rangers were charged with six breaches, with five guilty verdicts and one "not proven".

The transfer embargo means they can only sign players under the age of 18 for the next year.

Rangers received the embargo and £100,000 fine for breaching rule 66 - bringing the game into disrepute.

A £50,000 fine was handed out for going into administration and £10,000 for failing to ensure that Whyte acted within rules concerning fit and proper officials.

The Gers chairman failed to notify the SFA that he had been disqualified as a director for seven years in 2000.

The club were also found guilty of acting in an improper manner/against the best interests of football and also of failing to pay Dundee United gate receipts from their Scottish Cup meeting. They were "censured" on both counts.

Whyte was fined £50,000 for bringing the game into disrepute but a charge of acting in an improper manner and against the interests of football was not proven.

He was handed three more identical fines on separate counts of failing to follow directions from an SFA tribunal.

An SFA panel met on Friday, with Whyte refusing to appear, but they delayed an announcement until this week.

The SFA adjourned the original hearing on 29 March after Whyte's lawyers asked for more time to prepare a case but the owner failed to attend a procedural hearing on 6 April which was set for him to "lodge a substantive response and for representations to be made as to state of preparation".

Administrators Duff & Phelps have been running the Scottish Premier League club since 14 February.

The SFA said its judicial panel would issue reasons for its findings in "early course" while both parties have three days to appeal following receipt of those reasons.

Whyte said: "It's a joke, a complete joke. They've never spoken to me.

"[Chief executive] Stewart Regan and [president] Campbell Ogilvie had dinner with me in November and they told me it wouldn't be a problem.

"Now they're just reacting to all of the publicity since February.

"Rangers fans can see where the SFA are coming from. We're Scotland's biggest club. They should be helping us, not kicking us when we're down. Rangers fans will remember this for a long time."

Asked whether the SFA could force him to pay the fine, he added: "Of course they can't. It's farcical."

A statement from Rangers' joint administrator Paul Clark, of Duff & Phelps, read: "All of us working on behalf of the club are utterly shocked and dismayed by the draconian sanctions imposed on Rangers in respect of these charges.

"It appears that on one hand the disciplinary panel accepted our central argument that responsibility for bringing the club into disrepute lay with the actions of one individual - Craig Whyte - as is evident from the unprecedented punishment meted out to him.

"During this hearing, the club produced compelling evidence from a number of sources that following his takeover Craig Whyte ran the club in a thoroughly unaccountable manner, rather than adhering to a long-established and proper form of corporate governance.

"The thrust of the charges against the club focused on non-payment of payroll taxes and evidence was produced that all such decisions in this area were taken by Craig Whyte during his tenure.

"Given this evidence, it is difficult to comprehend that the disciplinary panel has seen fit to effectively punish the club even more heavily than Mr Whyte.

"However, for Rangers, a ban on signing players will seriously undermine the club's efforts to rebuild after being rendered insolvent."

Earlier on Monday it was announced the administrators had yet to receive an offer for the club that will enable them to name a preferred bidder.

They added: "Furthermore, we do not know how bidders for the club will react to these sanctions and what effect they will have on their proposals.

"The club has asked for full written reasons for these decisions and intend to appeal against the findings."

The appeal should be interesting!

Shooter McGavin thought buying Regan & Ogilvie a dinner would get him a free pass if the **** hit the fan! :pac:
    Shocking to hear that from you :rolleyes:

But they are, great to see punishments being handed out for some of the **** ye've pulled. Hopefully they'll continue to dig and punish you accordingly.

I can guess what you would understand under 'accordingly'.

Amazing how any one here is surprised. The club is in administration and has no money. Nothing shocks me at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

At the end of the day is this really a punishment worth worrying about? One way or another we all know Rangers won't be paying that fine and who were they going to sign anyway with no money?

• Advertisement

who were they going to sign anyway with no money?

Does Sone Aluko have a brother?!

Why would we not pay that fine ?

