Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mission - Walking distance in town

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

This also begs the whole 9.99 question ........

Now on sale price / best offer yadda yadda yadda yours exclusively for the brilliant bargain sum of ONLY 9.99 .......

It's a fupping tenner !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If Chip Inn have any cop-on they will put a sign beside it saying 'Chip Inn 20 seconds walk'.

I'd even take it to.. "Chip Inn, sure aren't you practically atin' them already" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They could even have a lollipop lady (can we call them that anymore?)/sandwich board guy(just to even things up) to bring customers across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

one of the best worse thread ive ever seen on boards. its a classic,
    of i go now to supermacs, yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

snubbleste wrote: »
    Passed by earlier and obseved that the 2 has changed to a 5. This happened at some point in the last day. I hold grave concerns that boards are popular with the entity concerned.
    So now the sign has changed to 5 minutes walk.

Haha :p I forgot to get back to this thread. Just saw it bumped. I was bored in college at the time and emailed S'macs to see what they'd say...
    Hi, I'm contacting you regarding your sign on The Headford Road in Galway. It states "Supermac's Eyre Equare, 2 Minutes Walk". Using Google Maps you can see the shortest walking route to Supermac's Eyre Square from the sign is 600 meters. That would mean you would need to walk at 5m/s to get there in 2mins. The current fastest Guinness World Record for speed walking is held by Mikhail Shchennikov (Russia) with a speed of 4.6 meters/second. If the world record speed walker can't make it in 2 mins, I don't think the average Galwegian has any hope. I look forward to your response. Regards

to which Supermacs' marketing manager replied...
    Thanks for your e mail. I will test this route myself this afternoon and record the time. We can have this amended if it takes longer.

to which I helpfully responded
    Thank you for your reply. To aid your walk this afternoon here's the shortest walking distance mapped out (600m);
    http://g.co/maps/6wefb

You will need to cover 5 meters every second, a bit faster than the current record. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Regards

Never heard back, since the sign changed I assume he never made it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

LOL. Well done. You should email him/her again and ask how they got on. You might get a free Snack Box out of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

J o e wrote: »
    Haha :p I forgot to get back to this thread. Just saw it bumped. I was bored in college at the time and emailed S'macs to see what they'd say.. ...
    It is sooooo important to tackle misleading advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Haha, I can't believe they changed the sign. You should send them another email saying that the time to Headford Rd. is longer than 5 minutes, lol. I love the part in your email, 'I look forward to hearing how you get on.' :D

Advertisement