Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favorite drug?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

my dependence on weed is probably via nicotine? a sort of waccier baccy, if you will n it doesn't leave me ravaged as much! or so I.. think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Don't do it anymore stopped smokin weed and hash bout 8 year ago and unfortunately was drawn into drink and drugs ie coke and peruvian was the name of wat we done every weekend and have been clean for a long time now as I grew up and had a family and responsibilities
    But if the question popped up 4 year ago I'd say Peruvian and rubber
    Now I'm cleaner than a Nuns bed sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Been there and don't see it's appeal.

I've only tried Weed and ecstasy. (Mitsubishi's to be precise). The head shop grass, (Bonzai I think it was called) while fairly dodgy, gave me one unforgettable stoney.:pac:

Honestly though I reckon most "drug users" are full of **** and do it to look cool.
    I certainly only did E because everyone else was on it. A swinging jaw, hat head feeling and hyperactive legs is all I got out of it. Personally I think drugs are way overrated, and aren't worth the risks just to get "mad ouv deh head baaayysshh".

From what I see every weekend, most people doing lines or dropping pills haven't an iota of how to take them properly or respect it.

Bottle of Southy or a **** load of pints for me please sir.

No you have'nt been there, have not tried weed and its seems more like you don't know how to take it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Gargle and valium or xanax

Done speed,ketamine and coke regularly enough when I was younger,kind of grown out of that wild lifestyle at this stage.Prefer going to a pub and getting nicely drunk then popping a few valium/xanax when I get home.

Mushrooms.

Cant be beat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Been there and don't see it's appeal.

I've only tried Weed and ecstasy. (Mitsubishi's to be precise). The head shop grass, (Bonzai I think it was called) while fairly dodgy, gave me one unforgettable stoney.:pac:

Honestly though I reckon most "drug users" are full of **** and do it to look cool.
    I certainly only did E because everyone else was on it. A swinging jaw, hat head feeling and hyperactive legs is all I got out of it. Personally I think drugs are way overrated, and aren't worth the risks just to get "mad ouv deh head baaayysshh".

From what I see every weekend, most people doing lines or dropping pills haven't an iota of how to take them properly or respect it.

Ya cher, what harm has alcohol done to anybody.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

have you put this to brian ferry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

I personally feel that no one who has never taken drugs should ever comment about drugs' negativity. They can obviously comment on why they are choosing not to try it but they should never ever judge others or try to tell people that its wrong or why it should be illegal etc. More people die from cigarettes and alcohol every year yet you dont hear anything about that. The government earn too much money from them thats why. The only time people die from drugs (like cigarettes and alcohol) is when they take too much of it. If the government legalised drugs then quality control and the reduction of gangland involvment in drugs would happen. I personally think cocaine is the worst out of all them. E and MDMA makes you happy.... has anyone seen the new programme channel 4 done on it?

My favourite drug is proper, good quality MDMA. And im a young lady in my mid twenties. You would never guess by looking at me that i love drugs but im a bit of a free spirit. Ive a degree and a masters. Im not a waster. I just like to party! Sure why not! :):)

Wow heroin? How old where u? Do u know anyone who got hooked? Ive always been so curious of it but id never touch it. Im sure it is mind blowing! Its such a pity that those who take it end up so ****ed up and destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

JajaD wrote: »
    I personally feel that no one who has never taken drugs should ever comment about drugs' negativity. They can obviously comment on why they are choosing not to try it but they should never ever judge others or try to tell people that its wrong or why it should be illegal etc.

This is Ireland - they used to send nuns around to schools to harp on about sex. ed. :confused:

nun/nən/

Noun:
    • Don't want none

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Sensi, Mandies, Purple Hearts and LSD up to the age of 35. Now just large glasses of wine. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Anyone ever hear of "The Devils Breath"? Scary stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Shrooms and ketamine yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Ecstasy was fun but I always found the come down quite bad and it's not the best for mental stability if you're prone to depression. I'd like to try it again some day in the right circumstances.

