Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favorite drug?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Odysseus wrote: »
    How is it a cleaner form of heroin? morphine is morphine, diamorphine [heroin] is diamorphine approx 2-2.5 times stronger. Unless you think a doctor will get his drugs off a street dealer, how can it be cleaner?

I believe they can prescribe diamorphine where I am in the UK. Illegal even for the medical crowd in most places. Which is strange as stronger opioids like fentril are fine. Of course there could be good reasons for them having no use for diamorphine.

But real men inject etorphine through needles made of sharpened wavin pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

idunnoshur wrote: »
    For a typical weeknight marijuana is my preferred choice; it's relatively cheap, no "hangover" so it's not too bad getting up for college, makes the night a lot better and it's reasonably safe to drive home after.

Reasonably safe to drive ya think?....Think again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

ScumLord wrote: »
    No it's not.

Id have to agree with him one of the easiest to get, im pretty sure I could go into town and have heroin fairly quickly if I wanted youll see people selling it fairly openly in certain parts of Dublin City centre.

As for my favorite drug has to be alcohol and of the illegal kind the best ive ever done is mushrooms done nothing but laugh for hours on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

anyone else find it kinda cute that weed is still illegal lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Penicillin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Ketamine. Different experience everytime. Amazing drug with no come down. just don't take too much kids! Watch out for those k-holes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

George Orwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

anyone else find it kinda cute that weed is still illegal lol

oh.. yeah cute. Cute, in that it costs me way over what it should in that pretty much ALL my spending money goes to some lowlife crumlin scangster.

Smart; government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Odysseus wrote: »
    How is it a cleaner form of heroin? morphine is morphine, diamorphine [heroin] is diamorphine approx 2-2.5 times stronger. Unless you think a doctor will get his drugs off a street dealer, how can it be cleaner?

Heroin is junk hence the term Junkie so yes morphine is clearly going to be cleaner as its used in a professional environment. Morphine and Heroin both come from Opium, How am I even having to explain that to an adult !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

MDMA - Kicks all other drugs asses.

One drug I never tried and I'm getting curious now !! **** it I'v a teenage son now and I'm in my 30's so I think my drug days are well behind me, Hash/Weed will have to do ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I was injected regularly with Pethadeine after a serious stomach operation years ago. That shít was ace! Killed all pain and let you sleep:D

They stopped it after a week and a bit in case I got addicted. Was grand after that but I pretended one day in the second week that I was in pain and they injected me with something else. Wasn't morpheine but whatever it was made me float everywhere for about 2 hours.

I walked (floated with a big smile) my then GF to the exit of James Hospital and went into the shop to buy a drink. A kid about waist height looked at my crotch in horror as I picked up a bottle of Pepsi. I looked down and my flute somehow worked its way out the side of my PJ bottoms.:p

I never found out what the drug was but it was awesome.

Other than that I like Coke.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Xanex :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Love.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Yeah its like totally gay and stuff.

hmmmmmm

IF your a girl, you sound hot. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

For me I'd have to say it depends on the occasion. For a typical weeknight marijuana is my preferred choice; it's relatively cheap, no "hangover" so it's not too bad getting up for college, makes the night a lot better and it's reasonably safe to drive home after. On the other hand if there's an occasion of some sort with a lot of people going out I'll have a lash of cans/pints and maybe a line of coke if I have enough drink consumed.

Overall my favorite would have to be drink.

So good folks of AH what's your favorite drug? Include both legal and illegal drugs if you wish.

Thanks for reading
    ids

Ecstacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

charlemont wrote: »
    Heroin is junk hence the term Junkie so yes morphine is clearly going to be cleaner as its used in a professional environment. Morphine and Heroin both come from Opium, How am I even having to explain that to an adult !!
    Everything he said is right. Junk is a street name for street heroin. Heroin used in a clinical environment is going to be no less pure than morphine administered in a clinical environment. If morphine were sold on the street it'd be every bit as susceptible to contamination. Presumably heroin's a more popular street drug as the user gets more bang for their buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I have my own code phrase too, what's yours?
    My code phrase is pretty retarded tbh. One night I was supposed to go camping, but given the weather we decided to just go to my friend's house instead. Just after lighting up the 3rd joint I got a text from my mother asking how I was.

We all had giggles and started laughing about it, and then one of my friends dared me to include the word weed in the sentence some way.

I texted back We'd be cold in (insert campsite location), so from then on "We'd be hot" means smoking weed.

Pretty dumb, I know, and even dumber back-story, but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

An Epidural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

For the actual experience in isolation it'd have to be MDMA. But taking into account possible negatives (the washed out feeling the couple of days after) I'd probably prefer p.cub mushrooms for the lack of any hangover/after effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Alcohol and weed. That's all I've tried, really want to try mdma at some stage though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Acid, lots and lots of acid.

