Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a GPS for Ireland and North America

Options
  • 13-02-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I'm looking for a new GPS that covers Ireland and north America. What would you recommend? Any advice welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As always stick with TomTom or Garmin. They are the most reliable for Map & software updates.
    Do you have a price range in mind?
    Do you require live services like traffic , weather, Google search?
    You can compare TomTom devices here
    You can compare Garmin devices here.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a fairly basic unit, traffic weather etc isn't essential. What I'm really after is something to use infrequently at home and also for a US driving holiday that I have coming up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Compare the devices & prices on the links I gave you. Also look for a device with SD card slot where you could add memory for both maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

Will do, thanks again for your help.

No problem. let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement