Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Celtic can enjoy the SPL to themselves though. Shame as it was a quality rivalry while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Agree. Move to England.

You would need to get UEFA and FA on board the English clubs would never vote for it. Looks like you will be playing East Stirling nxt season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

ColeTrain wrote: »
    You are indeed burying your head in the sand. It doesn't matter that the article was written by a Celtic fan, as I said the facts are there.

Do you think liquidation is the only viable option? It certainly looks like it tonight.

Oh, do enlighten me :rolleyes:

I never said anything about the content of it, just that I couldn't care less what a Celtic website thinks about all this.

All that he said has already been said on STV, BBC,...

And no, I still think a CVA is possible, if both the administrators and TBK get the fingers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Agree. Move to England.

I thought Rangers don't do walking away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Oh, do enlighten me :rolleyes:

I never said anything about the content of it, just that I couldn't care less what a Celtic website thinks about all this.

All that he said has already been said on STV, BBC,...

Because you didn't respond to the content of the article, just that it was written by a Celtic fan.
    Fair enough though, I wouldn't be too keen on reading any article written by Rangersmedia, especially with that sort of content in it. The truth may hurt but liquidation may set you free!

Just a simple jog down the road.

the blue knights and bill miller do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

the blue knights and bill miller do

Not Craig Whyte though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I dont want Rangers anywhere near my league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What league do you own?

You own a league?

Dempsey wrote: »
    What league do you own?
    :pac:
    Do the Highland league still take teams..

I know you may be confused with the whole 'We don't do walking away', but we have no intention of joining some athletics association thankyouverymuch.

What league do you own?
    You own a league?

Pretty pedantic.

You dont refer to the SPL as your league?

I know you may be confused with the whole 'We don't do walking away', but we have no intention of joining some athletics association thankyouverymuch.

Better than the above 2, well played

• Advertisement

What league would that be, by the way ?

What league would that be, by the way ?

PL

Scared we may upset the balance of powers ? :pac:

Should we move to the English league system (which won't happen) we'll start off in a lower league, it would take years to get to the EPL.

Who knows what might happen by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I actually feel for Rangers fans here. If Hicks and Gillette weren't dumped out when they were, Liverpool could have been in a similar situation.

Pretty pedantic.

No

• Advertisement

Scared we may upset the balance of powers ? :pac:

Haha. Sure

Haha. Sure

Rangers (in regards with stadium, fanbase,...), or Celtic for that matter, could easily rival the big English clubs, provided they get the same amount of money from Sky and sponsors.

And I'm deadly serious in that.

Rangers (in regards with stadium, fanbase,...), or Celtic for that matter, could easily rival the big English clubs, provided they get the same amount of money from Sky and sponsors.

Possibly in the long term.

I just dont want Scottish teams in 'my league'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Who the **** are you?

Another half arsed "Fan" of a premiership team?
    Who is it? Utd? Liverpool? City?
    I guess it depends what age you are, and who was having the most success when you started realising that green thing on the telly was a football pitch.

"Your" league indeed!

meanwhile back in reality....10 thousand at ibrox v stenhousmuir

Bigot :D

Pretty pedantic.

No I don't.

I still don't know what league you're on about :)

Happy to have Welsh teams though :rolleyes:

meanwhile back in reality....10 thousand at ibrox v stenhousmuir

http://sport.scotsman.com/division-1/Alan-Pattullo-Best-fans-in.6244649.jp

Eirebear wrote: »
    Who the **** are you?

Another half arsed "Fan" of a premiership team?
    Who is it? Utd? Liverpool? City?
    I guess it depends what age you are, and who was having the most success when you started realising that green thing on the telly was a football pitch.

"Your" league indeed!

Im Paul Tergat. Hi

Why the **** are you so pissed off?

I dont want you in the league. Its a view shared by many. No need to get so pissed about it mate.

edit: I see from the Rangers thread you are in a bad mood so will just leave it here
    Bigot :D

I think its just an English-Scottish rivalry thing

• Advertisement

No I don't.

I still don't know what league you're on about :)

See above mate.
    Happy to have Welsh teams though :rolleyes:

No I dont want them but they were there when i started supporting football so not much I can do about it now.

I dont want this move towards a Euro competition and bringing down SPL teams would be a step in that direction.

Im Paul Tergat. Hi

Why the **** are you so pissed off?

I dont want you in the league. Its a view shared by many. No need to get so pissed about it mate.

I think its just an English-Scottish rivalry thing

Hi Paul.
    A quick look at the thread might let you know why i'm so pissed off (I've just got the news as i'm just home from work). You're comment seems incredibly glib and almost gloating in the wider context - i apologise if i've taken it the wrong way.

Personally the idea of simply "moving" to England is a stupid one - it's never going to happen.

Hi Paul.
    A quick look at the thread might let you know why i'm so pissed off (I've just got the news as i'm just home from work). You're comment seems incredibly glib and almost gloating in the wider context - i apologise if i've taken it the wrong way.

Personally the idea of simply "moving" to England is a stupid one - it's never going to happen.

Fair nuff. I wasnt on the wind up, its really not my style. Just I read most threads on boards and seemingly like you I dont like the moving SPL teams to the EPL. Thats all it was. Think a lot have taken me up the wrong way. Meh.

Fair nuff. I wasnt on the wind up, its really not my style. Just I read most threads on boards and seemingly like you I dont like the moving SPL teams to the EPL. Thats all it was. Think a lot have taken me up the wrong way. Meh.

Fair enough man.

In the absence of Craig Whyte, someone had to get the first bit of my anger!:D

I think a certain poster on here's Twitter comments summed today's situation up pretty well.
    Stewart Regan's Fenian Army

I think a certain poster on here's Twitter comments summed today's situation up pretty well.

Whyte's dinner date with Regan & Ogilvie backfired! :P

Whyte's dinner date with Regan & Ogilvie backfired! :P

Regan's a spineless ****, today aside i have absolutely no time for that fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

so 2 years ago attendances were down??

Just saying that low attendances now and again don't take away from the huge fanbase both clubs have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

banner.png

This is a call to arms. The time is now. This HAS to be done. More so than ever. A plea to us all to unite. Every single Rangers fans forum, organisation, RSC. Spread the word in every possible way. Post on other Rangers Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Text Messages, E-Mail's, phonecalls.

The Bears are coming together and it's got the potential to be huge.....

We have stood about for far too long. Other than the Kilmarnock game, we haven't shown our strength in numbers like we can do. Outside the Main Entrance at Ibrox that day, the atmosphere was fantastic. We were just hit with the news that had entered administration. A day that many thought would never happen and wasn't possible.

Since then people are constantly saying they feel helpless on here. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It's time to show just how powerful we Rangers fans can be.

Our club are dying infront of our eyes from a death of 1000 cuts. Just when we think we could be reaching the end of this epic, draining saga the SFA have imposed an unforgivable punishment by fining Rangers Football Club £160k and a 12 month ban for signing players which is monumental in terms of rebuilding, should new owners take control for next season. It's of course not known at the moment, but this could have a disastrous effect on a preferred bidder being announced and the SFA have all but ensured that they want us gone. The final knockout blow has possibly been delivered tonight.

Our money is drying up. The players contract's will soon be defaulting back to normal terms, key players are out of contract soon, no Season Ticket money has been made available and of course, Dilly and Dally will be wanting paid.

But are we going to go down fighting? Not a fucking chance....

There are plenty of Bears on here and i'm sure many others worldwide that don't use forums online to vent their frustrations that are feeling utterly hepless in this situation. Not everyone is in a position to donate to the RFFF. Those that can, have which is superb. Others have arranged fundraising nights, sorted raffles and auctuons and had other events to help boost our finances. But there are still Bears I know feeling that they can't help and are watching their club die infront of them. In a few weeks time, we might not have a Rangers as you and I both know it.

We are forever going in seperate directions as a support with these type of protests in the past and ultimately, they fail or aren't as successful as they should be. We are the Worlds Most Successfull Football Club. We have shown as a support just what we can be capable of and it's time to show that again. Manchester '08 showed the size of our base. Was that game more important than showing the world how much our club mean to us espeically when they could soon not be around? Personally, I think not....

This can be our time to be as one. Feel as if we are ALL doing something together. Let's not look back in hindsight. Let's not think about what we could have done. Let's make this happen, NOW. The Rangers Family together again, showing that we truly are The People. The Union Bears have agreed to be in attendence. They will provide colour and extra noise. The recent protests and displays at Ibrox have been fantastic but we have the chance to make a real statement, outside of people's comfort zones. Let's take it to the streets.....

The event is scheduled for Hampden. This will be to show our disgust at The SFA who have been shown to be bias and corrupt and have done all they can to hammer the final nail in our soon to be closed coffin when other national associations would be doing all they can to help their biggest and most successful member club. Let's not forget Regan's walk out recently also when in attendance with members of the Rangers Fans Working Group and the subsequent lies he gave about that incident.

But, this can be our chance to have a voice about other issues. The whole administration process has been a farce. Strung along, deadline by deadline. We have to sit by and watch this without really knowing for sure just what the hell is going on. Every Bear is at their wit's end. Threat's of Liquidation left, right and centre are making this a nightmare of epic proportions. Let David Murray know what you think of him. Let Craig Whyte know too.

Other SPL clubs want us gone too, there is talk of our titles being stripped from us, our history being wiped out.

We can't stand by anymore and allow our club's name and our reputation to be dragged through the mud due to missmanagment by a Liar and charlatan in David Murray and a complete conman in Craig Whyte.

Should this be successful, it has to remain dignified and peaceful. Let's sing until our throats can't handle it anymore. Let's make out point clear. However, let's not do the wrong things that will give our enemies more ammunition to throw our way.

It's not us as a support that's in the wrong here. We are being punished both emotionally and mentally with this. We have done nothing but support our team and be there for our club. Our absent friends that can't be here to help are not to blame either. Let's be their voice too.....

SATURDAY 28/04/2012 - 1.30pm - Queens Park (Victoria Road entrance)
    #hampdenprotest

• Advertisement

Would be great to have a few thousand Bears attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

My bad, I thought that happened around the same time.

Still, doesn't change much, the SFA still did **** all and are now punishing the entire club for:

1. Whyte's actions
    2. Their own negligence.

I sincerely hope Rangers take this to UEFA.

I hope you take it to UEFA too because they will destroy you.

Your club has lied, stolen, cheated, refused to pay clubs all around Europe for players, refused to pay tax, suffers from systematic maladministration etc... yet somehow you feel like you're being picked on?!

Jelle, I know you're angry but blaming the wrong people, the blame for this lies solely at the feet of the institution that is Rangers.

20 years of cheating and living beyond your means is at last coming back to haunt you.

Why would we not pay that fine ?

With that comment I don't think the reality of the difficulties that RFC are in have hit you yet.

I really couldn't care what a Celtic website thinks about this, we all know it anyway.

The irony of that is if you guys had actually listened to Celtic websites such as that one then you would have been able to act accordingly and prevent Whyte from taking over from Murray.

Grandmaster Suck doesn't look well at all, how much weight has he put on recently???
    Bias and corruption :)

I hope you take it to UEFA too because they will destroy you.

Your club has lied, stolen, cheated, refused to pay clubs all around Europe for players, refused to pay tax, suffers from systematic maladministration etc... yet somehow you feel like you're being picked on?!

Jelle, I know you're angry but blaming the wrong people, the blame for this lies solely at the feet of the institution that is Rangers.

20 years of cheating and living beyond your means is at last coming back to haunt you.

I'd like to know what fans views are on David Murray. I also wonder if the current punishment is only to do with Whyte's time, what will be the sanctions of a full investigation is done into Murray's time there???

• Advertisement

With that comment I don't think the reality of the difficulties that RFC are in have hit you yet.

It has, but there is no reason as to why we won't pay that fine.
    It's different than creditors I believe, the same as why payments to other clubs have to be made regardless of administration (As the forced payment to Dundee utd proved).

Also, I'm not blaming the SFA for the mess we're in, I'm blaming them for taking over the top actions against a club already on it's knees.

As for those Celtic websites, they may have been right in the past but I have absolutely no need to read their drivel now, just like I don't need to see pics of Celtic fans in a Rangers thread.

It has, but there is no reason as to why we won't pay that fine.

Also, I'm not blaming the SFA for the mess we're in, I'm blaming them for taking over the top actions against a club already on it's knees.

As for those Celtic websites, they may have been right in the past but I have absolutely no need to read their drivel now, just like I don't need to see pics of Celtic fans in a Rangers thread.

You don't have the money to pay the fine.

SFA have not taken OTT actions against you at all. In fact they've done quite the opposite.

Duff and Phelps are said to be creaming £200k per week from Rangers... you could have signed Messi for that amount!

You don't have the money to pay the fine.

SFA have not taken OTT actions against you at all. In fact they've done quite the opposite.

Only a Celtic fan can see this as not being OTT...

Tell me, what else could they have done ? :rolleyes:

And who cares what D&P earn, they still haven't seen a penny of the money.

If they get us a CVA they can get 10 million each for all I care.

And the fine will probably be paid by the R.T.I.D.N.I group, by raising funds at the next home game.

Only a Celtic fan can see this as not being OTT...

Tell me, what else could they have done ? :rolleyes:

Paid their taxes?
    Done everything above board??

Maybe

Can you really not see that it's not everyone else's fault this time, that the blame actually lies with the rangers?????

• Advertisement
Advertisement