Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery repair in Limerick city?

• 13-02-2012 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Can anyone can recommend a good jeweller for ring repairs in Limerick city. A stone fell out of my engagement ring, luckily I found it, however when I took it to my local jeweller they wanted 160 euro to put it back in its setting.

They're the only jewellers in my town and I think they're trying to rip me off big time. I honestly can't see how it could cost that to put a stone back in its setting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Can anyone can recommend a good jeweller for ring repairs in Limerick city. A stone fell out of my engagement ring, luckily I found it, however when I took it to my local jeweller they wanted 160 euro to put it back in its setting.

They're the only jewellers in my town and I think they're trying to rip me off big time. I honestly can't see how it could cost that to put a stone back in its setting.

Topaz on Gerald Griffin Street, He's great at what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dancla

JA Daly Jewellers
    Wickham Street
    061 417 712

Used them for repairs before and could not fault the service or price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

source wrote: »
    Topaz on Gerald Griffin Street, He's great at what he does.

+1 for Topaz

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

How about Matthew Stephens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Keanes Jewellers perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've used Topaz myself to have an engagement ring repaired and I must say he did an absolutely top rate job, completely replaced the original stone mount and repaired the ring(Originally the ring had inset baguette cut diamonds either side of the main mount that came lose) He totally refurbed the band and now it is a completely new ring and much better for it ;)
    And the work was done expertly and very reasonably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely try Topaz.

Advertisement