Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Dempsey wrote: »
    There was a story about David Murray making a pass at Joanna Lumley back in the day, he had such an ego he thought he had a shot at getting her!

It was Joanna Lumley though, not Megan Fox, I wouldn't be slating the dudes ego for having a pop, I'd ridicule the battering it must have taken to be turned down. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Its all but official at this stage.

Why, because the media says so ?

We all know they're itching for this to happen, but there's this little thing called 'a verdict' which seems to be missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Why, because the media says so ?

We all know they're itching for this to happen, but there's this little thing called 'a verdict' which seems to be missing.

The media have been saying **** all AFAIK other than going through hypotheticals. I've been going on how the SPL investigation was conducted and the evidence that is in the public domain.

The verdict is done just not public, they've already said that there is a case to answer and they are waiting to see whether they go after Rangers or Sevco. Im sure you can figure that one out.

The media have been saying **** all AFAIK other than going through hypotheticals. I've been going on how the SPL investigation was conducted and the evidence that is in the public domain.

The verdict is done just not public, they've already said that there is a case to answer and they are waiting to see whether they go after Rangers or Sevco. Im sure you can figure that one out.

I'm not trying to contradict you or anything but are you sure of that or just assuming?

I'm not trying to contradict you or anything but are you sure of that or just assuming?

Yes, disciplinary charges have been ready for almost a month now

So if it's not public, how exactly do you know this ?

So if it's not public, how exactly do you know this ?

The SPL stated that Rangers have a case to answer about dual contracts and they'll charge ye when you actually have a football club in a Scottish football league again. How many different ways does this need to be said?

I thought you were talking about punishments, my bad.

Yeah, that still has to remain seen though, the whole 'we can't do anything until Rangers are playing in a league' argument is a bit weak.

The Herald are saying that there's talks to have an old firm game in the cup next season, if Rangers get a license.

Erm, how about a big fat **** off ?

The Herald are saying that there's talks to have an old firm game in the cup next season, if Rangers get a license.

Erm, how about a big fat **** off ?

Sky encouraging Old Firm Games to meet the clause? The SFA/SPL/SFL should just move on at this stage. This kind of chatter is embarrassing for Scottish Football

• Advertisement

Don't think Sky has anything to do with this, they're proposing it happens in the Glasgow Cup.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/glasgow-cup-proposed-as-vehicle-for-old-firm-fixture.18188401

Yeas, the same Glasgow Cup which saw it's last senior team games in 1988 and is now a youth cup.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Don't think Sky has anything to do with this, they're proposing it happens in the Glasgow Cup.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/glasgow-cup-proposed-as-vehicle-for-old-firm-fixture.18188401

Yeas, the same Glasgow Cup which saw it's last senior team games in 1988 and is now a youth cup.

I would imagine Sky has everything to do with it tbh.

:facepalm: Just when you think you've seen it all! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I've suggested a "charity shield" type showpiece game would do Scottish Football a favour for years in terms of TV revenue etc, especially as it would often feature Rangers and Celtic.

Now? Away and **** yerself SPL, SFA, SKY or whoever is behind this bull****.

It's amazing how much they're all tripping over themselves to "improve" our league now isn't it, shame they couldn't be arsed over the last 2 decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

Great list. Just a couple of things, what's the reference to "the clown" and "Joanna Lumley". She's not a fan of the club formerly known as Rangers is she?

That refers to how David Murray didn't have sex with Joanna Lumley according to a BBC investigation.

Not sure about the clown reference myself, there has been too many possible candidates in this saga to know which one was specifically identified as "the clown".

There was a mail sent out asking for money to be sent to something like info@bluenose.co.UK by the rfff

Check out www.bluenose.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

:facepalm: Just when you think you've seen it all! :eek:

I remember joking on here about the glasgow cup months ago, i know we shouldn't be shocked by anything that they try to pull anymore but the glasgow cup ffs. Hopefully both sets of fans boycott it if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I remember joking on here about the glasgow cup months ago, i know we shouldn't be shocked by anything that they try to pull anymore but the glasgow cup ffs. Hopefully both sets of fans boycott it if it happens.

Will one of them have to play Queens Park in a semi?

Will one of them have to play Queens Park in a semi?

Drag in Partick Thistle to make up the numbers!! :pac:

What those managing the game should be doing is looking at how to get all clubs performing financially better and implementing safeguards to prevent scenarios like what happened with Hearts and Rangers last season, Motherwell in the past. Upping the punishments when the **** has hit the fan is a lazy way of doing things.

We should be looking at copying how the Germans manage their club and leagues, definitely not how England do it. Because without tight financial and ownership controls coming from the top for all clubs, the best the SPL can ever hope to be is an EPL on a smaller scale and attracting far more dodgy businessmen to run clubs into the ground like Whyte, Green, Romanov, Murray, Kelly's, Whites etc to bleed clubs and fans

Claudio Reyna's son Jack, 13 years old, passed away due to cancer.

I can't even imagine how terrible that must be :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Holy fcuk, what a cruel situation

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That's dreadful. Bad enough for an adult to have to deal with cancer, but a young child... just wrong. RIP.

Heartbreaking. RIP Jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

R.I.P., little guy. My thoughts are with Claudio Reyna and his family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Christ - thats terrible. Thoughts with the family :-(

Ronnie MacKay ‏@RonnieMacKay
    It's been agreed with Sevco Scotland Ltd that the registration embargo will be accepted as a primary condition of a transfer of membership

the company directors of Sevco Scotland Ltd have chosen to accept the 12-month registration embargo.

This embargo will begin on 1st September 2012 and end on 31st August 2013.

Apparently it's not sure 100%, but this was always going to be the outcome.

At least it will enable us to get some players in to bridge that year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fair decision in my book. You have to at least allow them to put together a squad give all the players that have gone.

It'll be interesting to see the calibre of players that come in. I can imagine a good few mid-lower table SPL players would find it a very attractive chance.

I don't think it is a fair decision. Sevco are a new club therefore they should not be held liable for the sins of the liquidated Rangers. I totally disagree with the way Rangers assets were liquidated but as it stands, Sevco are a different entity to what went before therefore why would they even entertains this embargo?

They should just have said to the SFA, we are a new club and Rangers have nothing to do with us therefore refuse us a licence if you dare

I don't think it is a fair decision. Sevco are a new club therefore they should not be held liable for the sins of the liquidated Rangers. I totally disagree with the way Rangers assets were liquidated but as it stands, Sevco are a different entity to what went before therefore why would they even entertains this embargo?

They should just have said to the SFA, we are a new club and Rangers have nothing to do with us therefore refuse us a licence if you dare

They left enough holes in their rules for days like this, farcical stuff

Unless they pay the debts of Rangers, take all the punishments for the past actions of Rangers they cannot be Rangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Unless they pay the debts of Rangers, take all the punishments for the past actions of Rangers they cannot be Rangers

So if they're to carry over the debts, why can't they cary over the history?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

If we take these punishments and as its the old share thats been transferred then yes the history will remain there is no other way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

They aren't carrying over the 80m debts though which Is why the old club was liquidated.

I'd agree the SFA rules are farcical.. for example where do sevco get 3 yrs audited accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Old Gill wrote: »

I'd agree the SFA rules are farcical.. for example where do sevco get 3 yrs audited accounts?

Don't need them when it's a membership transfer.

Don't choke on your diners now:
    The SFL won't strip Rangers of the six League Cups won between 2001 ans 2010 if the Club is found guilty of making undisclosed payments to players vai EBT's during those years.

SFA and SPL chiefs had worked on a draft document which would erase five league titles and four Scottish Cups if an ongoing investigation finds the club guilty of breaking rules over EBT's.

But the League Cup is run by the SFL and Rangers won that trophy 1n 2001-02, 2002-03, 2004-05, 2007-08,2009--10, 2010-11.

Evening Times.

And Traynor has mentioned that the SFA have no interest in stripping our Scottish Cups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbYmjuTwrs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Don't choke on your diners now:

Evening Times.

And Traynor has mentioned that the SFA have no interest in stripping our Scottish Cups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbYmjuTwrs

Good news.

I'm pretty sure the SFL guy, Doncaster, said he wasn't interested in pursuing this stripping trophies nonsense either.

I welcome Ally McCoist's statement today as well - good to hear the club are robustly resisting this latest attempt at sticking the boot in. How much more flesh do Rangers-haters want, FFS?

Enough is enough.

good to hear the club are robustly resisting this latest attempt at sticking the boot in. How much more flesh do Rangers-haters want, FFS?

Enough is enough.

So Mr spaceman, what boot has actually hit Rangers then?

So Mr spaceman, what boot has actually hit Rangers then?

The punishments/sanctions, of which there have been many.

I think clubs and the SFA have to decide whether dragging Rangers further into the gutter is more important than moving on and trying to make Scottish football a better product.

Murray and Whyte have done their worst to Rangers, before the authorities finished the job. Well, almost.

We're now starting all over again from the bottom. You may disagree but I think that's quite enough to be getting on with.

The punishments/sanctions, of which there have been many.

Tell me the many punishments & sanctions and what they were for then?

Only Celtic fans think that a point deduction, relegation and transfer ban are 'not enough'.

After all, those are not 'punishments', they're 'perfectly normal' :rolleyes:

Instead of going round in circles I wish they would just admit that they want us to be gone for good, at least then we know they're honest.

Tell me the many punishments & sanctions and what they were for then?

Is this a serious question or have you been living on the moon for the last six months?

I'm not actually going to indulge you.

It is a serious question as you seem to think that old Rangers was ganged up on when the truth is much different.

What punishments and what were they for? Do you disagree that Rangers should have got any punishment?

• Advertisement

Only Celtic fans think that a point deduction, relegation and transfer ban are 'not enough'.

Instead of going round in circles I wish they would just admit that they want us to be gone for good, at least then we know they're honest.

You weren't relegated. Your club was folded. Amazing you think you were relegated just because the rules were not bent to allow you into the SPL or Div 1.

PauloMN wrote: »
    You weren't relegated. Your club was folded. Amazing you think you were relegated just because the rules were not bent to allow you into the SPL or Div 1.

The holding company, the PLC was folded - not the club.

The holding company, the PLC was folded - not the club.

So you think you were relegated to Div 3? It's not the same club.

Rangers went into Administration - 10 point deduction
    Rangers were liquidated - ceased to exist
    Sevco bought the assets - a new club
    Sevco tried to get into the SPL - rejected
    Sevco tried to get into the SFL Div 1 - rejected
    Sevco tried to get into the SFL Div 3 - in progress

PauloMN wrote: »
    So you think you were relegated to Div 3? It's not the same club.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

So are you going to let us in on the punishments & sanctions that have torn flesh off Rangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

So are you going to let us in on the punishments & sanctions that have torn flesh off Rangers?

Actually I think the most frightening one is the thought of Celtic fans boycotting Irn Bru because weare not getting punished enough ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Since when did the SPL start relegating two clubs per season? I don't believe in this hunting Rangers out of Scottish football completely, but sanctions and punishments have to be issued, as well as an overall tidy up of Scottish football in general, so that this doesn't happen again

Sorry, as of this moment in time, Rangers still exists. They are in administration pending liquidation, their SPL share transferred to Dundee and Sevco are attempting to get their SFA membership by whatever loophole will do. If they fail to get SFA membership, they cannot play professional football, they are not a football club as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Eh no, rangers didn't try to get into division 1. The SFA/SPL and their laughable 'sporting integrity' ideology tried to bully the SFL into allowing rangers into division 1.

Advertisement