I remember taking some MDMA powder a few years ago and i was able to roll joints one handed. Most people would not expect that a drug which is supposed to make you "off your face" would give you such extra dexterity.

Weed is the best though. I love weed. I love exercising while stoned. Or brushing my teeth. My teeth are at their cleanest when I smoke. Smoking weed makes me aware of every fibre, sinew, muscle, vein and other body parts which make up my being.

Sex is fantastic while stoned too.

Shure it's great auld craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Clarky Cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Alcohol and coffee.

There's nothing a pint won't take the edge off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

mdma, but i only use it occasionally.
    I smoke weed most days so that would be second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Soluble solpadeine and whisky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Samwidges.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Serotonin or Dopamine. depends what mood I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Ah, devil ether. It makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision, no balance, numb tongue. The mind recoils in horror, unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interesting because you can actually watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it. You approach the turnstiles and know that when you get there, you have to give the man two dollars or he won't let you inside. But when you get there, everything goes wrong. Some angry rotarian shoves you and you think "What's happening here? What's going on?" And you hear yourself mumbling... Dogs f*cked the Pope... no fault of mine. Ether is the perfect drug for Las Vegas. In this town they love a drunk. Fresh meat.

That or Adrenochrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭cassiedoll

Imigran.....has been absolutely life changing, can't imagine my life without it.

i had a serious dependency on solpadeine for years but i'm over that now. It got to the stage that i felt the next time i go in to the chemist, i would be asked to take 2 solpadeine in a cup of water in a private room and then come back again the next day for another 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Hi Cassiedoll. For me Imigran and Zomig. Lifesavers for preventing a bad migraine. Outside of that I'd have to say I love my lattes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Ketamine's the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Triple-sod, Yellow Bentines and Clarky Cat bought from a mandrill, all good.

Ayahuasca
    Cleansing & enlightening experience - in mind and body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

yupya1 wrote: »
    No you haven't been there, have not tried weed and its seems more like you don't know how to take it properly

Do I need to snort a line of 20% coke muck, 80% baking soda to have "been there" for you ?

And yes I have tried weed plenty of times (head shop grass was a separate experience). I just don't see the big appeal is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Domperidone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Tramadol. I loves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

at the moment for me marijuana trumps them all. one of the only ones that is given straight to us naturally by the earth. I found the first few times I smoked it I just felt sick but after that it revealed me to myself. When baked I come up with some of the greatest creative ideas I've ever had...only to forget them the next day haha. Great to listen to your favourite albums with to! Though I'm sure some could argue some hallucinogenics are better for that.

I think everyone on this forum needs to meet up and party... sound bunch of peeps :)

On a separate point...do you think E affects peoples minds? My ex done it for years before he met me...while going out with me we done it occasionally, and then he turned into a massive paranoid, control freak..., now i hear he does it every weekend. Do you think E and cocaine (which is what he does) affects the way people behave and think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I think everyone on this forum needs to meet up and party... sound bunch of peeps :)

On a separate point...do you think E affects peoples minds? My ex done it for years before he met me...while going out with me we done it occasionally, and then he turned into a massive paranoid, control freak..., now i hear he does it every weekend. Do you think E and cocaine (which is what he does) affects the way people behave and think?

Is that not the entire point of taking most drugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

zopiclone. so easy to get fond of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

idunnoshur wrote: »
    What's your favorite drug?

For me its that gas they give you at the Dentist ( I don't know the name of it) but it sure kills the pain as the drill goes in :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

About 20 years ago I did E (when there was actual mdma in it:p) every weekend for a year and I was completely fooked. Depression, paranoia, anxiety, developed multiple crazy complexes. After I stopped it took another year to get my brain back to normal. Horrible time.

