Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sensitive matter

• 13-02-2012 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Okay never posted here before but something happened that has really affected me tbh, trying to keep in guidelines of stickied pos

So, what position is one in if one went to a free clinic and has permanent scarring on his ... Johnson? Completely free clinic who were treating a skin allergy down there not an sti(was sti clinic) and now there is scarring for life.
    I don't think I am entitled to anything or can complain as I went in through.free.will but too.ashamed to speak about it to anyone in person so wanted to ask people here for help first.
    Genuine post so appreciate any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Makes no odds whether or not is was a free clinic - there would be a bog standard duty of care. Contact a solicitor and/or read up on one of the bazillion negligence threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

You go to a doctor and a solicitor, one will work with the other. The solicitor will get a medical report and other expert opinion and advise you on your compensatory options and obviously the doctor can advise you medically and refer you as required.

Might be embarrassing for you, to these professionals it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LiveOffRakeBack

McCrack wrote: »
    You go to a doctor and a solicitor, one will work with the other. The solicitor will get a medical report and other expert opinion and advise you on your compensatory options and obviously the doctor can advise you medically and refer you as required.

Might be embarrassing for you, to these professionals it won't.

I haven't read their terms and conditions, just really hate the thought of getting with a girl and then she looks at the marks and freaks out or something. Am only young and literally never ever talked to a solicitor about anything so just wanted to see if I had any case at all. Must find one now. Thanks a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You should probably see a doctor about it first and see what he has to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

You want medical advice first. Legal advice second.

• Advertisement

I went to doctors and they told me that the scarring is going to be permenant... Can someone recommend what I should do - I don't have much money so is there any lawyers who look at cases for free before taking them or something - would really appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mitzicat

I went to doctors and they told me that the scarring is going to be permenant... Can someone recommend what I should do - I don't have much money so is there any lawyers who look at cases for free before taking them or something - would really appreciate any help

Lots of firms will take a case on a "no foal, no fee" basis - this is how the majority of personal injury cases are taken on.

Just search that term above with solicitors Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

mitzicat wrote: »
    no foal, no fee

I'm not going to say anything.

mitzicat wrote: »
    Lots of firms will take a case on a "no foal, no fee" basis - this is how the majority of personal injury cases are taken on.

Just search that term above with solicitors Dublin.

Thanks! Any idea what % they take if the claim wins - I'm gonna try and find one now but it seems difficult. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mitzicat

Thanks! Any idea what % they take if the claim wins - I'm gonna try and find one now but it seems difficult. Thanks for the help

It's not a %, but their billed time, no different from any other case. They are prohibited here from taking a flat percentage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you won, the other side ( generally) would have to pay your legal costs

if you lost, you might be liable to pay their costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

It's not enough to prove that damage was done. You must also prove that there was some kind of negligence which contributed to causing the damage.

Advertisement