Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Septic tank pump

• 13-02-2012 7:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi

I do not know if this is the correct forum but i guess everyone who posts in this forum has a septic tank.

I had a new septic tank built 3 years ago. I had to have the tank emptyed today as it backed up to the bathroom.

The system i put in has a main tank from the bathroom with an over flow tank at the back of that with a pump in it that is supposed to pump the water up a hill to a raised soak-age bed.

I think the pump has a floating switch attached to it. Today both the main tank and the overflow tank were full of water.

Has anyone encountered this situation before? How long are these pumps supposed to last? How much do the cost to replace? Is it an electrician or plumber i need? I am located on the Galway roscommon border. Does anyone know of someone who would be able to replace the pump? I am assuming that it is the pump that is at fault.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

This crowd provided a pump for the same job for my folks, think they have engineers all over the country, worth a call at least.

http://www.campion.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

OP, you'd probably be more likely to be answered by experts/professionals in the field over in the Construction & Planning forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Thanks for the replies, I have reposted as suggested over at constrution and planning.

Advertisement