Seriously, Love the stuff, cant get it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Diamorphine is heroin, as prescribed by GPs for pain in the UK. You can get a script for either if it is required. Heroin is not only cut up diamorphine sold in the street. Hence if you get heroin/diamorphine off a legit source one is not cleaner than the other. An amp of morphine is not cleaner than an amp of diamorphine. Scripting in for addicts as they do in a few limited cases in the uk is different again, a normal GP cannot script it for the treatment of addiction only pain relife.

Not only have I worked in the addiction services for 14 years, I have had both prescribed to me for pain relife a long time ago. So I think you can take it I'm an adult, who has some basic knowledge of drugs. So no heroin is not only junk as you called it, it was a trade name diamorphine was marketed under when it was first produced.

You get picked up with a bag of gear here, you are not charged with possession of heroin, you are charged with possession of diamorphine.

To conclude morphine is cleaner than street heroin it is however not cleaner than the heroin/diamorphine a doctor would prescribe for chronic/terminal pain relife. Which of course the poster was taking about, it could have been any injectable opiate for all we know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Codeine gives me a nice little euphoric & "cozzy" type of high, without being to addicting.

Diazepam is probably my favorite for after a long days work & just want to "chill out" for the night type of drug. Other benzo's like Alprazolam & Flurazepam are also pretty nice for this type of thing.

MDMA is amazing the first couple of times but it takes its toll on you after a while.

I found Cannnabis to be a very boring drug. Just made me lazy, unmotivated & paranoid.

I tried Cocaine a handful of times. Was a good blast but makes you feel like sh!t the next day.

Out of every drug I tried illegal or legal I'd have to say the prescription sleep aid Zolpidem (Ambien) is by far the the most f**ked up one I've ever tried. I had a good time on it don't get me wrong but the sh!t you get up to on it is crazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

tdv123 wrote: »
    Codeine gives me a nice little euphoric & "cozzy" type of high, without being to addicting.

Diazepam is probably my favorite for after a long days work & just want to "chill out" for the night type of drug. Other benzo's like Alprazolam & Flurazepam are also pretty nice for this type of thing.

MDMA is amazing the first couple of times but it takes its toll on you after a while.

I found Cannnabis to be a very boring drug. Just made me lazy, unmotivated & paranoid.

I tried Cocaine a handful of times. Was a good blast but makes you feel like sh!t the next day.

Out of every drug I tried illegal or legal I'd have to say the prescription sleep aid Zolpidem (Ambien) is by far the the most f**ked up one I've ever tried. I had a good time on it don't get me wrong but the sh!t you get up to on it is crazy.

"The **** you get up to"...

What, like having a good nights sleep??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Crystal Meth, the blue stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Micoxaphlopin ......... :o and I want to get my hands on some POS51 \O/

But there was nothing to beat the good aul White Doves bitd \o/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Lemsip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

boobar wrote: »
    Lemsip

Ah, that stuff tears the nose off ya and gives ya an awful dose of the runs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

later12 wrote: »
    1210m5g wrote: »
    The reasons i take drugs is because i like the way they make me feel, it really is as simple as that (some people will think i must be missing something in my life, i don't think so) I know which ones can be taken often and also the ones that can cause real damage if used regularly. Overall my experience of recreational drug use has been positive, i have always kept a good job and have made some fantastic friends over the years with lovely normal people from all walks of life who i would never have met if it wasn't for drug use. I guess stories like this are never going to make the news.
    Oh yeah, I'm not criticizing drug use... I use drugs socially. I've just never met an Irish user of heroin who wasn't in a bad way in terms of health or his or her personal life; presumably you don't fit that bill at all so I was just curious really.

I think on my deathbed I would like to try heroin. Right now though, it's a drug that I find more frightening than endearing... unlike acid for example, which is pretty much rainbows and kittens tbh!.

^ This for me too. I've always been curious but I've seen firsthand what heroin can do to a person and all of the people around them, and having the addictive personality that I do I always felt it was one best to avoid. I think if the world was to end tomorrow though or if I knew the end was in sight I'd have a big drugs orgy and take it for a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

I like to start the night with some crystal meth before moving on to crack. I usually polish off the evening with some nice smack before passing out and ****ting myself. An enjoyable evening all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dan I Am

The term Junkie actually originates from 1920's Manhattan, where the original junkies got their nickname from the fact that many of them raised funds by collecting and selling scrap metal, AKA junk. The U.S. use of 'junk' for heroin is actually derived from 'Junkie', rather than the other way around.

