Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth pitch and putt course

Options
  • 13-02-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what happened to Maynooth pitch and putt club. I have vague memories that there was one in the town but apparently not anymore.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I think it became the fishing place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

That's interesting , I have been playing Pitch and Putt in Celbridge for 10 years , with a group some of whom have played for 20 odd years, none of them have ever mentioned a club in Maynooth . Never knew there was one there at one time !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Staplor wrote: »
    I think it became the fishing place

Incorrect. It's on the same road, a little closer to the town. Tje gate after the last house on the left.

My understanding is it was left dormant for a number of years in order to obtain planning permission (it would be difficult to get planning on amenity land) for apartments.

Has been left idle since about 2001 or so I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Terry365

I had a look at the OSI website and the course was there on the 1995 aerials but not on the 2000 aerials. Shame its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Where is the 'fishing place'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Where is the 'fishing place'?

http://g.co/maps/fpc35

The lakes there.

Advertisement