I do coke occasionally now having not touched any drugs for about 16 years. I find it takes about a week for my brain to fully recover after a gram of decent coke. The side effects for me after a binge is a flat feeling not depression, agressiveness, slight paranoia and lethargy which ease and disappear after about 6 days.

It depends on the doses, ones tolerence and personality but I reckon doing both the above weekly could turn you into a bit of a monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Do I need to snort a line of 20% coke muck, 80% baking soda to have "been there" for you ?

And yes I have tried weed plenty of times (head shop grass was a separate experience). I just don't see the big appeal is all.

I don't see much appeal either. I don't seem to have the same experience some people have with weed. It just makes me feel lethargic and unmotivated and a bit vegetative to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

No you dont have to do anything for me and "been there" was your phrase.
    I just think people who obviously know and have experienced very little about a subject can condemn others as "full of ****" and "to look cool" is absurd at best.

Dont judge everybody else by your own standards "I know I only did it cos everybody else did" is my main point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Larsson53

Krokodil Nasty stuff! youtube some videos of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Soluble Solpadeine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

MDMA/Extacy are my drug of choice. Its the one drug i can do with out any repercussions

I dont really drink that much, in fact im off it at the moment, i can go out and not drink for a night with out a problem.

I've seen cocaine make a mess of people (i know more than a few with addictions), and i dont do it anymore because i cant stop myself from doing it all once i start.

I've stopped smoking weed/hash after years of smoking it because i realised it was a waste of time and money.

I do enjoy Ket every now and again but it scares me. Of all the drugs i've seen my friends take over the years it is the one that has caused the most damage, I know a few people that have Ket addictions, it makes a mess of your body in the longterm. Dont take it for granted people, treat it with respect because it will make a mess of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Doxylamine succinate.

Its the muscle relaxant thats in Syndol. When Syndol disappeared off the market I was gutted as it was the only painkiller that worked for my tension headaches. After a few months I came across a website where people were discussing alternatives and was led to a formulation called Dr Kirklands Sleep Aid that is mostly just doxylamine succinate. You can buy it on amazon. Its the only man for tension headaches. I also use it to get a nice sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    MDMA/Extacy are my drug of choice. Its the one drug i can do with out any repercussions

I dont really drink that much, in fact im off it at the moment, i can go out and not drink for a night with out a problem.

I've seen cocaine make a mess of people (i know more than a few with addictions), and i dont do it anymore because i cant stop myself from doing it all once i start.

I've stopped smoking weed/hash after years of smoking it because i realised it was a waste of time and money.

I do enjoy Ket every now and again but it scares me. Of all the drugs i've seen my friends take over the years it is the one that has caused the most damage, I know a few people that have Ket addictions, it makes a mess of your body in the longterm. Dont take it for granted people, treat it with respect because it will make a mess of you.

Except affect your spelling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Andy-Pandy wrote: »

Thats nuts. Out of the group of us who did it back in the day only one guy suffered no negative effects and the fcuker still does it to this day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Except affect your spelling

Blah, blah, blah
    Thats nuts. Out of the group of us who did it back in the day only one guy suffered no negative effects and the fcuker still does it to this day.

Thats just my personal experience, im not saying its the same for everybody, but i can still do it and feel grand over the next few days. Its the only drug that i do these days, some people like to drink, i prefer to do a pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

A little cannabis in the evening is always quite amusing.

MaxSteele wrote:

I agree with your first sentence to an extent, but there's an irony in talking about how drugs are overrated, that people don't respect them, and then professing a preference for a bottle of Southern Comfort or a '**** load of pints'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

The older I get the worse those fúcking hangovers get so probably now its paracetamol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I don't do any now except drink but before I was ravaged by drugs the one I used to love the most was ecstasy, the feeling of pure blissful happiness dancing for hours. I also like speed, MDMA, marijuana, never took to coke. People kept arguing with me that I was clearly taking the wrong coke but I just couldn't see the attraction of making myself more arrogant / opinionated / bossy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement