Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Dempsey wrote: »
    Juninho didnt have a dual contract though

sssshhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Walter and his consortium have pulled out, he did wish the new Rangers club well though...good to see he isn't claiming that the old club still exists under a new company name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18503656

Walter Smith group drops bid for club

The consortium led by former manager Walter Smith has withdrawn its offer to take over the 'newco'

It really is the gift that keeps on giving... You couldn't make this up!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Surely the Swallow Swallow servers won't be able to handle any more meltdowns? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Looks like he walked away..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Wonder will Ally walk away now as well? Got the impression he might have stayed on the news that Smith was going to be involved..... maybe not now.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Surely the Swallow Swallow servers won't be able to handle any more meltdowns? :eek:
    Man, you have to read the thread over there titled "Sir David Murray... You utter utter" .... It's fúckin GOLD!
    ColeTrain wrote: »
    Looks like he walked away..
    BOOM!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18509619

BBC Scotland has learned that Charles Green's Sevco 5088 company is not currently permitted to inherit the name 'The Rangers Football Club'.
    Any attempt to adopt the name 'The Rangers Football Club' would require the approval of the liquidators, BDO.

LOL, did they really expect to be able to take that name without running into problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    You said they had players they wouldn't have been able to get, that's why I said it.

You can choose any timeframe you want and study the minutiae within that timeframe - the bottom line is that trophies were gained in extremely dubious circumstances; circumstances that gave an unfair advantage - it follows that trophies should be forfeited.

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18509619

BBC Scotland has learned that Charles Green's Sevco 5088 company is not currently permitted to inherit the name 'The Rangers Football Club'.

LOL, did they really expect to be able to take that name without running into problems?

Better and funnier this gets every minute... And here was me thinking yesterday it was gonna be a quiet 2 weeks till the 4th.

And it's nowhere near December 25th

I think Dave King will be right, Charles Green wont last a year!

Man, you have to read the thread over there titled "Sir David Murray... You utter utter" .... It's fúckin GOLD!

BOOM!!!

Any chance of a login?
    I got banned about a year ago, never even got a chance to post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Alex Thompson says a lawyer connected with a former Rangers managers has tild C4 news that a massive fraud is about to come out.

Sounds interesting...

Any chance of a login?

Banned without posting? :D What did you do to earn that? Dodgy timmy-ish username or something?

Any chance of a login?

Yeah no bother, I'll pm it to ya. Don't give it around incase it gets banned though. :D

• Advertisement

Banned without posting? :D What did you do to earn that? Dodgy timmy-ish username or something?

I had a solid Rangers name.
    maybe they copped on to the fact that I was only logging in when they lost :)

Alex Thompson says a lawyer connected with a former Rangers managers has tild C4 news that a massive fraud is about to come out.

Sounds interesting...

I think it relates to Souness & his EBT.

Yeah no bother, I'll pm it to ya. Don't give it around incase it gets banned though. :D

Much appreciated ST. The place is in turmoil.

I see they're worried about this.
    alex thomson‏@alextomo

Lawyer connected to fmr Rangers manager tells #c4news "there's a massive fraud in Rangers waiting to come out"

Is this why Walter has withdrawn?

I am confused, who or whom is committing a fraud?

Green, Murray, Whyte, Duff & Phelps?

Chancers, the lot of them!

I had a solid Rangers name.
    maybe they copped on to the fact that I was only logging in when they lost :)

Probably checked your ip address

• Advertisement

Probably checked your ip address

Because it's an Irish IP? Wouldn't surprise one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

lol....what's that word again?

Starts with an O, ends in bsession?

Much appreciated ST. The place is in turmoil.

I see they're worried about this.

nwlh0j.gif

Eirebear wrote: »

I think we're allowed to be obsessed with the week that was in it :)

One of the biggest scandals in football history and all Rangers supporters do is judge people for discussing it. :rolleyes:

One of the biggest scandals in football history and all Rangers supporters do is judge people for discussing it. :rolleyes:

Not quite what i was getting at.
    ;)

BOOM!!!
    Any chance of a login?

;)

If I was as obsessed as you think then surely I wouldn't need to ask Savage Tyrant for a login ;)

The fact of the matter is this is hugely entertaining and if it was Celtic being liquidated then you'd have the popcorn out too.

How's that obsession though? Are there no oldco fans with lurking accounts on Celtic forums?
    Of course we're going to want to look in at the meltdown while it happens.

;)

Rangers fans never lurk on Celtic websites

You're not the only Rangers supporter that has been calling people obsessed in an effort to derail the thread

Not derailing anything, discuss away.

I just find it funny that your all sharing a wee peek at what the bears are up to, christ I don't even have an FF log in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

No clue what to think of that statement by Smith.

Why not say 'This is why we pulled out of the negotiations', instead of all that smoke and mirrors.

No clue what to think of that statement by Smith.

Why not say 'This is why we pulled out of the negotiations', instead of all that smoke and mirrors.
    "Members of our consortium had met with Charles Green and Zeus Capital prior to the CVA (company voluntary agreement) meeting and it had been agreed that we would be provided with significant information which would give us comfort as to the identity of the consortium members, their strategy and their funding capacity.

