Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture in Galway - hiding bed?

Options
  • 13-02-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi!

I have a relatively small room and I use it more as an office (I have a PC + desk in it).
    I want to put a bed in it (mostly for guests), but would prefer to find one that can be hidden/folded/teleported ... not to occupy space permanently.

Is there a furniture shop in Galway (or near) that would sell this kind of non-standard stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Have a look in Argos, they do a decent range of sofabeds etc. You might find something suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Are you looking for one that folds into the wall?

I've only ever seen them on bad '70s telly, but I'm sure that a local furniture shop could provide one.

I saw a nice pul out sofa one in the furniture/blind shop beside FBD on Sean Mulvoy Road, but iirc it was quite expensive.

Not much use locally, but I did see a nice one in Ikea which would be good for occasional use.

If you're visiting shops, bring dimensions of the room with you, as well as marking door/window positions. I forgot to do this, and ended up not able to open the door when the bed was pulled out!!! It was perfect when it was just a couch, though.

Curleys are worth a try, and there's a new place where Reids were in Wellpark (may also be Curleys). There's also Cost Plus Sofas in Terryland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You might consider one of those bed-on-top desk-below types. A bit like a bunk bed, without the lower bunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A posh air mattress and an electric pump does the trick too. Not a cr*ppy one, spend a few quid more on the mattress, they're really comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

EZ living have sofa beds etc.. Sale on at the moment too.

P.S. i don't work there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gold Leaf Tea

Whilst it's good to shop local, Galway furniture stores aren't known for stocking innovative, practical designs, so you will have to look further afield unfortunately.

These are pretty cool, but spendy, I'd imagine:

http://www.studybed.co.uk/

(I saw them on one of those home revamp programmes, and they looked deadly)

There's also this website with lots of options:

http://www.spacesavingbeds.co.uk

Most UK bedding companies deliver to ROI for free or for a reasonable fee so it might be worth a look. Or if nothing else, they might give you some ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catbird

Is a magic hid-a-bed the final home of Spanish fire?

Advertisement