Because you're broke :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Because it will be added to the enormous mountain of debt that Rangers owe and either go into a CVA in which case only a tiny fraction of it will be paid or else it will vanish with the rest of the debt when Rangers are liquidated.

And not paying it will only see it increase.

If the appeal fails it will be paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

is there a head in sand smiley?

• Advertisement

Craig Whyte says he's not going to pay his fine but Rangers dont have a choice but to pay theirs since they cant move to the south of france! :pac:

Another creditor to Rangers long list. Do you think the SFA will agree to a CVA? :P

Rafloution wrote: »
    is there a head in sand smiley?

Oh, do explain :rolleyes:

At the end of the day is this really a punishment worth worrying about? One way or another we all know Rangers won't be paying that fine and who were they going to sign anyway with no money?
    Exactly. Who cares. We are heading for either ruin or division 3 at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Exactly. Who cares. We are heading for either ruin or division 3 at best.
    lol

lol
    lol it is true though ain't it. The club is in a right awful mess.

• Advertisement

Liquidation seems like the only real option now.

If the club somehow gets a buyer, they won't have any players when most of the squad leave at the end of the season. The would only be able to sign U-18's. At least with liquidation they could start afresh without any financial penalties and could even sign some players for their new club.

This looks like the end of Rangers as we know them.

Explained in this article.
    CQN

Posted on 23 April, 2012 by Paul67

Huge result from the SFA Judicial Panel Tribunal tonight, absolutely enormous, perhaps the biggest decision ever made in Scottish football history. Rangers have been banned from signing players over 18-years-old, for a period of 12 months and fined £160k.

For months Scottish football has lived under some huge moral questions; would the combined forces of TV contracts, the Bank of Scotland and the formidable Rangers lobby combine to subvert the meritocratic spirit of sport and see rules written to see Rangers kept afloat.

The SFA Judicial Panel Tribunal made these questions moot. In the event that Rangers fail to agree a CVA with creditors and emerge as a Newco, and IF that Newco is allowed to inherit the SPL share given up by Rangers, the Newco will be unable to sign any players of 18 years or older.

Although the SPL and SFA are able to transfer Rangers league share to a Newco, player employment contracts are with the current company, so players would not be contracted to any new company. An SPL Newco would need to compete with 16 and 17-year-olds.

Conversely, there is nothing to stop a new football club, Rangers United, for example, sharing Firhill and applying to the Scottish Football League, from signing players of any age. A new football club like this would inherit no financial or football punishment from Rangers FC. Anyone aspiring to fill the gap left by Rangers would do well to navigate their plans in this direction.

In fact, scrub that first sentence, this is the biggest decision ever made in Scottish football history, no perhaps about it.

The formidable Rangers lobby ?

Does he mean the so-called Establishment ?

I really couldn't care what a Celtic website thinks about this, we all know it anyway.

The Establishment will save us any day now..

Does he mean the so-called Establishment ?

I really couldn't care what a Celtic website thinks about this, we all know it anyway.

Do you disagree with what the article says?
    The facts are there.

Does he mean the Establishment ?

Interesting that a newco will inherit the transfer embargo, surely you'll take onboard the information that is provided regardless of the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

521747_370104299697875_100000949256595_979013_234960469_n.jpg

Is that what I said then ?

By all means, let the world know what Celtic fans think about all of this.
    But allow me to not give a ****, we all know where you and your fellow fans are coming from.

Same with that pic above here, keep that stuff in your own topic.

521747_370104299697875_100000949256595_979013_234960469_n.jpg
    Agree. Move to England.

Is that what I said then ?

By all means, let the world know what Celtic fans think about all of this.
    But allow me to not give a ****, we all know where you and your fellow fans are coming from.

Same with that pic above here, keep that stuff in your own topic.

You are indeed burying your head in the sand. It doesn't matter that the article was written by a Celtic fan, as I said the facts are there.

Do you think liquidation is the only viable option? It certainly looks like it tonight.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Agree. Move to England.

That will be met with hostility from the English FA

• Advertisement
Advertisement