"This information had not been forthcoming by the date of our offer.

"We are therefore withdrawing completely from the process to enable Charles Green and his consortium to move forward.

Green is pulling a stroke me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I'm piling on the pounds with all this jelly and icecream

I'm almost starting to feel bad for rangers fans... almost :D

They need to be stripped of titles, they cheated for years and years.

I just find it funny that your all sharing a wee peek at what the bears are up to, christ I don't even have an FF log in!

I don't think any of the Celtic fans really give a **** about FF to be honest. It's just a laugh, nothing else. Permaraged Bears are always good for a laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Say Rangers in some form or other can't take part in the SPL next season, does that make the Sky/ESPN tv rights deal null and void? I know if I was Sky/ESPN I wouldn't want to be paying 80 million for Celtic v Hearts, the 80 million is for the 4 Rangers v Celtic games each year.

I don't think any of the Celtic fans really give a **** about FF to be honest. It's just a laugh, nothing else. Permaraged Bears are always good for a laugh!

They care enough to register on it and pretend to be Rangers fans.

Only because those who run the site have an obsession with banning people!!!

You get a better laugh out of the comments because those who post think it's a Rangers-only fan site. ;)

Say Rangers in some form or other can't take part in the SPL next season, does that make the Sky/ESPN tv rights deal null and void? I know if I was Sky/ESPN I wouldn't want to be paying 80 million for Celtic v Hearts, the 80 million is for the 4 Rangers v Celtic games each year.

No, Sky/ESPN have already stated that they'll be covering the SPL next season no matter what happens Rangers.
    Only because those who run the site have an obsession with banning people!!!

You get a better laugh out of the comments because those who post think it's a Rangers-only fan site. ;)

And they post some outrageous opinions thinking that its a closed shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

well if FF posters are as vile as those on rangersmedia then i dont want to look at it. :cool:

• Advertisement

How very DARE you???.... I would NEVER pretend to be a fan of Rangers V.1 or The Pretendy Rangers!
    It's a lurking account only. 0 posts in 4 years! :D ... That being said, it hasn't been fun reading it the 3 years previous to this season! :pac:

well if FF posters are as vile as those on rangersmedia then i dont want to look at it. :cool:

I see what you did there.
    Tbf, the muddleboards t&c's are a terrifying read in themselves, I dread to think what the actual forum is like!

The vast majority of Rangers fans on FF are well aware that the place is infested with Celtic fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I see what you did there.
    Tbf, the muddleboards t&c's are a terrifying read in themselves, I dread to think what the actual forum is like!
    have never been on it either so i can't comment...

Our Battle now is to remain in the SPL with no sanctions

:D Deluded as well as permaraged.

Never read FF before except via links from elsewhere, it's interesting to get the views of the other side. They really hate Green though... almost as much as Whyte it seems.

:D Deluded as well as permaraged.

Never read FF before except via links from elsewhere, it's interesting to get the views of the other side. They really hate Green though... almost as much as Whyte it seems.

Some Loon-bag over there is even suggesting Newco should apply for membership to the MLS because "3 Canadian teams" already play there. :pac:
    He's not even joking!

• Advertisement

Some Loon-bag over there is even suggesting Newco should apply for membership to the MLS because "3 Canadian teams" already play there. :pac:
    He's not even joking!

I saw that, seriously, there really is some amount of nutjobs on that site!

Gotta feel for Big Eck though, Walter had already walked away before this even made the website ffs! :)
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4380649/I-heard-Walter-had-made-move-and-thought-AT-LAST.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18526104

I see Charles Green wants clubs to ignore sporting integrity and do "what is right financially". Doing what financially is right is listening to your fans when they are threatening boycotts left right and centre. He also insists he not here to make a quick buck but wait there is another bid on the table because he is stoking up the fear amongst rich Rangers supporters with his 'plans'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18527811
    Housebuilders and property developers Allan Stewart and Stephen McKenna plan to bid about £11m for the club.

They hope to run Rangers for two to three years before floating the company on the Stock Exchange and handing the club over to the fans.

They just keep crawling out of the woodwork. Nobody wanted to be the people that failed to get a CVA and have Rangers liquidated, Charles Green is quite happy to have that stigma attached to him, for a price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

I don't know how many more 'new bids' I can handle, this had taken 30 years of my life!

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I don't know how many more 'new bids' I can handle, this had taken 30 years of my life!
    Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

Stewart and McKenna - property developers. Linked to controversial deal with Glasgow council and commonwealth games land in Dalmarnock.

Hmmm, an awful amount of questionable individuals looking to be involved at Rangers and we havent even seen who is backing Green yet!

I think Green has played a blinder! ... He's set himself up to make a tidy profit for himself.
    Exactly what Whyte tried and failed to do.

That being said it could still all go tits up for him, but I think he'll turn a profit. He cares not a jot for the club or it's fans. Just the moolah!

• Advertisement
Advertisement