Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online sponsorship sites for Mount Kilimanjaro climb

• 13-02-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

This summer I am hopefully going to be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro with 16 other teachers and students for charities both in Ireland and Tanzania where we will be staying.

For this trip we have to fund raise €4500, €500 for the charities and €4000 for our own costs like flights and accommodation.

My question is, Is there any website where people can sponsor me for this trip, where the money goes to me, not to a charities account... I need this because I know many people abroad who will sponsor me this way, and also because each participant is paying into a particular account, and then it is vein given to charity, not directly to their account...

So if anyone has any idea's... <Mod EDIT>

nim

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

nimrod86 wrote: »

For this trip we have to fund raise €4500, €500 for the charities and €4000 for our own costs like flights and accommodation.

:eek: Surely there's a more effective way to raise money for charity. But that aside, no I don't think there is such a website. If you want people to pay into your account you could just make up your own website with a Donate Now button attached to a paypal account. I hope you'll be letting people know that €1 out of every €9 will be reaching the charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

dory wrote: »
    nimrod86 wrote: »

:eek: Surely there's a more effective way to raise money for charity. But that aside, no I don't think there is such a website. If you want people to pay into your account you could just make up your own website with a Donate Now button attached to a paypal account. I hope you'll be letting people know that €1 out of every €9 will be reaching the charity.

Yeah, people will be told that it's also trying to lower my own costs... Not going to try con people!

Advertisement