Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who makes your blood boil?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yer one from the O'briens ads, The posh D4 twot, angers me to my core!

Cant remember her name for the life of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Peaches Geldof - Embodies what's wrong with celebrity culture. Made my blood boil when a few years ago she proclaimed herself as the voice of the youth of today, with her taking on "serious" subjects you know were nothing more than platforms to boost herself and thus treated the subjects as hollow shells of cheap programming. The girl is as thick as shìt, she's spoilt, disconnected from the real world and lives in fairyland.

Perez Hilton - Another cùnt who shovels the shìt of pointless, mundane celebrity news. He's an out and out liar and grade-A dickhead, who slaps up irrelevant and untrue stories about people to his website primarily just to generate higher advertising revenue plus he went on a vendetta to reveal as many celebrities sexualities as possible, including those who kept it a secret from the limelight.

What a punchable face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You do a search, find a topic you want to post on and the mod slaps you down for bumping an old thread

You want to discuss a topic so you start a new thread and you'll get moaning from the posters about they discussed this only recently

What do I do so? :mad:

Jesus I'm sick of hearing this!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    So what, the only two catagories that someone can fall into is animal abusers and animal rights activists?:confused: Whats wrong with animal rights activists by the way?

Animals have no rights, that's what's wrong with animal rights activists.

When they can stand up for themselves, the animals that is, and proclaim that they want rights, fair enough. Until that point I don't want another dreadlocked middle-class vegan lecturing me while I eat my veal.

Nature is a buffet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

+1 on Peaches Geldof and Perez Hilton.

Sharon Osbourne is another scumbag of the highest order. She's an eternal blot on the legacy of Black Sabbath imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

summerskin wrote: »

When they can stand up for themselves, the animals that is, and proclaim that they want rights, fair enough. Until that point I don't want another dreadlocked middle-class vegan lecturing me while I eat my veal.

Nature is a buffet.

Okay....

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Okay....

Talking animals, duh. No speaky, no rights.

Just pepper sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Talking animals, duh. No speaky, no rights.

Just pepper sauce.

So, by that logic, if someone was born dumb they would have no rights?

No, as they would still be able to communicate through the written word or sign language, and to communicate verbally through an advocate.

Animals can't do that, you see, because they are food. It's like fighting for the rights of a tin of baked beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Vicxas wrote: »
    Yer one from the O'briens ads, The posh D4 twot, angers me to my core!

Cant remember her name for the life of me!

Rachel Motherfuggin' Allen.

By the way, if the bolded part of your quote was spoken by her, it'd really mean ''angers me to my car''. That's how she would say it. Pretentious so and so, she makes me choke on my latte...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

WindSock wrote: »
    I'm sick uv peeple wreckin me
    Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists,

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

oh I know, a vacuum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

Bono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Jeremy Clarkson - Fcuk off and die!
    Richard Hammond - Same.

And that camp twat Louie something or other on some Dancing show?? I've only ever seen him a few times, but I really, REALLY want to beat the crap out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Gareth O Callaghan 4fm :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Rachael Allen without any doubt. Can't bear to watch her or listen to her.
    Victoria Beckham at a close second, stupid pouty mush on her :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Danny Dyer

WAFSDC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dog owners who don't bother picking up after their mutts.

It's rife in this country :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Luis Suarez.

Wanker.

• Advertisement

Dog owners who don't bother picking up after their mutts.

It's rife in this country :mad:

Now here's something a little bit off topic! I was in town a few weeks ago and saw a guide dog taking a dump on the street, are their owners expected to clean up after them? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

kfallon wrote: »
    Now here's something a little bit off topic! I was in town a few weeks ago and saw a guide dog taking a dump on the street, are their owners expected to clean up after them? :confused:

Yep, 'fraid so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

lefthooker wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    animal rights activists

People like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Young fellas in souped up Honda Civics tailgating about a foot from my back bumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Rachel Allens sambos, they are pretentious ****e. Gimme a toasted ham and cheeser any day . This country went down the pan right about the time all these posh sandwhiches and pita breads strolled into town with their sun dried tomatoes. What ever happened to a normal tomato , why are some sections of Irish people too good for a normal tomato these days, why in the blue blazes does your tomato need to be dried in the sun , why does it have to be swiss cheese,
    What ever happened to getting a nice bit of chicken or ham , stickin a bit of cheese on it and whatever mayonaise or coleslaw ye like once its mayonaise or coleslaw .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

cloptrop wrote: »
    Rachel Allens sambos, they are pretentious ****e. Gimme a toasted ham and cheeser any day . This country went down the pan right about the time all these posh sandwhiches and pita breads strolled into town with their sun dried tomatoes. What ever happened to a normal tomato , why are some sections of Irish people too good for a normal tomato these days, why in the blue blazes does your tomato need to be dried in the sun , why does it have to be swiss cheese,
    What ever happened to getting a nice bit of chicken or ham , stickin a bit of cheese on it and whatever mayonaise or coleslaw ye like once its mayonaise or coleslaw .

It tastes nicer.

Even if you don't like sundried tomatoes in particular though, I welcome the fact that people eat a wider variety of food here.

Compared to the continent for example, what most people here used to eat, and many continue to eat, is bland, boring and often not so healthy.

I do hate Rachel Allen though.

• Advertisement

It tastes nicer.

Even you don't like sundried tomatoes in particular though, I completely welcome the fact that people eat a wider variety of food here.

Compared to the continent for example, what most people here used to eat, and many continue to eat, is bland, boring and often not so healthy.

I do hate Rachel Allen though.

Irish food wasnt bland until this country turned into a wannabe yuppy pile of ****. People using words like bland for instance. People paying over a fiver for a rachel allen sandwhich when ye can bang a ham and cheese together in your kitchen for next to nothin. If rachel allen was your missus you still wouldnt bring a packed lunch in becuase that wouldnt look like you were rich .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Nature is a buffet.

Mentally disabled children shouldn't have rights either so. They can't stand up for themselves and proclaim that they want rights.

Maybe next time think before you post.

Irish food wasnt bland until this country turned into a wannabe yuppy pile of ****. People using words like bland for instance. People paying over a fiver for a rachel allen sandwhich when ye can bang a ham and cheese together in your kitchen for next to nothin. If rachel allen was your missus you still wouldnt bring a packed lunch in becuase that wouldnt look like you were rich .

I haven't tried any of Rachel's sandwiches, but the standard ones you get in O'Brien's are nicer than the ham and cheese sandwiches most people I know would make (Denny sliced ham and Avonmore grated cheese or easi singles).

Though a lovely ciabatta with prosciutto and rocket, or maybe some provolone or mozzerella with the ham: very nice and simple to make, and tasty too.
    Though taste is subjective, I don't see how anyone could even put a basic snack like that in the same league as white sliced pan with a slice of crumbed ham and a bit of grated cheddar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

People paying over a fiver for a rachel allen sandwhich when ye can bang a ham and cheese together in your kitchen for next to nothin.

100%. There are few things as delish as two slices of Brennan's white bread, few slices of Denny's smoked ham, some Irish cheddar, some mayo and a big glass of cold milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Volcanoes actually, if you get caught in the lava flow it will tend to make your blood boil. Also if your a convicted murderer in some states in the US well you can get the electric chair that can make your blood boil too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

People with no manners, people with overinflated notions of entitlement. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

This is very specific and strange as I don't even know their names but I often listen to Newstalk online and the people who do movie reviews on Moncrieff ...for some reason I would just never get tired of kicking them.... absolute smug cnuts. :o

Movie critics in general are completely up their own arses with over-analysis, which gets exponentially more annoying when it seems that you need absolutely zero credentials to be one.
    Game critics are going the same way as it's become mainstream.

In a similar vain there is a girl on The Right Hook who comes in once a week to talk about gadgets, for some reason she just manages to rub me the wrong way.
    Probably because I'm a nerd and disagree with her opinions on techie things....irrational I know.

kraggy wrote: »
    Mentally disabled children shouldn't have rights either so. They can't stand up for themselves and proclaim that they want rights.

Maybe next time think before you post.

Oh shut up. The children are part of an advanced society, and have their paents/family/advocates to protect and care for them, as a member of the same species.

Animals cannot do this, how much simpler can i make it. The fact that all you animal lovers come out with statements like yours, and the one earlier about people who are born unable to speak, as an argument about my point that animals have no rights shows how far from reality you actually are.

Simply put, AGAIN, animals are part of the food chain, we are presently, as a result of thousands of years of advancement, at the top of that food chain. Eat all the animals.

Now pop off and have a tofu burger, I've got bigger endangered fish to fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Black people who use the race card

Travellers who use the discrimination card

Useless cnuts who have been on the dole all their lives with no intention getting a job and living off the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Stingy people, those who you could never go halves with on a bag of chips as they would divide it out equally to ensure they got their rightful share.

As I said before in another thread, "Wine experts".....such pretentious cunts.

"Oh this white is very oakey but has a beautiful nose, it's to die for, it simply has to a Bordeaux circa 1987" *wiggles cravat, swirls wine in the glass whilst saying this and smiles smuggly*

Actually, shit for brains, it's Blue Nun 2012 so stick that up your hoop!

People who have appeared on "The Restaurant" are the kind of fookers I'm referring to, sometimes I watch it just to get my blood boiling! And it's not just the 'expert critics' I'm on about either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

People who think they are rich and worthy of being served and therefore treat the people around them like absolute filth.

Was on hols two weeks ago in Lanzarote and there was an Irish woman there lambasting the waitress in the restaurant about the inadequacy of the wine list and that the starters were mainly fish dishes. Oh fcuk off you tool, you're in a beach side restaurant in the canaries, not a Michelin star place. It was far from bloody wine lists you were raised with your pseudo-cnutlike - D4 accent.

/rant

SeaFields wrote: »
    People who think they are rich and worthy of being served and therefore treat the people around them like absolute filth.

Was on hols two weeks ago in Lanzarote and there was an Irish woman there lambasting the waitress in the restaurant about the inadequacy of the wine list and that the starters were mainly fish dishes. Oh fcuk off you tool, you're in a beach side restaurant in the canaries, not a Michelin star place. It was far from bloody wine lists you were raised with your pseudo-cnutlike - D4 accent.

/rant

Sounds very similar to the cunts I was referring to in the post above yours! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Cop the fuck on and stop hanging around Mecca OP.

I fail to see what Paul mc cartney has got to do with it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

No, as they would still be able to communicate through the written word or sign language, and to communicate verbally through an advocate.

Animals can't do that, you see, because they are food. It's like fighting for the rights of a tin of baked beans.

That's why they call it a vegetative state.

Pull that plug and fetch me the pepper sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Who makes your blood boil as soon as you hear their name or see them somewhere...in other words, who do you hate the most...past and present of course :-)

For me, it would have to be the prophet Mohammed. Sick of hearing his name being chanted, sick of seeing his followers go on bout him...everything about him makes me cringe...

And you?

Leave him alone. He looks lovely in any pictures i've seen;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

Lecturers that cannot teach. How do these people get jobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

RichieC wrote: »
    It's bad luck to speak I'll of the dead...

What? Seriously? I think you are thinking of Whitney Heuston!!!:mad:

omerin wrote: »
    They are good at exams and interviews just not teaching. This is how they got their job.

Because nowadays research is more heavily-weighted than teaching ability in universities, as research is what draws funding.

So someone with good research, in the form of a thesis and conference papers, or research relevant to the institution, will get good college positions.

And from experience, I know that the qualities that make a good researcher are in some ways the opposite of what make a good teacher, and they aren't often found together.

There are some lecturers who do great research and are good teachers too, but there are also quite a few who are terrified of getting in front of a group of people (especially tutorials where you have to interact directly with students) or for whom classes are an afterthought, and something they feel obliged to do as part of their contract.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

In my experience, being a lecturer is one of the few jobs where the criteria for employment are not directly related the task itself. So many genuinely brilliant minds become lecturers based purely on their intellect despite the fact that they lack the ability to convey one iota of their understanding to an audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Adele King aka Twink.

The nation's sweetheart.

Let's just say she wasn't very sweet to a taxi driver one night who wouldn't allow her mutt into the taxi. Oh lord, the language!

Everytime I see her on whatever nostalgic 'remember the good ole days' retrospective ****e on TV3 or RTE, she does indeed make my blood boil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

mikemac1 wrote: »
    anyone who starts a debate with "as a parent"

It doesn't make you an expert on all topics
    And everyone can have good and relevant ideas, your opinion is not worth more just because you are a parent.

Not only the above, but also this:

People who are on the brink of losing an argument and come out with the phrase: "Have you got kids?" You say no and they say: "Well then you don't know what you're on about."

And then they promptly change the subject, usually to something that you know very little about but they know a lot about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pissblast

In my experience, being a lecturer is one of the few jobs where the criteria for employment are not directly related the task itself. So many genuinely brilliant minds become lecturers based purely on their intellect despite the fact that they lack the ability to convey one iota of their understanding to an audience.

what the fook are u on about :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

there are also quite a few who are terrified of getting in front of a group of people (especially tutorials where you have to interact directly with students) or for whom classes are an afterthought, and something they feel obliged to do as part of their contract.

Had one really bad case of that. He would just blast through an example without pause. No time to work along with him. Students just stopped turning up to the workshops and started hitting tutorials on youtube instead.

People are now paying £9k a year (in the UK) for courses where many of the modules are effectively marking services where postgrads grade work the students have learnt to do on their own time.

Of course most aren't so bad, but the lecturers who can't even be arsed to do their own lectures should be weeded out.

Perhaps it's time for the outdated third level system to get an overhaul, maybe a separation of research and teaching? At least to some degree.

Advertisement