Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Disgruntled buyer

Options
  • 13-02-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All/

Story starts in October of last year, bought an item for nearly €5000 seller was registered as a business seller and had over 1300 positive feedback. Due to the amount paypal could not facilitate this until i upped the limit which would have taken a month till i receive credit card bill with a pin so i done a direct transfer, Needless to say never received item, opened a case, reported as fraud have spent about 4 hours on phone to ebay getting bounced all over the world. I also got on to various trading bodies no help, ebay will not provide me with address for seller due to privacy, so i cant take it any further, have tried me bank the bank i sent the money to, the uk police the guards, Is it just me or are the fraudsters way better protected than the normal user, Just wondering if any body has had the same type dealing and if they got any where with it????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

You must be joking, you sent somebody you didn't know a transfer for €5,000 - on eBay - and after all that has been posted about eBay scammers on this and other forums. Out of curiosity, what was the item and is the seller still trading on eBay? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mickquinn05

You must be joking, you sent somebody you didn't know a transfer for €5,000 - on eBay - and after all that has been posted about eBay scammers on this and other forums. Out of curiosity, what was the item and is the seller still trading on eBay? :confused:

It was for a fluke dtx 1800, she sold 4 of these units. Well they were listed as a business user and had sold over 1400 differant items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

It was for a fluke dtx 1800, she sold 4 of these units. Well they were listed as a business user and had sold over 1400 differant items

Are they still selling on eBay?

Are they still selling on eBay?

Nope the account was removed only last week. But they have not sold any other items since the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,349 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If you gave them money via Bank Transfer then my limited understanding here is that you are goosed.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    If you gave them money via Bank Transfer then my limited understanding here is that you are goosed.

Yeah that was my guess, but with that I still can't believe the protection the people who carry out the fraud are giving. Like have provided there bank details to all the various bodies that are suppose to handle these type things, but as of yet have yet to get any answer or even someone to say they would look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That's awful. Scammers piss me right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yeah that was my guess, but with that I still can't believe the protection the people who carry out the fraud are giving. Like have provided there bank details to all the various bodies that are suppose to handle these type things, but as of yet have yet to get any answer or even someone to say they would look into it

If you can still see their feedback in Ebay contact people who left feedback for the seller, explain your situation and try to get them to check email's as they might have the street address for the seller, also I thought business sellers have their address included in the listings.

nava wrote: »

If you can still see their feedback in Ebay contact people who left feedback for the seller, explain your situation and try to get them to check email's as they might have the street address for the seller, also I thought business sellers have their address included in the listings.

That's some good thinking on the feed back,

Advertisement