Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which humbucker pickups for a Dean electric guitar to get better sound?

• 13-02-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I have a Dean electric guitar, but the sounds from the pickups is awful for lead.

Anyone ca recommend any pickups (ones on it are hum-bucker) just for a beginner to get better tones. The tone is currently dirty and scratchy, just terrible im looking for any tone at all like 80s sound. Just anything I can use my GF-5 or GT10 FX boxes with.

This is my first guitar but now im getting into lead guitar and can't tolerate the horrible tones.

Im assuming its the pickups. Ive tried raising/lowering them and it help only marginally. Any help appreciated.

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Before you go changing your pickups, check out if that's definitely the problem. Try the guitar with a different amp, and try a different guitar with your amp.

Also try it straight in to the amp without any effects.

Advertisement