Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

ArknZyZCQAAHb4-.jpg

Brilliant turn-out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Usually, you protest about equality and fairness etc. You dont protest because you're not getting favouritism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

11678076.jpg

11678076.jpg

Hardly funny.

On the contrary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

bbc saying 3/4,000, poor turnout if true

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

According to police only 5,000 turned up to support the gers in their hour of need, what happens to crowds when theyre in DIV 3!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They be all going to Firhill to watch Partick;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

They be all going to Firhill to watch Partick;)

Bad news Falkirk have just equalised

According to police only 5,000 turned up to support the gers in their hour of need, what happens to crowds when theyre in DIV 3!!!

And STV say 10.000.
    I heard the organisers estimated it around the 7000 mark, pretty good for something that was organised on short notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Police saying 7k.

lol at "Poor Turnout" given that the police had estimated around 5 hundred, and the whole thing was only organised three days ago - i'd say that's pretty excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

How many "Final and Best" bids can the Blue Knights make? Do they not understand the meaning of the term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Good turnout in the short space of time. Should organise a massive one though and do it over a long period of time to get the word out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Good turnout in the short space of time. Should organise a massive one though and do it over a long period of time to get the word out.

thats something you don't have!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

fionnsda wrote: »
    thats something you don't have!:)
    The supporters do have time. But this was a good turnout. I see no reason to think the club will be liquidated for at least the next few months.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    The supporters do have time. But this was a good turnout. I see no reason to think the club will be liquidated for at least the next few months.

just being facetious!:D

Eirebear wrote: »
    Police saying 7k.

lol at "Poor Turnout" given that the police had estimated around 5 hundred, and the whole thing was only organised three days ago - i'd say that's pretty excellent.

Fair enough if your happy with that. tbh i was expecting up to 20,000.

7,000? Celtic Park got something similar the night Robbie Keane was signed on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    ArknZyZCQAAHb4-.jpg

Brilliant turn-out.

The Rangers fans really are revolting!

In all seriousness though I think it's a good turnout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

In all seriousness though I think it's a good turnout.

me too, but they should be protesting outside Ibrox at what the Rangers board and administrators are doing to the club rather than the SFA for doing their job.

Dempsey wrote: »
    7,000? Celtic Park got something similar the night Robbie Keane was signed on loan.

And about 10% of that when you won the league ;)

And about 10% of that when you won the league ;)

The SPL havent finished their investigation into dual contracts and general cheating by Rangers yet, that title and many others could still be given to Celtic :P

Rangers get more fans outside an empty hampden than DUFC get inside their own stadium for what could have been a big step in their attempt at CL qualifiers.
    Says it all really.

Rangers get more fans outside an empty hampden than DUFC get inside their own stadium for what could have been a big step in their attempt at CL qualifiers.
    Says it all really.

What a benchmark!

The SPL havent finished their investigation into dual contracts and general cheating by Rangers yet, that title and many others could still be given to Celtic :P

I was talking about this season's title ;)

• Advertisement

I was talking about this season's title ;)

we have 3 stands full at rugby park when we won the title. another maths fail for rangers.

I'm talking about the reception your team got when they came back at Celtic Park.

Says it all really.

So ye have a bigger support than Dundee Utd?? Wow, who would have thought it. But i suppose thats ye're benchmark now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What's the story with the SPL TV deal? When is it due for renewal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I figured the down to Division Three story was just journo bluster, can't be true surely?

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    I figured the down to Division Three story was just journo bluster, can't be true surely?

It's a possibility.

The SPL are trying their best to keep Rangers in the SPL, but both Rangers fans and some of the media want them to drop down (for different reasons, obviously).

Is that SPL rule change vote taking place today?

McCoist's comments about being closer to liquidation than ever yesterday were quite stark.

Bill Miller still in hot seat as the BKs seem to have gotten their bid rejected by D&P over the weekend. At a cost of £200k per week D&P would really want to be able to show that they've been earning that money.

Is that SPL rule change vote taking place today?

McCoist's comments about being closer to liquidation than ever yesterday were quite stark.

Bill Miller still in hot seat as the BKs seem to have gotten their bid rejected by D&P over the weekend. At a cost of £200k per week D&P would really want to be able to show that they've been earning that money.

If the stories are true that TBK bid was not even £2m then it's only normal it gets rejected.

It feels to me that D&P want TBK to win, but if they can't come up with the money...

Huge rumours doing the rounds that Rangers are set to announce liquidation this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Huge rumours doing the rounds that Rangers are set to announce liquidation this evening.

I'd be amazed if this was the case, Rangers should have funds to get them to the end of the season, that was the whole point of the wage cuts. It's only my guess but I would think this rumour is based on McCoist's post match interview yesterday and people adding 2 and 2 and getting 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Says it all really.

An amazing thing happened at the Rally. It was the first time that Sandy Jardine appeared at Hampden without Danny McGrain being moved to accommodate him.

So ye have a bigger support than Dundee Utd?? Wow, who would have thought it. But i suppose thats ye're benchmark now

if nothing else it highlights the sheer weight in numbers, and by extension - moneymaking power of the SPL - that Rangers (and similarly Celtic) bring to the competittion.

