Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favorite drug?

• 13-02-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

For me I'd have to say it depends on the occasion. For a typical weeknight marijuana is my preferred choice; it's relatively cheap, no "hangover" so it's not too bad getting up for college, makes the night a lot better and it's reasonably safe to drive home after. On the other hand if there's an occasion of some sort with a lot of people going out I'll have a lash of cans/pints and maybe a line of coke if I have enough drink consumed.

Overall my favorite would have to be drink.

So good folks of AH what's your favorite drug? Include both legal and illegal drugs if you wish.

Thanks for reading
    ids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Love:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Used to love a lot of them but take none of them now, My favourite drug at the moment is alcohol as it's the only one i regularly consume.

I suppose it would have been weed, Used to love just sitting down and watching a film smoking a few.. For when i was out years ago, E.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭nimrod86

In before the Guards arrive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

alcohol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I used to really enjoy good MDMA.
    One of the head shot bath salts were quite good too. Good times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tea

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Alcohol for me :pac: :P

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I believe that consuming any illegal substance is a direct attack on the Irish sense of morality and a slap in the face of our collective ethics. Laws are in place not just to protect us from consuming dangerous products developed in unregulated labs by unqualified chemists but to also ensure we are not financially supporting those who engage in incomprehensible assaults on the Irish people.

On a completely unrelated note: I hear ecstasy is good for nights out and cannabis for nights in. I haven't heard much in the way of cocaine but I'd like to hear about it some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Any surf session. Every wave feels like a new experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Irish potstill whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

PCP Angel Dust, great stuff on a monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Coffee.......no crack

I mean Coffee

no!!! Crack really, it's Crack....defo

Wait....Coffee.......

Eh.........Crack.....

Can I get back to ya??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Immodium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

gear is unreal bud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Definitely Alcohol, no interest whatsoever in drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

idunnoshur wrote: »
    What's your favorite drug?

Charlie Sheen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Seachmall wrote: »
    I believe that consuming any illegal substance is a direct attack on the Irish sense of morality and a slap in the face of our collective ethics. Laws are in place not just to protect us from consuming dangerous products developed in unregulated labs by unqualified chemists but to also ensure we are not financially supporting those who engage in incomprehensible assaults on the Irish people.

On a completely unrelated note: I hear ecstasy is good for nights out and cannabis for nights in. I haven't heard much in the way of cocaine but I'd like to hear about it some time.

If one were a person who doesn't get a dancey buzz off MDMA I would assume it could be excellent for a night in in the right company and in the right setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Some people think alcohol is a drug, its not a drug, its a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Opiates, Cocaine and Ephedrine, alcohol and Paracetamol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oh yes, I'm absolutely cuckoo about crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

paracetamol.... with codeine if the pharmacy allow:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Coke is crap and very dangerous. I suppose Tea would be my fave as I consume it every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Favorite: Alcohol

Biggest drug i'm addicted to : Nicotine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Endorphins.

amacachi wrote: »
    If one were a person who doesn't get a dancey buzz off MDMA I would assume it could be excellent for a night in in the right company and in the right setting.

I hear there's nothing better than coming in from a club and chatting with friends for a few hours while the buzz dies down, occasionally having a fit of dancing when a good song comes on.

But when around the wrong people it's ****ing horrendous (from what I hear).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

Definitely Alcohol, no interest whatsoever in other drugs.

I'd have to say I'm completely different to you, I'd love to try a few more drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Weed/Hash..:D

coffee

• Advertisement

I hear crack is really moreish.

I hear there's nothing better than coming in from a club and chatting with friends for a few hours while the buzz dies down, occasionally having a fit of dancing when a good song comes on.

But when around the wrong people it's ****ing horrendous (from what I hear).

I've heard stuff like that as well. I assume though that some people just don't get dancey whatsoever and their whole buzz is directed towards chatting and rubbing their hands together with some moisturiser. I would think that could be a nice sensation. Brushing one's teeth with a mild toothpaste also could be fun from what I've heard.

Yeah I'd imagine it wouldn't be fun around the wrong people which is why there's probably some people who like to just stick to what they know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

In has to be acid.

And none-o-dem blotter yokes either.

I'm talking actual acid.

sulfuric acid baby... H2SO4---

Feel the burn. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

later10 wrote: »
    In has to be acid.

And none-o-dem blotter yokes either.

I'm talking actual acid.

sulfuric acid baby... H2SO4---

Feel the burn. :cool:

Does the business in a car battery sure enough. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I enjoy a particularly potent drug combination of both hot chocolate and coffee mixed together... an expensive habit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

MDMA is very enjoyable with good friends and good music. Hard to beat even with a big stick. But pharmaceutical grade narcotics is where my heart is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

it's reasonably safe to drive home after.

