Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So if there seems to be a lack of manufacturing in Ireland, are there incentives to get manufacturing going in Ireland by Irish run companies? I don't necessarily mean huge manufacturing plants, but also cottage industries intending to export heavily?

Well, I imagine there are plenty of these small manufacturers exporting but they're so small that they won't get mentioned here. Voya Seaweed Baths here in Sligo are one that come to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

voya is very successful abroad, they're huge in the US. We have a pretty good candle industry here also & pet food for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

So if there seems to be a lack of manufacturing in Ireland, are there incentives to get manufacturing going in Ireland by Irish run companies? I don't necessarily mean huge manufacturing plants, but also cottage industries intending to export heavily?

Costs in Ireland are too high for manufacturing anything on a large scale outside of the food sector.

Advertisement