Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate to finish house

Options
  • 13-02-2012 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Bit of a hypothetical question on my part as I'm not interested in this particular house but am interested in a couple more closer to my area that are not advertised but at a similar stage of the build. Both are similar style houses but considerably smaller, one being 1,900 sq foot and the other being 2,200 sq foot. Neither have a conservatory, unlike the house in the link.

The ad is somewhat short on detail but I'm guessing it needs to be wired, plumbed, plastered, internal doors, skirting and archatrive, flooring, sanitary ware, basic kitchen, fireplace and perhaps a few other things I'm overlooking to bring it up to a builders finish standard.

The 2,200 foot sq house I'm considering is very much at the afore mentioned level of finish while the 1,900 foot sq house has considerably more work done. It is plumbed and wired, plastered, painted, internal doors, skirting, archatrive, sanitary ware and bathrooms tiled but no kitchen or flooring.

What I'd like to find out is estimated cost to finish both to a basic habitable and reasonable standard of finish, semi solid flooring throughout, kerbing per metre for the lesser finished house and basic gravel driveway (per metre sq) (hardcore already in place). Furnishing and soft furnishing I can estimate myself and any landscaping would be done as a favour by a good friend at a later date.

What I would like is basic ballpark estimate figures item by item so that I can compare one house against the other, taking into account their current level of finish. All constructive input greatly appreciated and many thanks in advancesmile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 silkey

Jaysus lad, you're not asking for much!
    I'd say there are a few days work for a Qs in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 padgo

That is a one very nice house :) I recenlty got our kitchen and bathroom floor tiled. No where near the same quantity as yours tho. I found a this tiler through Google advert. Wierd cause I never would normally look there. Guess its a sign of the times.
    His name was <removed by muffler>
    Hopefully you will find someone. You should get good value these days

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

padgo please read the forum charter before posting here again. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭john.west

silkey wrote: »
    Jaysus lad, you're not asking for much!
    I'd say there are a few days work for a Qs in that!

Theres quite a few questions there alright so there is! I'm thinking though that somebody who works in the trade or else somebody who completed and managed their own self build lately might see the thread and be able to take a stab at answering my very many questions.

Apologies its been a while since ive used boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭john.west

padgo wrote: »
    That is a one very nice house :) I recenlty got our kitchen and bathroom floor tiled. No where near the same quantity as yours tho. I found a this tiler through Google advert. Wierd cause I never would normally look there. Guess its a sign of the times.
    His name was <removed by muffler>
    Hopefully you will find someone. You should get good value these days

It is indeed a nice house padgo but its not mine as I think you possibly seem to think! If the house was in my local area it would certainly be on my wishlist. I was just using the house as an example of two that are at broadly similar stages of completion in my area but not advertised on the net...well one with a bit more work done.

I'm not necessarily saying I want to buy a partially finished house either but exploring all possibilities and looking at everything out there on the market that ticks the boxes as they say.....that's why I'm trying to get a ballpark figure of how much the houses will cost to complete. Thanks for your input

Ah I see. We have been renovating a cottage and to be 100% if we where to do it 4 years ago there would have been no chance of affording the labour rates.

Advertisement