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Codeine. I don't need it, and rarely take it, but still my favorite. The illegal drugs are too much of a hassle to get, and a bit more social and since I'm forever alone...:D
    Pity there isn't a safe way to demethylate it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Mdma is heavenly, the hangover gets worse the more you do it though so best take it on rare occasions. Take decent E around your best mates and prepare to tell every one of them how much you love them, over and over again, beautiful drug!

Acid is mind blowing but not something you'd want to be doing often at all

Not big on weed or alcohol anymore, but end up drinking more often than I'd like because I can't stand being around drunk people when sober

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Has to be WEED....or on a night out, em weed and bud....when the waky backy is gone we would go on to the fags and stay on the bud.

So:

Early in the night: weed and bud
    later in the night: fags and bud
    the next morning: tea and lots of it....

amacachi wrote: »
    I've heard stuff like that as well. I assume though that some people just don't get dancey whatsoever and their whole buzz is directed towards chatting and rubbing their hands together with some moisturiser. I would think that could be a nice sensation. Brushing one's teeth with a mild toothpaste also could be fun from what I've heard.
    The guy I heard this stuff off is big into banter when rolling, dances a bit but only because he tends to drop at dance/techno gigs where dancing is inevitable. Haven't heard about brushing your teeth, I must tell him to try it out.
    Yeah I'd imagine it wouldn't be fun around the wrong people which is why there's probably some people who like to just stick to what they know.
    I remember hearing a story of going to Burger King after rolling for a chat (couldn't eat, mouth was too dry) and getting talking with this gay Brazilian lad. I only mention he's gay because he wouldn't shut up about it. The whole conversation became about him and it was so fucking tedious. He then tried to go home with them in the taxi. He was the literal term "Buzz Kill" personified.

• Advertisement

Really?

It's not too bad, I'm normally so afraid of getting caught that I go everywhere at a snails pace and indicate and the whole lot. I've often woken up in bed safe and sound after smoking the night before and not remembering driving home. It's a lot better than driving langers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I don't really like alcohol at all, so weed.

I even made up my own code phrase for it. :rolleyes:

Drug I'm most addicted to: Nicotine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Cocaine.

No, not cocaine... raisins.

robman60 wrote: »
    I even made up my own code phrase for it. :

I have my own one too, what's yours?

The guy I heard this stuff off is big into banter when rolling, dances a bit but only because he tends to drop at dance/techno gigs where dancing is inevitable. Haven't heard about brushing your teeth, I must tell him to try it out.

I remember hearing a story of going to Burger King after rolling for a chat (couldn't eat, mouth was too dry) and getting talking with this gay Brazilian lad. I only mention he's gay because he wouldn't shut up about it. The whole conversation became about him and it was so fucking tedious. He then tried to go home with them in the taxi. He was the literal term "Buzz Kill" personified.
    I remember hearing somewhere that finding lots of little things to do is a good idea. A quiet night in with it could be awesome if one had a strobe light for the start and then loads of soft fairy lights across the ceiling. Little things like teeth-brushing or handrubbing is good for some people apparently, I imagine there's a lot of other things that moral degenerates who take MDMA could find to suit themselves as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

It's not too bad, I'm normally so afraid of getting caught that I go everywhere at a snails pace and indicate and the whole lot. I've often woken up in bed safe and sound after smoking the night before and not remembering driving home. It's a lot better than driving langers anyway.

So you don't remember the drive home but believe that its safe to do :confused: :rolleyes: .Any mind altering drug be it alcohol, medication, weed etc impairs you so driving couldn't be safe. Even someone tanked up on alcohol driving at a snails pace isn't driving safely

Nick

robman60 wrote: »
    I don't really like alcohol at all, so weed.

I even made up my own code phrase for it. :rolleyes:

Same here.

You know it's going to be a good night if Wayne is calling over.

Once while "talking to" Wayne myself and a friend came up with a whole "Wayne is the voice in your head who retells the jokes you just heard in a much funnier manner (laughing at stupid jokes). He's the guy who tells you to stop and think before you do something (delayed reactions). The guy who keeps sketch and recognises every unfamiliar noise (paranoia)..." spiel. It went on for about 20 minutes.

It's much funnier when Wayne is describing it to you. :pac:
    amacachi wrote:
    I remember hearing somewhere that finding lots of little things to do is a good idea. A quiet night in with it could be awesome if one had a strobe light for the start and then loads of soft fairy lights across the ceiling. Little things like teeth-brushing or handrubbing is good for some people apparently, I imagine there's a lot of other things that moral degenerates who take MDMA could find to suit themselves as well.
    Definitely, I think I might advise my friend to stay in this weekend. I'd say he should try just "relaxing" on it.

What a waster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I'm all about the Calpol. The purple stuff, not that horrible orange ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yo! MTV SUCKS

has to be a bit of mdma,if you can get your hands on a bit of quality mdma no matter what your gunna have a cracker of a night,any one tried these new def qon 1's yet,sound fuppin unreal:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement