Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well Clyde are skeptical, another good statement from them http://www.clydefc.co.uk/statement.html
    alex thomson ‏@alextomo

League FC chairman: "Yes there's a fair bit of talk about a possible vote of no confidence in Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster."

Alot of clubs arent buying SFA or SPL brand of bull****.

Reagan, Doncaster & Sevco could be out of on their arses tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Rangers in the 3rd division, Doncaster and Regan sacked (Especially Regan) and proposals put in place for mass restructuring of the Scottish league.

Rangers fans want it, Celtic fans want it, Arbroath fans want it, Clyde's Fan wants it ;).

Why can't the authorities see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Meeting to start at 11 and it has been announced that Dundee will get to vote, so 30 possible votes

Another great statement from Clyde http://www.clydefc.co.uk/statement2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

2lkwppg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

2lkwppg.jpg

yeah, pretty much sums up the bullsh1t that is going on and why Rangers won't be listed there come the start of the season.

I feel today could be a very sad day for Scottish Football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

yeah, pretty much sums up the bullsh1t that is going on and why Rangers won't be listed there come the start of the season.

It's exactly why it should happen imo.

The cash injection for these clubs and the rest as Rangers rise up the divisions will be a huge benefit to the game.

Why it should happen is because its the rules and exceptions should be made for noone

Meeting and vote over, Longmuir will address the media in 10 minutes

brian mclauchlin ‏@BBCBMcLauchlin

BBC Scotland has learned vote taken will put Rangers Newco in div 3

Here comes SPL2!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    Here comes SPL2!!!

When would they propose to do that by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Meeting and vote over, Longmuir will address the media in 10 minutes

Will it be televised anywhere?

PauloMN wrote: »

I'm joking!

The whole point of SPL2 is to get Sevco back into the SPL by next season. I dont think they can carry out that threat within ~16 days. It would be some farce for Doncaster and Reagan to try it even. They have enough votes of no confidence against them as it is!

Good point... For all the threats about it, there isn't very much time to formulate that now with the season just around the corner.

The press conference is live on Sky Sports News in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

BBC Sport‏@BBCSport

Newco Rangers will play in Division 3 of the SFL next season #bbcsportsday

I sincerely hope Doncaster and Regan leave it at that, so all of Scottish football can finally prepare for the upcoming season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm joking!

The whole point of SPL2 is to get Sevco back into the SPL by next season. I dont think they can carry out that threat within ~16 days. It would be some farce for Doncaster and Reagan to try it even. They have enough votes of no confidence against them as it is!

Well not this season obviously, but if they do it before the start of next season, Sevco essentially skip a division and would still be in the SPL a season earlier than under the current setup, no? (assuming they go straight through the divisions in each case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

today is the day Scottish league football dies

ricero wrote: »

Today is the rebirth of Scottish football. If clubs die, then so be it.

Only right decision.

Well run clubs should see this as an opportunity, and everyone should see that no club will escape punishments for wrong-doing.

Today is the day that current form of the SPL dies and good riddance to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Queens Park and Clyde will be their new local derbies.

Well not this season obviously, but if they do it before the start of next season, Sevco essentially skip a division and would still be in the SPL a season earlier than under the current setup, no? (assuming they go straight through the divisions in each case).

They believe Sky would wait 1 year but I dont know about 2, hence the SPL2 idea but its dead in the water imo

EDIT
    Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

Longmuir: Res 1: 29-1 Res 2: 25 in favour of Div 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I'm just imagining loads of people waking up, hungover to fcuk after yesterdays orgy of bigotry and getting this news...

:D

Feel a little sorry for the decent fans though, but its the best outcome all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

Delighted that the clubs didn't give into any of the bully boy tactics going on. I can't say i'm not absolutely delighted about this btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

fair play to the scottish clubs. only real option from the very start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

the correct decision was made to have rangers in SFL 3 for the new season, livingston were severely punished as well and were made to start from the SFL 3 when they had their difficulties a few years ago. it sends a message out what will happen if any of the other SPL clubs find themselves in a similar position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Absolute rubbish.

A club that has cheated is punished accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the only logical thing to do, but the fall out in the SPL is going to be very high surely?

mike65 wrote: »
    Its the only logical thing to do, but the fall out in the SPL is going to be very high surely?

i think it's being overstated. the tv deal is worth buttons in reality at £8m a year split among 12 clubs. and not having rangers coming to your stadium once or twice a year wouldn't see that much of a revenue drop, particularly when weighed against the massively increased likelihood of non-old firm clubs winning the occasional cup and qualifying for europe now

• Advertisement

It would have been dead if this DIDN'T happen... If one team is given unfair advantage over others then it ceases to be a "sport" and becomes a form of WWE-like "sports entertainment"

This is the chance Scottish football needs to be reborn. It may be hard going initially but the whole game could be stronger for it in 10/15 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Psychologically speaking the biggest losers here are Celtic supporters, sure they'll enjoy it for a few months but its going to be a very hollow league victory come next May.

