Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap 'Unlocked' Mobile Phone

Options
  • 13-02-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Can anyone point me to where I can buy a cheap unlocked phone? I just want it to use my '48 Months' sim I received.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

K3v wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to where I can buy a cheap unlocked phone? I just want it to use my '48 Months' sim I received.

Any of the chinese run mobile phone shops in Dublin City Centre do them,or go to the likes of Harvey Norman and buy a sim free Nokia or Samsung (very basic mobile phone) for 20-25 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

you may be able to get your own phone unlocked by your network provider - this can usually be done by logging in online eg vodafone will do it for oyu if you have topped up by minimum €127

otherwise...yes you will get a cheap sim free phone for about €40 ...but it wont be a smartphone and that could be what you actually want if you want to avail of the data option and have fun with apps:)

snowdaze wrote: »
    you may be able to get your own phone unlocked by your network provider - this can usually be done by logging in online eg vodafone will do it for oyu if you have topped up by minimum €127

otherwise...yes you will get a cheap sim free phone for about €40 ...but it wont be a smartphone and that could be what you actually want if you want to avail of the data option and have fun with apps:)

How is the 1st option cheap??:eek:: (as per what the OP has stated...cheap)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

I already have a LG optimus 7. I just need a cheap phone to use my 48 sim card in. Want to use it for the cheap calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

your request is not clear...

do you want a second phone?

if you do then buy a cheap one

some here

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/category/SIM-Free%20Phone%20Listings/1.8

but they arent smartphones of course:D

if you just want to use your 48 SIM then unlock the phone you have - it is easy and free in most cases...like I said earlier....lots of places that do ulnlocking too

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Sorry if i was not clear, I want to get a spare phone to use the 48 sim I got. I already have an unlocked smartphone that I use with my existing number. I dont want to port over my number to 48, so hence the reason to look for another phone.

I am starting to build my own house by direct labour, so I thought it would be handy to have the 48 sim to make all the calls that I will most certainly be making over the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Harvey norman have phone from 18 last time i was in

your request is not clear...

do you want a second phone?

if you do then buy a cheap one

How is it not clear???

Very clear to me,as per my reply to the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Olly.kerry

24.99 Samsung cobble in meteor. Already unlocked!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

I dont know if they always are, but the last 3 phones I have bought from cpw online for meteor network have been unlocked....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I don't know if you are still looking, but I have a white 16GB 4S in an as new condition including packaging, fully factory unlocked because it was bought in the Apple Store in Belfast. Have the receipt and everything. Let me know if you're interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

If you are still looking buy the samsung flip phone in the meteor store, buy a payg sim with €10 credit and the phones free. Network free also.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Feardorca

Could someone tell me a cheap phone sim free that will work in the USA and Ireland, Thanks everyone

Advertisement