Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenent purchase scheme

Options
  • 13-02-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

My better half and I applied for the tenant purchase scheme late December.
    The Limerick City Council sent out a valuer to the house early January.
    We received no feedback so far from them. I am just curious to know has
    anyone received feedback from their city or county councils.
    And are people happy with the value of their house that they got back from their councils?
    The councils have to sell some old stock because they will be getting a load of houses off NAMA in the near future.
    I for one wont be in any rush to buy anything off the council if they think that I am going to pay inflated prices, even with their 30%-45% off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 caroline32

did you have to pay the council 200 euro for a valuation of the house??

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

120 euro altogeather. I still have not heard a thing back. The house prices fell nearly 2% in Janurary. They average fall for 2011, 17% last year. Cant wait to see what price they will come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 caroline32

im interested in applying but not too sure if the tenant purchase scheme or the incremental purchase scheme, iv until june 2012 to decide:confused:

Advertisement