Your friend was most likely given morphine (or something similar) in hospital rather than heroin, but that very obviously has nothing to do with one being cleaner than the other (hopefully our hospitals aren't in the habit of giving patients illicitly manufactured street drugs, weather it be heroin, morphine or anything else.)

The only reason to use heroin over morphine is because after administration it gets to the brain quicker, (heroin is able to cross the blood brain barrier 100 times quicker than morphine) but this isn't relevant in hospital if someone is on a constant supply and maintaining constant levels in the blood. Heroin is broken down in the body to morphine before it can attach to the receptors in the brain, so it will have exactly the same effect as morphine on the patient if a constant supply is maintained (assuming of course that a bigger dose of morphine is administered to compensate for the difference in strength between heroin and morphine.)

Heroin (known as diamorphine in hospitals) may be used rather than morphine (because it is faster acting) in situations where the patient does not already have opiates in the bloodstream. A common use of this (in the UK at least, I presume it's the same here?) is in childbirth. A lot of you Mums out there may have tried fixing heroin before and not realise it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

EarlERizer wrote: »

But there was nothing to beat the good aul White Doves bitd \o/ :D

Hmmmm! Back in the day I did 8.5 elephants at an illegal rave in bray, that was fúcked up, everyone had Borg implants and were wearing glasses. The most fúcked up night ever, I kept trying to take off people's glasses that didn't exist.

chirogirl wrote: »
    An Epidural.

LOL, brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 whoopssinead

Ecstasy/MDMA is pretty amazing. Testing kits are really hand to use as well if your the paranoid type :P
    Coke is the job every once in while, but being sensible with amounts and all that Jazz is vital, ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Love my aul lexapro, grand dose altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

any yokes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 whoopssinead

Ya but the withdrawal of lexapro is pretty disgusting.
    Ever get the brain shocks that run all the way down to your fingertips and resonate in your teeth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Ya but the withdrawal of lexapro is pretty disgusting.
    Ever get the brain shocks that run all the way down to your fingertips and resonate in your teeth?

Never had to deal with that yet, thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Been there and don't see it's appeal.

I've only tried Weed and ecstasy. (Mitsubishi's to be precise). The head shop grass, (Bonzai I think it was called) while fairly dodgy, gave me one unforgettable stoney.:pac:

Honestly though I reckon most "drug users" are full of **** and do it to look cool.
    I certainly only did E because everyone else was on it. A swinging jaw, hat head feeling and hyperactive legs is all I got out of it. Personally I think drugs are way overrated, and aren't worth the risks just to get "mad ouv deh head baaayysshh".

From what I see every weekend, most people doing lines or dropping pills haven't an iota of how to take them properly or respect it.

Bottle of Southy or a **** load of pints for me please sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Im not a huge fan of alcohol, coz it makes me feel ****ty the next 3 days. But if i have some tramadol or valium im ok. Usually like to start a session with alcohol then move onto something else maybe a stimulant.

smoke crystal meth a few times, wasnt as amazing as youd have thought. just talk **** for hours, then dont sleep, then get paranoid. That whole 80% addiction rate sounds like BS to me. People take dextroamphetamine to study all across the us and those people would probably call you junkie scum for taking meth even though they are basically the same thing. They even prescribe meth for ADD (desoxyn) and apparently doesnt have as much abuse potential as adderall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

As a child, I often ate spilled washing powder that used to be left on the little shelf at the end of the checkouts in Dunnes, in the mistaken belief that it was sugar. It was sugar enough times for me to consider ingesting washing powder an acceptable risk. It didn't have much of an effect though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    Im not a huge fan of alcohol, coz it makes me feel ****ty the next 3 days. But if i have some tramadol or valium im ok.....

You get a high off tramadol?? Never had that effect on me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Neurofen Plus, I'm so hardcore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I smoked weed once but didn't inhale. I much prefer blowjobs off interns anyway. Yours, Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

caffeine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Calpol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Sparklygirl

Gas and Air (heaven sent!)
    Caffeine
    Alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Took heroin once. It was bloody mind-blowingly amazing but wouldn't touch it again for fear of becoming addicted, which I could very easily see happening.

My favourite drug would definitely have to be ecstasy. You'll never have a bad night with e. Unless you get a bad batch I suppose. There's nothing like taking it in a house with your best friends who you love in an environment when you can be incredibly comfortable together. No egos, no annoying small-talk, no pressure to find a one night stand, just pure unadulterated and completely honest conversation. Obviously it's great in a club environment too but much better in a quiet, friendly place.

I have weed a bit and it's not all that tbh. Makes my head too cloudy and makes it impossible for me to concentrate. I also love drink, preferably vodka.. straight. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Tried them all. Weed is the best in my opinion don't smoke it anymore though.

Favourite drugs are actually legal. Benzos (valium/xanax), alcohol and nicotine.

Advertisement