As i said before, the proposals which they will eventually get round to discussing are aimed at keeping those numbers in the SPL, while at the same time crippling the club.
    it's time for this week's round of Cake? or Eat It?

Was interesting to see the bold Sandy with his megaphone addressing the faithful, mind you the banner he had in front of him said it all "not fit" which was part of the slogan sfa not fit for purpose bit of a pr booboo there!!!

Whats the story with all the threats from Rangers, fans & those associated;

"He said Duff & Phelps had previously said they were "appalled" by the threats towards Mr Withey, which have been described as "serious", "specific" and "deeply alarming"."

So you have the lawyer above being threatened so he quit his job, craig whyte warned about his personal security, the 3 panel members of the SFA, Hugh Keevins & Alex Thompson the journalists, neil lennon assaulted and others sent bombs.

Then senile Sandy Jardine threatening other clubs with repercussions as to which way they vote.

I thought Rangers were big on "dignity" doesn't look like it to me from here.

First I heard about that, where is that from ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17907977

So the establishment is striking back in defence of the Rainjurrs. McCoist is saying that the two bids on the table include the submission of a newco but not liquidation?

Also SPL head Neil Doncaster is amenable to Rangers maintaining their SPL status while being allowed to welch on their debts but still not be liquidated? WTF is going on here?

Are the powers that be in Scottish football just going to turn a blind eye to the corruption that has been rife at Glasgow Rangers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

You couldn't make it up. McCoist says it might be morally right that Rangers go down to Div 3 and start again, but that that may not be the best thing for Scottish football.

Absolute bollocks. It is crucial for the future of Scottish football that justice is seen to be done and that Rangers corruption issues are not swept under the carpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The decision will be based on £££, nothing to do with sporting integrity. 'It is OK to cheat as long as you are big enough to bring money to the other clubs' seems to be the motto

The (succulent lamb) Scottish media will spin it for the greater good of scottish football yada yada, alls good, praise the lord, watp, gods a prod etc etc
    case closed
    nothing more to see
    move along now!
    sweep sweep

Piss off with your Establishment crap.

We all know why the SPL wants Rangers to remain where they are, so they can take the income generated but at the same time cripple us for seasons to come.
    McCoist never said it would be the best to stay in the SPL, those are Doncaster's words.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Knew McCoist's comments would come back to bite him in the ass. It's clear he doesn't understand the details of the different proposals, which is fine - not many people do fully understand it tbh - but he should just not comment otherwise.

He went from thinking Rangers were closer to liquidation on Sunday to being quite positive less 24 hours later.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/05/02/rangers-in-crisis-american-truck-tycoon-bill-miller-closing-in-on-hybrid-deal-to-buy-ibrox-club-86908-23844791/
    McCoist said: “Both potential purchasers have a newco as part of their plan but not liquidation.

“It’s an important point because I think the majority of fans don’t want liquidation.”

McCoist’s comments caused a great deal of consternation within the Kennedy-Murray camp yesterday.

Within an hour they had rushed out a statement which read: “Following inaccurate media reports, the Blue Knights/Brian Kennedy Consortium wishes to clarify its position.

“Firstly, on Saturday evening, April 28, 2012, we submitted a materially increased offer which will be confirmed by the administrators, Duff & Phelps.

“Secondly, and for the avoidance of doubt, our offer is conditional on a CVA and the delivery of Craig Whyte’s shares. If successful, this will retain the SPL membership share in RFC 1899.”

No way will Whyte/White give up his shares, yet alone the acceptance of the BK's CVA offer. Looks like Miller is the last hope for Rangers - and then it's bye bye history as far as I can see.

Agreed that McCoist should stick to the sporting side of things, but you can't blame him for answering questions when journalists mob him with it.

I heard he got more administration questions after last week's game than about the game itself, says it all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Agreed that McCoist should stick to the sporting side of things, but you can't blame him for answering questions when journalists mob him with it.

I heard he got more administration questions after last week's game than about the game itself, says it all.

I don't blame him, in fact I have sympathy for him in so far as he's pretty much been the only voice of Rangers in the past two months which is shameful tbh.

And I know the journalists mob him for answers, but tbh he should just point blank refuse to answer any questions around administration and direct them to D&P. It's not fair on him, and he can get peoples' hope up with incorrect information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

PauloMN wrote: »
    Knew McCoist's comments would come back to bite him in the ass. It's clear he doesn't understand the details of the different proposals, which is fine - not many people do fully understand it tbh - but he should just not comment otherwise.

He went from thinking Rangers were closer to liquidation on Sunday to being quite positive less 24 hours later.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/05/02/rangers-in-crisis-american-truck-tycoon-bill-miller-closing-in-on-hybrid-deal-to-buy-ibrox-club-86908-23844791/

No way will Whyte/White give up his shares, yet alone the acceptance of the BK's CVA offer. Looks like Miller is the last hope for Rangers - and then it's bye bye history as far as I can see.

Remember, Miller's bid is based on the SPL/SFA waiving any further punishments on the club. the SPL will not agree to this.

Advertisement