Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition

Options
  • 13-02-2012 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

The petition doesnt work for me. I give my details and click next and nothing happens. Preview remains blank and this sending messages thing just goin on at the bottom.

Sending Messages

loader.gif

Is it working for others ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Works for me. May be an idea if you said what browser you are using...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Any potential script blockers or the likes installed?

Only this I can say I don't like it is using my registered boards.ie email address, but also not being able to edit it to use a different one should I prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Get so used to surfing with add blocker that ya forget its there. :o

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I posted a similar question elsewhere but maybe it is better placed here in somebody else's unrelated thread.

What is the privacy policy for the petition? Are addresses & other contact details stored by Boards in any way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I posted a similar question elsewhere but maybe it is better placed here in somebody else's unrelated thread.

What is the privacy policy for the petition? Are addresses & other contact details stored by Boards in any way?

We are keeping record of you sending an email to TD x, and a hash of your message (not the contents, but an encrypted version of them that can't be decrypted by us). We keep these so that in the event of somebody using the form to send abusive/threatening messages, if necessary the TD can forward on the message and we can check to see if it was actually sent from the petition page.

Boards.ie are not storing your contact details or address details and we're not monitoring the text of the messages you're sending. Hopefully this clears it up.

Advertisement