Psychologically speaking the biggest losers here are Celtic supporters, sure they'll enjoy it for a few months but its going to be a very hollow league victory come next May.

in 3 or 4 years time i dont think they'll be winning the league at a canter any more. they now know they have to invest very little to win the league, and no player is going to join them on the basis of a few champions league games every year, so they'll see a massive drop in the standard of signings which could lead to a surprise increase in competitiveness in the medium term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They did not cheat. Yes I am sure they will miss the "banter" shall we say with Rangers fans, if/when(most likely the latter) they win the league next May that should not make the title any less an acheivement then their previous 40 odd titles.

"Rangers also get their wish to play in England! Berwick Rangers away :)"

As for Celtic fans, nothing we can do about it, Rangers fcuked up and got the right punishment in the end. I expect the quality of our signings will take some hit, but I don't think it will be as pronounced as some might think. It will be interesting to see if clubs like Dundee United can take advantage of the void, and be a stronger side when Sevco work their way up to the SPL.

As for the banter, well I don't think I'll miss it too much.... Hearts are always there for that! ;-)

While I am happy that the right thing has happened with respect to the vote, until the season kicks off and all teams have played a game I am not counting on Rangers actually being in division three
    alex thomson ‏@alextomo

WARNING. Club chairman "Everyone in that room heard that Stewart Regan informed Charles Green that there's no way "Rangers" will be in D3 .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Do Liverpool FC define themselves as "non-Everton"?

What you are saying about Celtic is just as stupid.

So when is Gazza signing?

And where's Brewster ffs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Could there be a major financial lost here for Celtic and could this cause Celtic to hit money problems?

Could there be a major financial lost here for Celtic and could this cause Celtic to hit money problems?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Not really, Celtic is the one club in Scotland that isn't dependent on another club/clubs financially, the TV money we keep hearing about is pittance and one decent run in Europe would offset that and the two Old Firm games a year in Celtic Park that will be lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

farce:

RANGERS STATEMENT ON CLUB WEBSITE
    "Rangers' future remains uncertain after the Scottish Football League clubs voted against the Light Blues playing in the First Division next season.

"At a meeting at Hampden today, the 30 member clubs agreed to accept Rangers into the SFL but voted against the SFL board being allowed to broker a deal with the SPL and SFA over new structures and procedures which would also include Rangers playing in Division One.

"It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Celtic, along with the others, will just have to cut their cloth according to their means. I know a lot less than others here about the financial situation with Celtic but if the other SPL clubs have to build a business model that isn't reliant on 4 big pay days a season and are forced to bring on young Scottish talent then some good might actually come out of this.

Now let's see if the SPL gets the make-over it so desperately needs......

farce:

"Rangers' future remains uncertain after the Scottish Football League clubs voted against the Light Blues playing in the First Division next season.

"At a meeting at Hampden today, the 30 member clubs agreed to accept Rangers into the SFL but voted against the SFL board being allowed to broker a deal with the SPL and SFA over new structures and procedures which would also include Rangers playing in Division One.

"It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

"Light Blues"? Since when do Rangers wear Light Blue?

Light Blue is the colour Man City wear - don't rangers wear Royal Blue?

RoyalBlue1.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmm........

From STV

In response to the decision, newco Rangers stated they understand that Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA chief executive Stewart Regan "will introduce a plan for SPL 2- which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

Hmmmmmmmmmm........

From STV

In response to the decision, newco Rangers stated they understand that Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA chief executive Stewart Regan "will introduce a plan for SPL 2- which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join."

I guarantee they will try to get this running for 2013/14 season. It's too late to even contemplate it for 2012/13. They'll be in SPL2 for 2013/14 with the intention of them being in SPL for 2014/15.

It's their next "least worst" case scenario I suppose. Only 2 years for Sky to be without them rather than at least 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So because the rules of the league have been upheld, the SPL are tearing up the rule book? Crooked, crooked, crooked.

What are the chances of those division one teams declining those invitations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

I guarantee they will try to get this running for 2013/14 season. It's too late to even contemplate it for 2012/13. They'll be in SPL2 for 2013/14 with the intention of them being in SPL for 2014/15.

It's their next "least worst" case scenario I suppose. Only 2 years for Sky to be without them rather than at least 3.

Surely the current SPL clubs could put a stop to this if they wanted to? Sporting integrity being all the rage just now.....

farce:

absolute disgrace

if the other clubs in the SFL have any balls they'll point blank refuse to join the SPL 2

even then though, the league would probably still run with rangers playing nobody every week and being promoted as champions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Helix wrote: »
    absolute disgrace

Whats a disgrace Rangers are only informing their fans what Tweedledee and Tweedledum are up to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement