Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help planning trip to oz

Options
  • 13-02-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi everyone, looking for some advice from all you folks that have done it all before, planning to do a year in oz early next yr and already trying to start planning the basics like flight routes etc, what I'm really looking fr is info from people who've done it before, we want to travel fr approx 3 weeks in Asia first preferably Cambodia Vietnam Laos and phillipines, I understand this may be unrealistic, so could anyone advise the best routes to go through Asia (already been to Thailand) and how much spending money approx would u need, then we want to go to Sydney and Melbourne (were undecided as where to settle) and ideally would like to do the gold coast before settling down somewhere, again my question is how long and how much money would be needed for the gold coast, whats the best way to do this bus, train or plane? at the end of the 12 months the plan is to do new Zealand and Fiji, again any info re costs would be appeciated, we want to do as much as possible in our time there so we trying to figure out how little fun were gonna have for the next year while we save :-) , any info at all or any ideas would be a great help as I can't really find relevant info online thanks :-)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 submachinegun

Me also, any recommendations from anyone going abroad would be much appricated. I'm college dropout but how would that affect me and how about PRSI when coming back. Not easy to get my head around it all

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

I don't understand why people ask 'how
    Much money do I need x,y and z tour. Everyone has different spending habits! I know some people who can scrimp and save and live off very little and then you have people who are whores with money..

Give yourself a budget and then add some more for emergencies

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

we want to travel fr approx 3 weeks in Asia first preferably Cambodia Vietnam Laos and phillipines, I understand this may be unrealistic, so could anyone advise the best routes to go through Asia

You're right I'm afraid... that's completely unrealistic! You could easily spend 3 weeks in each of those countries, so if you only have 3 weeks total then I'd say visit one. If it was me, I'd probably say Vietnam but there is loads to see and do in all of the others too so it depends what you want to do.

Do a search on the 'Independent & Youth Travel' forum on here - there are tons of threads on SE Asia and lots of itineraries to give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

6ix wrote: »
    You're right I'm afraid... that's completely unrealistic! You could easily spend 3 weeks in each of those countries, so if you only have 3 weeks total then I'd say visit one. If it was me, I'd probably say Vietnam but there is loads to see and do in all of the others too so it depends what you want to do.

Agree with this, 3 weeks in Vietnam wont even give you time to travel from Saigon(Ho Chi Minh) up to Hanoi. We spent 2 weeks and only got as far up as Nha Trang.
    I would suggest 3 weeks is the minimum if you really want to see what a country is about.

Personally I would fly in to HCM, budget for a week there and then travel up the coast, We stopped at Mui ne & then on to Nha Trang but there's lots to see and do on route. Whatever you do get up as far as Hanoi and vish halong bay, I didn't and now we have to go back :o

Advertisement